Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 06:13 AM   #1  

Default Daily Thread -- Thursday, January 15

Okay, who took my snow? Come on now...'fess up! I don't get a snow day today and I'm 15 years too late to have a devil-may-care-attitude about college studies? Where's the justice in that I ask you?

I was all ready to pout this morning about having to go to work, but as I was reading my Bible, all the verses were about a cheerful spirit and a happy heart. I got the message. God will take care of my tired self today at school and He will get me through grad school if it is meant to be. Life is good!

I am loving the Step thread! This is stuff I wanted to know about you ladies as it is so similar to what I go through. I hope to go back and add some more, but it really got me yesterday. After I got offline, I had a strong urge to eat that I hadn't had in awhile. I guess opening up all that stuff was making me feel uncomfortable things and I just wanted to stuff them back down again. But I didn't. I stuck to my plan for dinner and I'm okay!

My sponsor wants me to become active in some of the loops that are available, but I just don't think I can right now. Between emailing her and writing things down on my own and coming here, I am already using up all the computer time I am comfortable with giving myself. (If that makes sense...) Maybe later on I will be able to do as she suggests; I don't know.

Okay, your turn. I'm off to pack lunches and fix breakfasts. Have a great day!

Love ya,
Christy
Old 01-15-2004, 09:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Christy, what a wonderful attitude you have. Life IS good!
My daughter is in high school, and school buses aren't supplied for the kids. Either they walk or they're given a bus pass for the city buses. We live too close to the school for her to require a bus pass, so...
However, the walk is good for her. She's a lazy little thing, and besides, she enjoys the walk with her friends.

Jennelle, I'd never heard of Angelman Syndrome. Your dear sister... I'll add their family to my prayer list.

Kat, did you have a good time with your friends last night?

Miss Chris, the step program thread is GREAT! I need to add to mine.
I was sleeping yesterday! I dropped DS off at school, and fell asleep for two hours! Then after the kids got home from school I had a four hour nap! I think my body was trying to tell me something. Could be why I've been binging so much lately, too. And this cold weather is really dragging me down.
Hey, you could always start a depression thread, hon. I'll join you.

Have a wonderful day, all!
Old 01-15-2004, 09:05 AM   #3  

Ceejay, I missed your post! Sounds like you've been terribly busy... take care!
Old 01-15-2004, 09:59 AM   #4  
Searching

Default I think I posted at the same time as Jennelle yesteday

because I missed her post. But now I have read it

Good Morning!

Need to collect my thoughts this morning. My unmanageable life has come to bite my booty, and since I am trying to not eat it I need to do some major talking and listening to God today. So I am going to do housework and Yoga and see what God says. He might not answer me today, but I can be patient, I know he will see me through. And that is the reason I am choosing to have joy in my heart this morning. There are so many worse things than my problems. Everyone here is healthy with a roof over their head and food in their belly. What more could we want?

Ellis- NO DEPRESSION THREAD! You can join that forum with Leens I can't get mired in the isolation and the blech of it otherwise I might lose my recovery which is sooooooooo important to me. So instead I am going to say perky, cheerleader things to you so loud you can't take a nap Give me 5 things your grateful for today ELLIS!

Christy- Didn't mean to on your parade . It's good that you are the pilot group for this grad program, YOU CAN SET THE STANDARD! God will take care of you and I will add you to my prayers (your already there, but here's your reminder) coming your way!

Jenelle- Angelman's syndrome? Well I learn something new everday? Is there any further complications that will shorten this child's life? (((((((((Jenelle)))))) I want you to have a great day!

Kat- My meeting was great! The topic was phonecalls, well they opened the door so I am calling everyone this week. They will have to love me anyway

Have a great day and where are Sandi's and Patton
Much love,
Chris
Old 01-15-2004, 10:12 AM   #5  

Chris, darling, God always answers... but you have to be listening.

