Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 05:45 PM   #1  

Default my name

My son said something that made me think the other day. He was reading over my shoulder as I was looking at recent posts and said, "Maybe people will think you're putting yourself down by calling yourself 'terrific pig'." I didn't really think of it when I chose the name. It wasn't meant to describe myself or make a judgement about my weight at all. It actually refers to one of my favorite books, Charlotte's Web. Charlotte weaves the word terrific into her web to describe Wilbur. I'm a teacher who loves children's literature, so the name seemed perfect to me. Does anyone else have a screen name with a story behind it?

Mary
Old 01-14-2004, 06:18 PM   #2  

Mary, Thanks for sharing that! Mine is pretty self explanatory. Mthrgoos for Mother Goose since I have 6 kids, and 68 for the year my husband was born. That way everybody was included!
Old 01-14-2004, 06:30 PM   #3  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Mine is my first name lol. Not very creative, but still unique.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:39 PM   #4  

I forgot to mention that my fiance Mark drew my pig logo. He's a cartoonist, recently syndicated. His comic strip, Spot the Frog, just debuted last Monday in several newspapers around the country - Seattle, Denver, Albany NY, Portland Oregon, St. Paul MN, Salt Lake City are some of the papers Spot's in. If the strip if it isn't in your local paper but you'd like to check it out, go to spotthefrog.net.

There! That's my advertisement for the day...

mary
Old 01-14-2004, 06:47 PM   #5  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

My real name is John, but I always liked Matt. And my last name doesn't start with a "H", it is just my favorite initial.

okay, thats not true..i wish I was more original. Okay, here is a scary Canadian cowboy elf clown .
Old 01-14-2004, 10:11 PM   #6  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Well, I actually gave birth to two monkey babies......and they swing from the trees through out the house.

I have always liked monkeys, and while I was preggo with DS # 1, I collected a bunch of stuffed monkeys. When both of my babies were born...their little feeties reminded me of monkey feet. That is how I came up with the name monkeybabies.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:48 PM   #7  
missaprylj

Aprylcadabra....

Apryl is my name. LOL. -cadabra like "Abracadabra" but, you're thinking "wow, she must think we're really dumb because WE KNEW THAT!"

Well.... the actual reasoning is to remind me that there's a little magic in everyone. Even me.

Old 01-14-2004, 11:20 PM   #8  

Mary, I LOVED Charlotte's Web when I was a kid. I can't wait to introduce it to my daughter (she'll be 5 in March).

My name is "Step" cuz I'm too lazy to type "Stephanie" ... and it came about many years ago in my younger and crazy days (mid 20s) ... I have a good friend who is an avid and experienced sailor. Many years ago, on a whim, I joined him as part of a group of 6 who rented a 32-foot sailboat and sailed around the Virgin Islands (St. Thomas, Virgin Gorda and lots of smaller islands) for 9 days. We knew that six people living in close quarters could be problematic so we tried to set up a schedule of daily "jobs" to eliminate problems before they happened. You know important stuff (cook, cook's helper, and bartender). In making our schedule I was the ONLY person w/ a name (or nickname) over 4 characters, so it was cut to "Step" to keep the size of the paper a manageable size!!

Last edited by Step; 01-14-2004 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

well, one one my friends once nicknamed me gonzo cuz i was the "weird one". and i LOVE stars. the shape, not really the real ones. i even have a star tatoo. so "gonzostar" is my handle on everything (except AIM, that came before the star obsession). so there ya go. knew you all were wondering.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

I use Lekker just because it is one of my favourite Dutch words! It means appetizing, tasty, lovely, pleasant, etc. I lived for a year in Holland (hence the avatar with me and the rather large shoes), and all of us foreign students used the word excessively and in *every* possible context.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:35 PM   #11  
Old Cackler

my initials are jfp, and i was once working at a place where we signed EVERYTHING with our initials, never our names. one of my friends there cried 'jiffypop' when she saw them...

and it stuck!!!!
Old 01-15-2004, 01:39 AM   #12  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Mine wasn't very original. glynne ~ my first name is Gayle, middle name Lynne. I think I tried to do something with gayle, but it was already taken. I was brand new to this internet stuff when I started on 3FC and didn't know you could get creative with the names. I think now I would pick something different if I could. Maybe BlueDenimGirl or something like that ~ it kind of describes me.

Gayle
Old 01-15-2004, 07:53 AM   #13  

My actual name is Sherry, as you know. When I was in high school, one of my favorite band was The Alarm (anyone here remember them?) They have a song named "Spirit of 76" with a character named Suzie (spelled with a "z"). When I came to this board, someone was already using Sherry, so I figured I would use Suzie76 from that song.

Sherry
Old 01-15-2004, 08:22 AM   #14  
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

You know when you meet that special someone and you start playing the baby name game, where you imagine what you would name your baby and how it would look with his last name? Well, when I was 17 and met my special someone I did that. Willow was the name I have forever wanted to name a daughter if I had one. Fortunately my best friend pointed out to me that that name would not work because my special someone's last name was Stubbs....Willow Stubbs... Tree Stubbs....no.

So, if I can't name my daughter that, then I will take the name. The girl part is just because it sounds better than willowwoman or willowlady. I won't admit to it meaning that I refuse to grow up
Old 01-15-2004, 09:38 AM   #15  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I joined 3FC in October of 2000, that was the same month/year Jacob was born. Hence JacobsMommy. I will be in trouble if I ever have another little one. I'd hate to change my name now!!

Scary Clowns are gone!!
Closed Thread