Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 04:49 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-05-2014, 04:52 AM   #2  

Default Good coaches

Good Coaches
Let's share

If you have a GREAT coach, let everyone know what makes them great! We should all know what to expect for our money!
Old 03-05-2014, 04:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

It is 1:53 AM AND I am up, wide awake. Our house has sold (buyer removed inspection contingency). Excited, but lots of moves ahead, first to a rental before the end of the month and then building our dream home.

Son deploys this morning at 5:55AM Hawaii time. No more to say.

First big trip soon since starting IP (sunny!)so this a big challenge for me to stay IP for a week. With great advice from the people on this site, I can do it. I want to come home with a nice weight loss.

The nicest part of this has been packing for the trip - sweet summery shorter skirts, palettes of soft pink and cream, size 16's. New shoes ( other too big) and then treated myself to spray tan, manicure, pedicure, haircut. Feeling very good and look forward to seating myself on the airplane and being able to fasten AND tighten that seatbelt! NSV
Old 03-05-2014, 05:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good Coach:
1. My coach knows the program, but she also know nutrition and how it works with the body.
2. My coach is a swimmer. I am a swimmer. She understands that I want to swim and that it helps my arthritis so she gave me helpful suggestions on how to make it work with the restricted calories.
3. My coach seems to care about me, and not just me, I have watched her with her other clients before or after me and she is kind and considerate to everyone. She knows weight loss is tough and that all have challenges.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:46 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
It is 1:53 AM AND I am up, wide awake. Our house has sold (buyer removed inspection contingency). Excited, but lots of moves ahead, first to a rental before the end of the month and then building our dream home.

First big trip soon since starting IP (sunny!)so this a big challenge for me to stay IP for a week. With great advice from the people on this site, I can do it. I want to come home with a nice weight loss.

The nicest part of this has been packing for the trip - sweet summery shorter skirts, palettes of soft pink and cream, size 16's. New shoes ( other too big) and then treated myself to spray tan, manicure, pedicure, haircut. Feeling very good and look forward to seating myself on the airplane and being able to fasten AND tighten that seatbelt! NSV
Boo schenectedy for being up so early but yeah on the house! That will take a load off your mind!

Will keep your son in my prayers as he is deployed again.

And super yeah! for vacations! Enjoy the smaller clothes and sun!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

On coaches - I am blessed with a super awesome coach! She knows the program thoroughly, always has suggestions to help me through rough spots. When I had to go super low fiber and then recover from surgery, she really helped with getting me through it. And she really puts a lot of effort into her coaching - she's always available via text for questions and stays up to date. Besides that,she's a super nice person!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panya View Post
I feel somewhat down today. On my 1st WI I lost 5 lbs, then 2 lbs 2nd WI. The third WI I gained I lb . My coach is very very disappointed. She kept asking me if I really want to do this. She said okay I will put you on the burst diet. ...
There could be a couple pounds of difference just by weighing at a different time of day....first weigh in in the morning.....second in the afternoon/evening?

Don't let it get you down. Total of 6 lbs in first 3 weeks is the exact place I was. I was very similar with a -3/-3/0. The following week I was -3. Hang in there. And shame on that coach.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 AM   #8  

I probably shouldn't be posting this early into my program but I'm nervous and could use some advice. Today is only day 2 for me and I'm a total newbie to IP.

Aside from getting a lot of written literature and the basic overview of Phase I from my coach (who is a chiropractor in NYC that I found through the 'find a center' link on the IP website), I'm unsure of how much I'm supposed to be eating per day.

Yesterday I had the packaged omelet, the leek soup accompanied by 2 cups of broccoli that I sautéed in 1tsp O.O., an IP chocolate bar and chicken breast, sautéed in tsp O.O. with 2 cups of broccoli.

But, how many calories am I supposed to be consuming? The sheet specifically states not to consume anything more than the portions sizes for Phase I or I’m “cheating”.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #9  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubee7 View Post
I probably shouldn't be posting this early into my program but I'm nervous and could use some advice. Today is only day 2 for me and I'm a total newbie to IP.

Aside from getting a lot of written literature and the basic overview of Phase I from my coach (who is a chiropractor in NYC that I found through the 'find a center' link on the IP website), I'm unsure of how much I'm supposed to be eating per day.

Yesterday I had the packaged omelet, the leek soup accompanied by 2 cups of broccoli that I sautéed in 1tsp O.O., an IP chocolate bar and chicken breast, sautéed in tsp O.O. with 2 cups of broccoli.

But, how many calories am I supposed to be consuming? The sheet specifically states not to consume anything more than the portions sizes for Phase I or I’m “cheating”.
Hi lulubee! Congrats on getting started on IP and welcome!

Looks like you're doing fine on the food except you probably will want to add the 2 tsp of EVVO (extra virgin olive oil) directly to your food rather than counting what you're cooking with. Your body needs the fat and when you cook with it most of it stays in the pan.

If you stick to what's on your Phase 1 sheet you'll be fine - no need to count calories. I track my calories, carbs, etc. in MFP (My Fitness Pal) just because I like numbers and I come in between 700 & 900 per day usually. But really, you don't need to do that.

Check out the "What are you eating today" thread to get ideas of what other people are eating for some ideas - eating broccoli and chicken every day can get boring.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Good Coaches
Let's share

If you have a GREAT coach, let everyone know what makes them great! We should all know what to expect for our money!
My coach is great, she listens to my concerns and answers all my questions honestly, not necessarily always "toeing the company line", which I appreciate. She's open to options, including some alternatives, and has great suggestions when I feel like I want to give up or I'm not inspired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

Congrats on the house sale! Sounds like the start of a new adventure. And yay on the sunny, warm trip - enjoy!

Quote:

Like RuthAnn said, don't worry so much about calories, be more concerned with eating what's on the P1 sheet and staying within those guidelines. I too track what I eat with myfitnesspal and end up between 700 and 900 each day. Good luck, keep it up!

Hi all! Still crazy at work but it's all good - change is good, makes for busy days though.

My WI yesterday was good - down 2.6lbs - yay! My clinic is switching over/supplementing IP with the Pro Energy Diet products. They seem pretty similar though. My coach is still going to try to order some IP products - like the unrestricted chips - for as long as she can. Apparently, IP won't like it very much when they find out they are carrying other products.

Just wanted to stop in and say "hi" and see how everyone is.

Have a great IP day!
Jo
Old 03-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 5'4

Good Morning!! Does anyone have any suggestions for the vitamins we are supposed to use? I've been on the program for a month now and need more vitamins. Do I have to order them from my coach? They seem so expensive.....anyone know of alternative vitamins that work just as good? Thanks!!!
Old 03-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Wow, I haven't been on here since last Friday and it feels like forever! Mardi Gras was madness. I have a house on the parade route so from Friday-Yesterday it was always busy. I stayed on plan. I always had a plate of fresh veggies out to munch on. People were jealous of my 'warm brownie' and even asked for a bite. I was like..you have king cake and this is the only sweet I get..back off!! Jambalaya, King Cake, and Cheese awaited those who wanted it. I had no desire to. The King Cake smelled good but I knew it would just give me a tummy ache and puffy cheeks! It's now starting to hit me that i'm a 'skinny person'. I don't stand out in pictures any more, I can borrow a friends jacket to run somewhere! How odd to me.

I've missed reading everyone's daily motivation and seeing the support to newbies. Glad the Mardi Gras madness is over and everyone is discussing their healthy 'lenten penance'. A lot of people around here give up sweets, alcohol, etc. Thankful I don't have to worry about that. I'm thinking I'll add to something to my life. Make time everyday for my daily devotional. I've been slacking lately.

Hope yall have a great day!
Old 03-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #13  

Quote:

Welcome! You absolutely should start posting and asking questions!
IP is a plan where we don't track calories or any nutrients.
We just follow the plan. You're paying a lot of money to do IP so no need to track, beyond writing down what you eat.

If you were to track, you'd find you're usually eating somewhere between 750-1000 calories/day, with 1000 being on the high end.

It takes time to get used to the program but I'm going to suggest that you look at the many recipe threads to help you keep it interesting. The more it is "diet like" ie. eating plain chicken breast & dry broccoli, the less easy the plan is to stick to. There are lots of ways to "yum" it up and stay 100% on plan!

One more thing: use a cooking spray for your actual cooking and actually ADD the oil right to your food (for example, as a salad dressing). Much of oil used for cooking remains in the pan and we really do need to ingest some fat. I worry less about that on days when I eat red meat and more about it on days when I have white meat chicken or non-fatty fish.

You'll find a lot of help here. And you're right. Anything not on the sheet means you're cheating yourself.

ETA: (LOL: I just read Ruth Ann's response, which I didn't see before I responded. Were we chanelling each other??)

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-05-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #14  
maintaining since 9/2013

Default Great coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Good Coaches
Let's share

My coach is well-informed about IP protocol and stays current with changes and new products. He's experienced and knows what to do for the issues that invariably arise on IP. He's a genuinely nice person. There is not a judgmental cell in his body, so when I slipped or needed to reboot, I did not dread of facing him. He lost wt on IP and adds some of his own experience and struggles.

His packets are sold 'out of box' so you can choose in whatever quantity you like, even though it means extra work for him with inventory. His initiation fee was 285 incl. first week of food, there is no weekly fee, for life.

He does not delegate any aspect of IP to office staff. He is available for questions in between WIs and wonderfully flexible re scheduling.

Last edited by mars735; 03-05-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #15  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Wednesday all.

Ruth Ann, good luck on your weigh in today. It's funny how I remember that today is your weigh in day - probably because it is the same day as mine!!!

I have been posting a lot lately, work is absolutely crazy and I don't have much time during the day to check the forum, and by the time I get home, I'm exhaused and all I can do is make dinner and veg out.
Closed Thread