Okay! No depression thread!! (hey, I've got a psychiatrist for THAT! )
Today I am grateful for:
- feeling energetic (thanks to napping for six hours yesterday )
- the sun shining, despite the windchill being -39C
- having coffee in the house
- my computer not buggering up for some time
- my wonderful family
- my dear friends here

That's six. And I could go on and on. Where is YOUR grateful list, girl?
Enjoy your yoga. And listen.
love and hugs...
Old 01-15-2004, 10:32 AM   #6  
Searching

Default My Gratuity List

1. I am thankful for my family, including all the in-laws and out-laws
2. I am thankful for the beautiful 20 F day we have started off with
3. I am thankful for having God in my life
4. I am thankful for all the ladies at 3FC that give their support and love
5. I am thankful for my sponsors
6. I am thankful for OA
7. I am thankful that I know what colors are
8. I am thankful I can read and write
9. I am thankful that I have a job
10. I am thankful that I am not alone
11. I am thankful that my recovery is important to me today
12. I am thankful that I have arms to hug with
13. I am thankful for Ellis, Christy, Kat, Jenelle, CJ, SandiW, Sandi, Patton, and all the ladies who share their E,S,H.
14. I am thankful I have a computer
15. I am thankful for my college education
16. I am thankful for Columbian coffee
17. I am thankful that I can dream
18. I am thankful that I have a love of the arts
19. I am thankful for flushy toliets
20. I am thankful for Dr.'s that cure people
21. I am thankful for single mom's that work hard for their kids, bless them everyone
22. I am thankful for the ability to perform service in my community
23. I am thankful for my journals

Hmmm. Someday I will make it to 50

I LOVE YOU GALS!
Miss Chris
Old 01-15-2004, 03:34 PM   #7  
Searching

Default Good Afternoon!

First I have to say thank you to my 2 's Ellis and Christy who started my day off right and just having their messages here cheered my soul. Plus I really appreciate you throwing the gratitude list back at me Ellis. It was just what I needed to make sure my day bounced along.

I have snuggled with hubby, done a load of dishes, ate lunch, and in about 30 min I am getting my Yoga in and then I will lie in the bath the silly girl that I am. Whatcha doin

Love ya!
Miss Chris
Old 01-15-2004, 04:28 PM   #8  

HMOG, I forgot to be thankful for God.

I love you, too, Chris. Sounds like you've been having a lovely day.

I spent about two hours playing Zoo Tycoon today. And in between moves I cleared out the TV room. shudder. It was disgusting in there.
I'm actually making dinner right now. Something I'm NOT very good at.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:37 PM   #9  

Gee, I lost my post.

Hello again,
My name is B and I am a compulsive overeater.

17 weeks ago I started an intense weight training regime. It is going quite well. I haven't missed a day.
Nov 11 I quite smoking. That is a feat unto itself.

I am so successful in many other ways, I just can't stop eating. I am lost and tired of trying. Tired of thinking about it, I need some help. Any advise for me?
Old 01-15-2004, 04:37 PM   #10  

Default I wanna play!

Here's my gratitude list...
1. God turned my mood around through His word this morning.
2. My class got a lot done today and we had a good time, too.
3. I went to a faculty baby shower after school today and didn't give the refreshments a second thought because they weren't on my plan today.
4. My sister is alive and recovering nicely from her car wreck.
5. My other sister who needed full time work was offered two jobs on the same day and was able to pick the one of her dreams.
6. My domestically challenged DH has fetched and carried children from school and to ballet classes and done laundry while I've been busy this week.
7. I have a sponsor.
8. I have y'all here on this board.
9. I am healthy despite my weight problem.
10. My children know God.
11. I have a warm, clean home to love my family in.
12. Our bills are paid and our cupboards are full.
13. Tomorrow is Friday.
14. The sun is shining and the sky is a beautiful blue.
15. I live in America.
16. I am of reasonable intelligence.
17. I am good at my job.
18. My children are healthy and happy and well-behaved.
19. I am able to write to express my feelings.
20. I have hope for recovery.

That's so exciting!

Ellis -- I had to at you for describing your daughter as lazy! Do ya think it's a girl thing? My oldest DD has the same problem. It drives me bananas! She will stash things in the oddest places to keep from putting them away in the spot they belong two feet from her! And she would sit in front of the TV 24/7 if I'd let her. Grrrr!

Miss Chris -- Sorry about your financial woes. I pray things start to look up soon. I remember a time a couple of years ago when I would have a panic attack each time I sat down to pay the bills. It's no fun, but it can improve! We're living proof of that, hun. Good for you on not eating it. Have you really let yourself bask in the glow of how amazing and wonderful that is? If not, you definitely should. I'm so proud of you and happy for you for that!

Okay, I'm going in here to do the supper cookin' thing. I'll pop back in later!

Christy (who just found this cute little guy and wants to make him her own--> )
Old 01-15-2004, 04:41 PM   #11  

Gee...it takes me so long to post I didn't see you again, ellis! Hello!

(((buban))) -- Welcome! Check out some of the stickies about OA in this forum. You may find some help there. I'm new to recovery myself and don't have a lot of answers, but there will be some ladies popping in later with much experience! Good luck to you!

Christy
Old 01-15-2004, 05:25 PM   #12  

Welcome, Buban! Congratulations on quitting smoking!

Chris, where does it say you're having financial problems? I really need to slow down when I read. I'm in the same state right now. I just got a 900+ dollar heating bill, and the company is just going to have to WAIT!
Okay, I'll pray for you, you pray for me. In the meantime, I've often thought of robbing a bank... do you have it in you, Bonnie?

Oh, Christy... lazy is RIGHT! I keep wondering... "Am I SUPPOSED to pick everything up after her just because I'm a SAHM?!" NO!!
Old 01-15-2004, 07:05 PM   #13  

Default Let go, let god/dess

Hi all!

It's almost the weekend.

Went to my morning meeting today. It was on step 5. Lots of great shares.

Pretty average day. This weekend is OA's big birthday bash here in LA. I am going on Saturday. It'll be fun!

Ceejay: Great seeing you!

Christy: It was sunny and 71 here today. I say that's better than a snow day. But sorry you didn't get one!

Ellis: Hanging out with my friends was a lot of fun! They are a great bunch and we are always laughing. I see them again tomorrow because it's one of their birthdays.

Buban: Yay for quitting smoking!!!!! I have been smoke-free for almost 9 years now (I smoked 1 - 1/12 packs a day in college). It's tough but soooo worth it!

Chris: Sorry you're having money issue. DH and I still need to grow up in that area. We're slowly getting better but still have a lot of room for improvement.

My gratitude list:

I am thankful for my Higher Power and her guidance.

I am thankful for my husband and our life together.

I am thankful for my family and friends.

I am thankful for the beautiful weather we have been having.

I am thankful for my sponsor.

I am thankful for both f2f and online meetings.

I am thankful for this wonderful group and am so happy I found you all!

I am thankful for Bill W and Dr. Bob.

I am thankful to the founders of OA.

I am thankful for nature - I am closest to my HP when I am in it.

I am thankful to Joss Whedon for creating so many great shows.

I am thankful for my kitties.

I am thankful for email because I can easily keep in contact with friends and family across the country and world.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:44 PM   #14  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I am tired, but it's too early to go to bed. Besides, I have to pick up daughter from the hockey game, which will be ending around 10:00.

Rough day at school today...I got there early on purpose so I could run off some copies for a big thing we were doing in class today and the copy machine crapped out on me. I ended up using the small one, which took me about twice as long. :grr: Plus, the kids were wild as all get-out today, and I have a new girl in my 6th grade class who is about 110% teenage attitude. Can you IMAGINE getting snippy with the teacher on your FIRST DAY IN A NEW SCHOOL?

I am dreading Step 4: a "fearless moral inventory of myself." I emailed my sponsor about it, and she basically told me to calm down...I'm getting ahead of myself.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:12 PM   #15  
Searching

Angry Good Evening!

I am having such a lazy day I think we need these every once in awhile. I can't find my freaking glasses and its driving me crazy

Jenelle- Your going to find your sponsor wants you to live in the present. We will worry about Step 4 when we get ther and we are ready. We can recognixe our flaws and note them for later if you like

Kat- its awesome when you have a great meeting. On the Friday night one we read out of the 12 and 12 and everyone tells what they just read means to them. I love it.

Congrats on quitting smoking you and buban. I will get there in my own time. One day at a time.

Buban-Welcome I sent along a welcome PM!

Ellis- I am not ready to rob banks yet, give me a couple a month and a talk with God. I have a feeling he will say no Prayers are sufficient.

Christy- Your so sweet, like I said you and Ellis really lifted me up this morning. Now you think you can get me in the shower?

I love the gratitude list. I have one more for our prayers tommorow. My FP sponsor is going in for a job interview lets add her she needs all the 's she can get.

See ya'll in the morning!
Much love,
Chris
Closed Thread