Old 03-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/166.2/150

Height: 5'3

Default Candy In Alabama

Hello everyone.. I have gained a lot over the years since ive been here last.. I want to join in again.. I have low carbed in the past 3 times and done very well with it.. My problem is I get to goal and say yeah!! and then I gain it all back and more.. I need to learn to maintain, maybe I can learn to do that...You all on here are a big help to me staying on track.. I know its me doing this to myself, I need to stop straying away...Again im going to do this! I got to reset my ticker, now im 204 lbs the biggest ive ever been...
Candy In Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Welcome back, Candy - I'll be here long term, my goal is to stay engaged in managing my weight for at least 44 months (and I'm only 6 months in!)
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:08 AM   #3  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

Welcome back Candy!! I'm a second time around person!! 10 years ago lost 50 pounds and got to 178 my lowest adult weight....I'm 60 weeks in and down to 172. Realistic goal is 160...where I was in high school before I ever tried a "diet"!! I'm 47 and the losses are very slow is time around but I am hopeful I am learning something so I can maintain the loss this time!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:48 AM   #4  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

You are starting.. that is the hardest part! You can do it Candy.. we all can. Just know it!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/251/185

Height: 5'6

Welcome Candy! You are in the right place. We have all struggled with our weight and watched the scales go up and down. Jump on in. Join us for the 5 lb challenge (you have the advantage because your just starting ) and the Easter Challenge. We want to see you succeed!
newme12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #6  

Thank you all!! I know for me this is hard..low carbing is easy but my day is not with work and all . thats where i go off track... im gonna low carb as best i can.. i hope it helps.. Thank you all for being there for me....getting off work and finding anything thats easy to cook for supper is what ive been doing.. i guess i need to do that but add extra for me and leave out the other things i cook for the ones that can eat anything...lol im gonna give it my best shot... again...
Old 03-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #7  

I got to change my ticker when i figure out how, from 188 to 205....
Old 03-12-2014, 04:35 AM   #8  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

Candy - I use the same exact strategy!! I cook an entire meal but only eat the on plan food!! I stick to whole foods...least processed. I also make my own food that the rest of the family does not like...like fauxtato salad...potato salad but made with cauliflower!! It is one of my favorites!! While I don't really struggle with food choices, I truly struggle with portion control!! I want to eat all day long...I try to add tea, broth, etc into my routine to keep me from grazing!! When I go out I try to add a cup of tea at the beginning of the meal too - while everyone is usually eating bread!! This week I've wanted to eat so much I'm going to get some sugar free jello to help satisfy that urge...PS. I'm never really hungry but I usually always feel driven to eat and I really hate it!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Like Lulu, I too cook for the family. I make them side dishes that I don't touch. And in the early weeks I made them stuff I don't like (still do when I feel tempted!). I do a bit like Lulu too, make stuff for myself in parallel - if they have pizza, I have meatza. I make my favorite low carb side dishes that generally I'm the one who eats... Main dishes is what I try to share w the family, and veggies, but veggies for my family are a struggle so there's not much competition there!
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #10  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Hey Candy,

I'm Chrislyn - also in Alabama. I'm in the same boat. I haven't dieted since 2009 and here I am back again. I weighed in Monday at 189. I haven't been this heavy in a while. Maybe we can help each other get back on track.

Chrislyn
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:20 PM   #11  

Thanks everyone.. I forgot my password, ive been trying to log on, but the wrong password dont work.. lol i finally figured it out.. now im back and ready to join in and lose some weight.. and i figured out how to change my ticker to.. Im ready to get started...
Old 03-27-2015, 11:15 AM   #12  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi Candy... Welcome back... I too I have lost and regained... but since starting again back on May 10th 2014 I'm down 45lbs... and 10lbs of that just in the last 2 weeks since recommitting to Atkins, which I'm very excited about...

I truly believe the weight will come off... and If I stick with it, the weight will stay off! And I know if I can do it... Anyone can do it... Look forward to seeing you here at 3fc...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote