Old 03-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default eep.

i've been gone from the site for awhile but i'm back I did a BMI calculation thingy today and to be in a "healthy" range i need to lose 104lbs. I don't fully rely on my BMI, but i do agree that weight would be ideal for me. I need motivation though. I feel so very alone in my weight loss. No one at home understands it, and i get criticized when i buy my food for meal prepping. I just want to be healthy. I have an underactive thyroid AND pcos. DOUBLE WHAMMY. But i've been working really hard to cut out sugar, processed foods, and most carbs. I have been doing good, but not great. I keep falling off the wagon. I use "lose it" to track what i eat, and that helps a lot. I just need lots of love to keep me going
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Welcome back! I love your username! So sorry you're dealing with all that. Here's a lot of love and !!! Perhaps joining some sort of challenge or accountability thread would help keep you grounded? Good luck and you can do it!!!!!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:54 PM   #3  

Thank you
Old 03-07-2014, 04:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/208/165

Height: 5'6"

Default You are in the right place

Many, many of us did the happy dance when we went from being morbidly obese to just obese on the BMI chart. And I will be even happier when I soon hit just "overweight". (And this even knowing the BMI chart can't really be too accurate for me. Come on, I lettered in shoutout in high school. I will never be tiny.)

Anyway, it's a one day at a time thing. More days than not eat nutritiously, for your body, not for your mind. More days than not get up and exercise. You will make it. Your metabolism will slowly begin to normalize, and your PCOS will slowly get better as your metabolic syndrome does.

Just look at all the stories of men and women here who have lost 50, 79, 100, 120 pounds and more and without surgery, just changed habits. You can and will do it too. One day at a time.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hey OP! Welcome back! I can understand and sympathise where you are coming from with your PCOS, as I too have it. Mine is really mild, but its enough to have made me overweight all my life. I have been on my journey for 5 weeks now, and I have fallen off the bandwagon a couple of times too, but each time, I learn from the experience and then I get back into it the next day. It is a one day at a time thing; I feel really overwhelmed when I think of how much weight I have to lose in order to get back into the 'healthy' area of the BMI chart, however I am exercising, making small changes and remaining positive, and slowly its happening Dont give up! I have also found that looking on pinterest and having a motivational board for fitness really helps me get back into the game. Best of luck, and keep posting!
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:52 AM   #6  

Thank you both
Old 03-07-2014, 10:26 AM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #8  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi,

Just wanted to give you some support and encouragement. Just keep going. If you fall down, get back up. I assure you no one who has reached their goal has done so by being "perfect", whatever that is. That has been a hard lesson for me. Just to give you an idea, I have been on this journey for over two years and am still working on getting to my goal. I, too, have some health issues which make my weight loss very slow. But I know that if I am doing it, anyone can. You can, too! I wish you love and support. This board is great for support. Keep going. You can do it!
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote