View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #124
shr1nk1ngme
Vegetarian low-carb

S/C/G: 185/131/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
I'm going to try to get back on track again and post here daily. I feel like I'm finally starting to get things back under control.
I find that posting daily keeps me on track as well.

I'm not weighing in today since yesterday was an UpDay, but I had to say:

I went running again yesterday! It was only my third time running, ever, in my life. But it's already getting easier. Last night I was able to complete all my intervals, I didn't burn out partway through, and today I have no pain. For tonight's run I have upped the duration of the intervals and added two more intervals. It's a modified Couch 2 5K program. I think I really can do it!

And this: KELP NOODLES! I saw them on Dr. Oz but I was skeptical after trying shirataki noodles over and over again and just, well, hating them. Not so much hating the results but I absolutely hate working with shirataki noodles. Gross! So when I saw kelp noodles on Dr. Oz I thought I'd give them a try but I wasn't expecting anything great.

OMG I LOOOOVE kelp noodles! They are PERFECT in a stir fry. An entire package of them has LESS calories than shirataki noodles. Unlike shiratake, the kelp noodles stay firm and absorb the flavor of the sesame oil and soy sauce wonderfully. I have only used them in stir fry so I have not noticed any strange taste. I have read that they are very good in salads, too, but I haven't tried them prepared that way yet.

185/131/120 ~ 5'2"

shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote