Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/205.6/165

Height: 5'4"

Default little motivation for gym

ugh, lately i've been lacking motivation to go to the gym. I used to go straight after work because it was easier for me however lately i've been going around 7-9 because it's less busy but unfortunately that gives me about 2 hrs to hang around at home and "get sleepy" before going to the gym.

currently battling with my guilt for not going and my comfort & sleepy feelings... blah. I hate it when I get like this. Anyway, I came on here to get some motivation and I think it worked - I'm headed to the gym NOW despite my tiredness and I'll report back when I'm done.
kaybee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Go girl!
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/195/140

Height: 5'4

Oh, well that's ok, we all lose our motivation all once in a while its part of our growing process as individuals and strong women. Instead of starting so late, why not stick to your routine? But right after work, take a 30 minute cat nap, be woken up by a timer, and you'll feel better and more refreashed. Even just ten minutes of peace and quiet and can your whole outlook from before. Keep that motivation, motivation is key to losing weight. Good luck!
RareandUnknown931319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

One of the sayings that bounces around on this forum is "You don't need motivation, just commitment." Commitment is what gets you through the days when you just. don't. want. to. get. out. of. bed. I've had a few of those days lately.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/205.6/165

That's a great tip about commitment. I'll definitely keep it in mind. I might also try that power nap after work too - i'm trying to ween myself off my afternoon dose of caffeine too so that's not helping lol.

So i went, I didn't do my full cardio (supposed to do 45-50 minutes but i did 35) but I did the rest of my work out and felt really good afterwards. Glad I went.

It's kind of pathetic but I bought a parking pass (only 15$ for four months total) for the gym even though I live a less than ten minute walk away from it ... my reasoning is this has been the coldest winter Ottawa's had in 20 years and I know myself enough to know that I would NOT be battling a blizzard face-first to get to the gym, so I guess any little thing that helps me get there is worth it in the end, right? Also because I was going directly after work and it gave me a reason not to go home first to drop of my car, get comfy and then not go to the gym haha.
kaybee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #6  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Good job pushing through the tiredness. It would be very difficult for me to go back out to the gym in the situation you describe so: WELL DONE YOU!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

I find that if I put on my sneakers and workout clothes immediately when I wake up I eventually get to exercising no matter what time it is. Because I feel like an idiot taking off my sneakers without a workout. Dress the part.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
One of the sayings that bounces around on this forum is "You don't need motivation, just commitment." Commitment is what gets you through the days when you just. don't. want. to. get. out. of. bed. I've had a few of those days lately.

F.
^^this!

I've also seen it put like this: Motivation gets you started. Dedication is what gets you to goal!

Good luck!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote