Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Ems, I have been sick for two weeks and believe me, I have thought of eating for comfort. It was our go to crutch for so long that we are definitely going to think it-we just aren't going to do it because:we look so cute in our new clothes. Glad your coworker helped you out.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Congrats on your loss!!!

He's a golden retriever, this is me and two of the boys the day we visited the litter : Attachment 45909
Too cute, enjoy
Old 03-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Ems, I have been sick for two weeks and believe me, I have thought of eating for comfort. It was our go to crutch for so long that we are definitely going to think it-we just aren't going to do it because:we look so cute in our new clothes. Glad your coworker helped you out.
yep. new clothes and summer approaching are constant reminders. I'm sorry you've been sick! I hope you feel better soon!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 226/211/160

Height: 5'5"

In the first 3 weeks I lost 15 lbs, but I've been stalled for 2 weeks now. I am not giving up, but was feeling a little discouraged. I have a lot of my plate with school and work so the temptation to eat for comfort is always there. Reading this thread has been very encouraging :-)
Old 03-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

I am in my third week of IP and have never been a big vegetable fan. But, I am determined to try all the allowed ones. I have had some in the past and disliked them (like radishes), but determined to give them another chance. I think that will be good for the health benefits of different veggies and also help with monotony.

So... today I tried the baked Kale chips. I wasn't crazy about the taste, but loved the crunchy salty feel... kind of like eating potato chips.

And, I bought a bag of radishes. Sliced some and put it on a salad. Didn't like it too much. Then, I googled for recipes and tried a steamed radish recipe from Allrecipes. (Dummy me never knew that radishes could be cooked until I read a post in the newbies thread.) WOW. I actually liked them! Who woulda thunk it?
Old 03-14-2014, 04:09 PM   #141  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

I got a Fit Bit One today and just started using it. I know I'm not nearly as active as I should be, but I'm hoping this will help motivate me. Probably won't hit the goal of 10,000 steps a day, but I'll be happy if I can get half way there for now. It'll be fun just to log what I do and aim to do more each day. I know I can't exercise full force on IP, but moving more than I am will hopefully help.

Looking forward to a FULL weekend of sports with my kiddos. Volleyball tournament and a 2 day softball jamboree for my youngest and my son's first high school baseball game tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Ok today sucks- it plain out sucks. I am one lab accident away from becoming a super villain (quote Big Bang).

I swear I blew today already...I going to eat a crap load of lettuce because I just want to EAT because I am so irked off.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:00 PM   #143  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

I really think I'm going to try some of these cauliflower rices, a little chicken and veggie stir fry over some cauliflower rice sounds fantastic right now!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I really think I'm going to try some of these cauliflower rices, a little chicken and veggie stir fry over some cauliflower rice sounds fantastic right now!
I just had that! soo good
Old 03-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

PMG Sunflower those pups are wayyyyyyyyyy too cute!

WI today down 2.0 lbs which is really BIG for me. I have to be honest though, I haven't been eating much, I seem to have a stomach bug. I have never had one last this long. It is 8 days. Better get over it this weekend, I leave for Florida on tuesday morning.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 201/169/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
just did a major mess up at work. really upset about it. makes me want to go home with a bag of peanut butter m&m's and sit on the couch in the dark. not a great way to go into the weekend....
Ems,
I'm not sure what you do, but I work in an office setting. My team solves a lot of the company's problems. Our motto: if we mess up, at least no small children are dying!
Hope you're able to put this behind you quickly!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:33 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftybookworm View Post
In the first 3 weeks I lost 15 lbs, but I've been stalled for 2 weeks now. I am not giving up, but was feeling a little discouraged. I have a lot of my plate with school and work so the temptation to eat for comfort is always there. Reading this thread has been very encouraging :-)
It is VERY common for the losses to temporarily slow/stop in weeks 4-5... The body is readjusting and catching up with itself after having some pretty dramatic changes in a short time.

Have you had your measurements done at weigh-ins? Often the inches drop when the pounds don't. Have your clothes fit differently over the last week or so?

If you are 100% OP, then relax and keep it up - the weight WILL come off. If you are not 100%, then NOW is time to adjust your resolve to get back 100%!

Last edited by JLUS; 03-14-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:58 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

@kontesanera and TurtleMom, thanks! My knees already feel better.

@sunflwr, congrats on the job and the new puppy! And your upcoming wedding, too, of course!

@ems,

The first grade teachers gave me a major surprise today ... they came in after lunch with a basket full of IP goodies! It's so helpful to work with such supportive people!
Old 03-15-2014, 01:18 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 226/211/160

I have continued to lose inches from my waist even though the scale hasn't moved and my BP is still drastically better than when I started so I am choosing to focus on those positives. I have had some trouble getting in the full amount of water in several days in the last week or so and I know that will have contributed to the stall. It's also good to know that stalls are very common after a few weeks of big losses.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:29 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftybookworm View Post
I have continued to lose inches from my waist even though the scale hasn't moved and my BP is still drastically better than when I started so I am choosing to focus on those positives. I have had some trouble getting in the full amount of water in several days in the last week or so and I know that will have contributed to the stall. It's also good to know that stalls are very common after a few weeks of big losses.
Also many people (myself included) find pushing to get in a bit more water than recommended OFTEN results in a bigger loss... As does adding lots of (free) lettuce in addition yo the veggies.

It will happen soon!
Closed Thread