Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 04:34 PM   #1  
Searching

Default Some recipe help from the sweet Atkins ladies

Hi Everybody!

I have been putting complex carbs back in at breakfast so I am alot less Atkinsh than I was before. But I still think you all are AWESOME Ladies, and I will always come by and visit. I am still sugar free and white flour free. My "BIG" complex carbs are beans and oatmeal.

I haven't ever counted carbs anyway. I just try to make loving food choices

Anyway for lunch this afternoon I made chicken gizzards. Now I can't do the breading thing and I am not rolling anything in pork rinds. What I did was use crushed onion powder, a little pepper, and a 1/4 cup of milk as a binder. Well they came out good but the milk sucked. I need a better binder. Would eggs or egg whites be too weird or gross? What do you gals use for binding?

Thanks for your input.
Miss Chris
Old 01-15-2004, 04:39 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Eggs work great! Dip your item to coat in beaten eggs and then into whatever you want it coated with. Buttermilk works pretty well, too.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

No binding suggestions from me, except the same as Star's...I use eggs if I need to "bread" something.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, Chris! Was wondering if you were still around.
Closed Thread