South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wow! Wednesday aka Hump Day - March 19

And it's the dreaded periodontist appointment at 7:45. Yes, I'm vewy afwaid and wish I'd opted to be knocked out completely instead of just frozen. However, that would mean I'd be unable to drive myself home. I may ask them for extra freezing at the end of the procedure to avoid having it wear off before I get home.

I laughed at myself yesterday when I realized my own good food box was ALL crunchy veggies. Somehow I don't think carrots, celery and green onions will be on my menu for a while as I am not to chew anything crunch for two weeks. It's gonna be soup and shakes around here.

A bride-to-be was here at noon to sign a rental contract to use the Hall for her wedding. The woman was 45, first marriage, and was one of the most scattered people I've met. I'm sure she didn't understand what I was pointing out about insurance and liability - she was too busy admiring my kitchen, the dog and the plants on the windowsill. A flibberdigibit!

Off I go to shower and get dressed. Then it's take off to Kingston time. I am so glad we are not getting the snow, just rain. Sunrise is 7:08 this morning so part of my drive will be in the light. See you later.

Enjoy Hump Day.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good luck at the periodontist today, Ruth. Knocking me out would be the only way they'd get me there for that procedure! I hope it's a gentle surgery and you breeze right through it. That's funny about the veggies, you should just cook them until they're soft and make puree with them.

I'm so glad today's the last day of winter! I feel that I should be celebrating with something stronger than coffee, but I'll settle for a glass or two of wine at the end of the day.

A belated Happy Anniversary to Beth!

Let's get this Hump Day over with and get on with spring!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Hey Ruth - but celery, onions, and carrots are in nearly every soup I make...so puree 'em for the next couple of weeks! Hope to day is painless for you, and you recover quickly.

Good morning Cottage and all to follow! Hope hump day goes well for you .

I have work til 2, a long meeting after 2 that who-knows-when it'll end. A glass of wine will be a good way to end the day!
Old 03-19-2014, 07:22 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's Hump Day and my day before a longer weekend. All I have to do is get through today. The sun is out and the temps are going up a bit so it will be a lovely day to run the roads

Ruth - Do you have any parsnips? That puree I've been making with carrots and parsnips or carrots, parsnips, and cauliflower is soft and yummy.
Good luck today. Hope the numbing holds until you sleep.

Cottage - I will celebrate the end of winter with you tonight

Twynn - See you at Happy Hour

I'm going to toss the Savory Bean and Spinach Soup in the crock before I head out so once I'm home it's all relaxing.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Now that the shouting match is over I can catch up with you FTR I won, DS went to school. Ugh the drama. Apparently not seeing his GF or going to work later was enough motivation to go to school. I am such a mean mom lol.

Cyndi so happy your friend is not hurt.

Ruth good luck today

Hi Tammy and Linda and chicks to check in later.

The doctor went well. Being that my symptoms have gotten worse over the past two months something may be triggering the stoppage (no pun intended). He was very thorough with his questions and doesn't think my diet lacks fiber. Still I have to keep a food journal for two weeks just to see if things could be tweaked. He gave me samples of Linzess which I am to take for one week (may kick start things). I go back in three weeks, if no significant improvement then he will take a look see. He did ask me about aches and pains and TOM. Apparently women in my age group who are peri menapausal report experiencing this.

Darn it who drank my coffee. Ok time for a second cup today. Have a happy hump day!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Almost forgot - Welcome back Matilda! and thanks

Jennifer - I'm beginning to think perimenopause or menopause are the explanation for absolutely everything that happens once we hit 40
Old 03-19-2014, 08:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi - does that cause Raynauds and feeling cold all the time? Maybe I can blame peri too!! Hmmm...time to google search.....
Old 03-19-2014, 08:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

Ruth - How about cauliflower mash?

Linda - From your lips to Mother Nature's ears!

Tammy - Hope the meeting is short and efficient. I have Raynauds too!

Cyndi - I love having dinner ready in the crockpot.

Jennifer - Interesting about the age/hormone thing; no one's told me that. I've had a significant change to things for about 9 months now. I'm assuming it is the antibiotic I'm still on and hope when I finally go off things will go back to normal. I had hoped the gluten-free diet might have helped. I'll be interested to see what works for you.

I work for a few hours today. Our district manager is in and I haven't met her yet and have been having nightmares about work the past two nights. Unlike my dreams, I do plan to be there on time and appropriately dressed! Unfortunately I am fighting a cold and not feeling so great; bad timing. But this way maybe the worst of it should be over before my road trip.

I tried a weird recipe yesterday for GF grain-free bread with no success. But I thought I'd share it here in case any of you more skilled bakers want to give it a try since it has no grains in it. (Eggs and cream cheese.) Mine came out like souffle puffs. I actually found them tasty but not at all bread-like.

Have a great day.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:12 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

So I woke up this morning thinking I forgot my MIL birthday and didn't realize til I got to work that no it is today yeah, I would have felt horrible forgetting.

Ruth will be thinking of you and hope that it goes smoothly for you.

Cottage I am with you

Tywnn enjoy your wine

Jekel I hope the doctor is able to help

Cyndi I think that is why I have such a hard time losing now because my hormones are so out of whack

Karen I hope it goes smoothly meeting your district manager.

Happy Belated Anniversary Beth

Glad to see you post Matlida

Today is meetings and such and then I am trying to figure out why not all of my tv's are working for the digital cable. My cable company is forcing us to go digital after March 25th anyone without digital lose their cable. I would have just said see ya but everyone in my house would be devasted without their cable. Uverse has not come our way for tv and I didn't want satellite so they had me.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:36 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Ruth, celery/onion/carrots=mirapoix, which is the base for any soup or stew - you can chop up fine in your food processor (or by hand) and freeze for the next time you make something. Good luck today!
:-) Hi everyone!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #11  

Hello Chickies

Ruth...I feel for you about going to the periodontist. I hate having any kind of oral procedure done myself. I can going to any other kind of doctor but dentist...oh no.

Twynn...Enjoy that wine.

And just to be nosy, since I am a forty-something I am wondering what pains you are associating with peri-menopause? I have knee pain almost daily. My doctor tested me for vitamin D defincency and I have it so I am taking mega doses of vitamin D. That helped with my hip pain but the knee pain remains. As for my weight I am always messing with the same five pounds it seems but we lose it other places than the scale. I had to replace bras yesterday because apparently I have lost a cup size.

Anyway, today I have to go over to the coast again for a 2nd interview. I'm hoping also to transition my closet over to spring/summer wear. My workweek starts on Friday and they have a greater need for food demos than wine this week so, I'd better hustle if I'm to get any chores done here.

Happy Humpday Everyone!

Sue
Old 03-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Home again and feeling pretty sore as the freezing wears off. The tooth broke during removal so there was some digging. He did a bone graft to strengthen that part of the jaw, put a membrane over it and stitched it all back together. TMI I'm sure. The jaw has to heal for four months before he can insert the implant if I still want to go ahead with it. It'll be soft foods and liquids for a while and no chewing on that side. I'll try not to complain, OK?
Old 03-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Ugh just lost my post! Cyndi I couldn't agree more, yet when we were younger it was PMS's fault lol. Darn girly hormones

Tammy I have Raynaud's too. My doc ran blood work to make sure I didn't have RA as Raynaud's is an earlier symptom in some people.

Sue, glad you get some relief with Vitamin D. I think most people are deficient these days. I was diagnosed with OA in my hands (doc told me I have hands of a 65 year old woman) Osteoarthritis runs in my family so I wasn't shocked. Just surprised that it started so early (I think I was 40) I think my aches and pains are reminders that I am no longer a teenager. Also, they help me by reminding me I ache less when I take care of myself. I plan on riding my bike into my old age....maybe not a road bike, more like an old school one with a pretty basket. I think I would enjoy that Good luck with the interview
Old 03-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'm on the way to Denver to p/u DD and GD. Their car is in the shop and she wants to help me with gardening. Yipppee!!!!

I've got a few chores before I go.

Ruth, I hope your procedure goes well and that you return home without too much discomfort.

Take care all!
Old 03-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlygirly View Post
And just to be nosy, since I am a forty-something I am wondering what pains you are associating with peri-menopause? I have knee pain almost daily. My doctor tested me for vitamin D defincency and I have it so I am taking mega doses of vitamin D. That helped with my hip pain but the knee pain remains. As for my weight I am always messing with the same five pounds it seems but we lose it other places than the scale. I had to replace bras yesterday because apparently I have lost a cup size.
Sue
I had aches and pains in many places, I think mostly joints, from my feet, to hips, to hands, and even my jaw on one side every morning when I first woke. I thought it was what I read online as "menopause arthritis." Turns out that some might be arthritis, but most appears to have been a gluten sensitivity, thus my GF diet since January. It made a HUGE difference; getting up/down from chairs, in/out of the car, I was so achy and stiff.

And I got the test for RA too when I was diagnosed with Raynauds. I actually was worried about that because of the aches and pains. Phew.
Closed Thread