Old 03-18-2014, 12:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Yummy orange chicken

Hi guys, I was playing around with a few orange chicken recipes and found one that worked so I thought I would pass it along! This is great for those nights you really want takeout! While sautéing some cut up chicken breasts with salt, pepper and a little oil I took about 1/4 cup of walden farms orange marmalade and heated it in a small pan until it melted. Then I stirred in some wf Honey BBQ sauce ( less than 1/4) and a few splashes of soy sauce. I added some garlic powder and dried chives to taste. Give the sauce a taste and adjust accordingly. I finished cooking the chicken to golden brown and then added the sauce allowed it to cook on the chicken and create a glaze. Don't worry if the sauce hardens a bit before you've put it on the chicken, it will soften up once you heat it again.
I served my orange chicken with Cauli rice with a little soy sauce.... It was delicious! So glad I made extra to have tomorrow, definitely made me feel like was eating Chinese.

Enjoy! You can even put it in a takeout container, for the full experience
jojobananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:19 AM   #2  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Sounds absolutely wonderful! Saving this one in my IP recipe file. Thanks for sharing!
jendilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobananas View Post
Hi guys, I was playing around with a few orange chicken recipes and found one that worked so I thought I would pass it along! This is great for those nights you really want takeout! While sautéing some cut up chicken breasts with salt, pepper and a little oil I took about 1/4 cup of walden farms orange marmalade and heated it in a small pan until it melted. Then I stirred in some wf Honey BBQ sauce ( less than 1/4) and a few splashes of soy sauce. I added some garlic powder and dried chives to taste. Give the sauce a taste and adjust accordingly. I finished cooking the chicken to golden brown and then added the sauce allowed it to cook on the chicken and create a glaze. Don't worry if the sauce hardens a bit before you've put it on the chicken, it will soften up once you heat it again.
I served my orange chicken with Cauli rice with a little soy sauce.... It was delicious! So glad I made extra to have tomorrow, definitely made me feel like was eating Chinese.

Enjoy! You can even put it in a takeout container, for the full experience

Sounds so great. My gang might even like this. Thanks for the recipe!
Staceyhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:35 PM   #4  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

I have both WF products and can't wait to try out your recipe tomorrow night. It sounds delicious!
64peppergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I am going to try this. Sounds fantastic! Thanks!
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote