View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 01:04 AM   #132
Fiona W
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Betsy— About the stars-on-the-calendar idea: I had some trouble finding stars that were big enough to have visual impact. An alternative way to do it would be to color the on-plan days with like a blue or green highlighter. That approach has the advantage of not covering up things you may have written on the calendar. Just a thought...

It's funny: listening to you talk about how you love to cook and how eating is at the top of your favorite activities makes me wonder how in the heck I got up to 351 pounds. (And remember: I'm only 5' 3".) Two-part answer: (1) My psychiatric drugs were really jazzing my appetite: before I became bipolar, I weighed 140 pounds, occasionally swinging up to 165, but easily getting back down again. And of course I thought I was fat. =laugh= (2) I really really like cookies, especially oatmeal-raisin. One of my favorite activities used to be either reading or writing while eating oatmeal-raisin cookies.

But I still would put sailing, swimming, hanging out at the beach, making art, dancing to rock-n-roll, and working as a doctor higher on the list. If I had to choose just one activity to do every minute of every day for the rest of my life, it would be sailing solo. And the only thing I ever needed to put in my mouth while sailing used to be Diet Coke. For almost 50 years, Diet Coke (or Tab, back in the Tab era) reigned supreme as the one thing I couldn't live without. Giving up diet soda last fall was WAY harder than giving up carbs. I still can't believe I did it, as I sit here right now with a bottle of plain seltzer next to me.

Current mini-goal: Get BACK down to 260
Pounds to go: 7

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14
Mini-goal 3: Get down to 260 —> done 1/1/16

Last edited by Fiona W; 03-14-2014 at 01:48 AM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote