Old 03-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Default My First Weigh In

Hi to everyone who may or may not be reading this! As part of me wanting to be accountable for my journey, I am posting the results of my first ever weigh in here, and will continue to do so throughout my journey for better health and well being.

I try to eat under 1300 calories a day; I am not obsessive when I count them, however I am conscious of what goes into my mouth, and I eat as cleanly as I can. I have cut out the addition of processed sugar to my food. I know some people are of the opinion that cutting out entire food groups of things that are used in almost everything is not beneficial or sustainable in the long run, but even before I started trying to lose weight, I never really ate a lot of processed sugar anyway, so its not really a big deal to me.

I exercise 6 days a week, and I have one day where I do no exercise, and a free meal each week too where I can eat whatever I like. Knowledge is power and after reading up on fast food in particular, I have made healthy choices for my free meal, I have probably just eaten a bit more than my normal portion. I do pilates 3 days a week, and I go to the gym 3 days a week. At the moment, I do 15 minutes on the elliptical, where the best I have run in the 15 minutes is 1.85km. I do 30 minutes on an exercise bike, riding at least 10km in the 30 minutes and I finish off with 15 minutes on the rowing machine, where I do upwards of 2.2km in the 15 minutes, with the resistance set on 6.

So here are my starting figures:
Starting weight: 110kg
Bust: 51 inches
Stomach: 49 inches
Backside: 45.5 inches

I have decided on monthly weigh ins, as I know weight can flucctuate a lot between weeks, especially being a girl, so I just do it the first of ever month. My statistics are now:
Current weight: 106.5kg
Bust: 48.5 inches
Stomach: 45.5 inches
Backside: 44.5 inches

So by my calculations, I have lost 3.5kg and 7 inches in a month! Considering as I have been sick and unable to go to the gym for the last 2 weeks, I am really happy with this! I havent seen a loss on the scales since I was in early high school, and at first I couldnt believe it, but I am so happy! I cant wait to work hard this month and see how I go!

I have set a mini goal of losing 10kg before May, however I will be happy with any loss, as I know there is no quick fix, and it will happen when it happens. I was feeling a little discouraged last week, especially being sick, but seeing the results on the scale has reinforced to me, the reasons why I am doing this, and that when you do the work, you see results.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to the challenge that is next month! Best of luck on your own journey xx.
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #2  
natalie

S/C/G: 233/217.2/170

Height: 5'10

Welcome caldwg.
Good job on your first month. Excersizing 6 days a week is fantastic! Good for you! Keep up the good work.
Natalie
npotyonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations! That's so exciting, you are doing GREAT! I look forward to reading more about your journey as you continue!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/183.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Congrats and keep moving forward
SMeeker71 is offline   Reply With Quote