PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #16  
Starting over

S/C/G: 195/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycat32 View Post
. She gave me a list of food "rules" as well as a very "black and white" sheet of what I can eat and what I should avoid.
Anything on the list surprise you? (very curious!)
veggiedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:54 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I lost 4.5 lbs this month! Maybe more when I weight myself tomorrow!

Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #18  
Starting over

That's AWESOME Rana!!!!

This medically supervised plan of your BF's, sure is working...ah...for you! LOL (hope he's doing well too)

Are you finding it easy to follow this month? Any big changes with this diet?
Old 02-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Thanks veggiedawg. My BF has actually lost a ton of weight already (argh, men!). He had a lot of weight to lose, so he's got those big gains at the start. And he was super-disciplined at the beginning, but he's relaxing a bit more now and the weight loss is more normal -- like 1.5 lbs a week.

For me, the diet is essentially Paleo, but he wasn't eating Paleo unless I cooked for him. He never thought he would be eating this way before (he always thought food would get in the way of our relationship) but now he can't believe he's been eating like this for two months and the results are really showing. He's fitting into old clothes and is more energetic than before. And he's drinking water!!!!!

This just confirms that I need to eat this way forever. That's something I need to find a way to remember and not revert back to "just that little thing" won't cause me any harm... It will. Not because one slice of cake will send me into a diabetic shock, but rather because it opens the door for other items -- rice, breads, cookies, and so on.

And... my body just doesn't respond well with that type of food.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #20  

Default New to this Forum

I am new to this website but would like to connect with others that have issues with PCOS.

I just turned 40 and I was diagnosed when I was 16 years old. I've had issues with fertility but am blessed with 2 boys. Last year I had to have a hysterectomy and also lost 1 ovary due to all the issues.

I am finding my hair is thinning, acne at 40, and low energy. I am at my highest weight, 238# and ready to make some drastic change so I can keep up with my very active family. I also had pneumonia 2 times last year and now have asthma issues that make it difficult for me to exercise.

I am interested in supplements. I do not take any prescription drugs except for my asthma inhalers.

My doctor recommended Ideal Protein diet but I know I won't be able to follow the guidelines. I've looked at Southbeach which seems like a similar plan but not as restrictive. I know I have a sugar addiction but am not diabetic. I worry about that, though.
Awtymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #21  
Starting over

Welcome Awtymom!

Yes, Ideal Protein does seem strict and not so appetizing (LOL). I use the Mayo Clinic Diet which seems to be basically this: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritio...-eating-plate/
and for motivation, I just bought a book by Tosca Reno...someone on the Whole Food board had mentioned it. She's more pro-protein but I like her eating style.

The only supplement I've been taking is D3. 4000UI/day. I bought the chewable ones (webber brand) because I choke on the tiniest of pills...eek!

I caught a little of "Katie", the tv show, yesterday and she was talking about thinning hair. I couldn't really hear any big revelations--anyone else see this? Did I miss something good?

Sorry to hear about your hysterectomy. Was it PCOS symptoms that cause you to need this?

BTW...I'm 39 and have 3 kiddo's.