Old 03-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #1  

Default A Coach Rant, Thank You, and

Hello and Happy Tuesday everyone. Two parts here. The first is a rant.

Have not been getting coaching or weighed since I started maintenance last December (2012) but do go in occasionally to buy food. The coach, chiropractor, is NEVER there, the receptionists (who are always different) are now the coaches, and they are total idiots.

So I go in yesterday to buy some chips and a box of restricted bars. As I am checking out, the girl says all the bars are phase 2...we don't do restricteds for phase 1. I say I have been maintaining, do use their so called phase 2 products in my reboots, and that they have not negatively impacted my weight loss. Then, as I am paying she says so how long are you doing a reboot? I say until I loose 5 more lbs and then I mention that I am looking forward to getting back to phase 3. She looks at me and says, oh you have to do two weeks in phase 2 before moving to phase 3 so that your body can process the carbs and fats again so you don't gain it all back. Ummmm hello, when I have phased off in the past, I went from phase 1 to phase 3 without the doc's permission. Oh ya, and how can I gain weight. Isn't it a matter of science...you have to eat 3500 calories for a 1lb gain? OMG...I about lost it! First thing, they completely make up their own rules...no restricteds allowed on phase 1 PERIOD (when I initially did IP before finding TFC, I was dying half the time), they sell you their own supplements and not IP, they are behind the times with using phase 2, and they sell proti-thin products (a box of 7 bars was 20.50). I am soooooooooooooooooooooo done.....sooooooooooo done! This place is a bunch of jerks!

Moving on...really this post is about saying thank you to everyone on here for their support, information, and willingness to share their journeys with me. Having that experience yesterday, I decided that I am moving in the right direction by switching to alternatives and ordering online and staying the **** away from places that are stuck in the dark ages and have created their own version.

You all are awesome. Thank you for everything!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

PLEASE PLEASE contact IP corporate and lodge a complaint on behalf of many IPers who are not on3FatChicks and do not know a good coach from a bad one.

I think it is really important that all of us who recognize places that are grossly negligent in delivering IP but say they are IP coaches report to corporate. We see it time and time again but now we should also take ACTION!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
PLEASE PLEASE contact IP corporate and lodge a complaint on behalf of many IPers who are not on3FatChicks and do not know a good coach from a bad one.

I think it is really important that all of us who recognize places that are grossly negligent in delivering IP but say they are IP coaches report to corporate. We see it time and time again but now we should also take ACTION!
^ +1 times a million. Please do file a complaint.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #4  

anyone here ever contacted IP headquarters before?
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #5  

I have not but I've seen others in the past who have.
From the reports, IP is VERY concerned when things don't go the way they should be going with a coach.

The only way they can know things are "off" is if someone contacts them.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-04-2014 at 07:47 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I echo everyone above.

IP can't get rid of bad "coaches" if they don't know they exist.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
anyone here ever contacted IP headquarters before?
I have contacted corporate through their website about wanting access to more information so I would be correct when I advised IP users participating in my SparkPeople Team that had coaches that seemed to be doing their own thing. They would not give me access to their info but said if folks were having problems with getting misinformation I should direct them to corporate so they could "educate" the offending coaches.

So I agree, let corporate know about the bar use misinformation and selling their own supplements and bars. If corporate doesn't know, they can't do anything about it. Whether they actually do follow-up is unknown to me.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #8  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:

Have not been getting coaching or weighed since I started maintenance last December (2012) but do go in occasionally to buy food. The coach, chiropractor, is NEVER there, the receptionists (who are always different) are now the coaches, and they are total idiots.

So I go in yesterday to buy some chips and a box of restricted bars. As I am checking out, the girl says all the bars are phase 2...we don't do restricteds for phase 1. I say I have been maintaining, do use their so called phase 2 products in my reboots, and that they have not negatively impacted my weight loss. Then, as I am paying she says so how long are you doing a reboot? I say until I loose 5 more lbs and then I mention that I am looking forward to getting back to phase 3. She looks at me and says, oh you have to do two weeks in phase 2 before moving to phase 3 so that your body can process the carbs and fats again so you don't gain it all back. Ummmm hello, when I have phased off in the past, I went from phase 1 to phase 3 without the doc's permission. Oh ya, and how can I gain weight. Isn't it a matter of science...you have to eat 3500 calories for a 1lb gain? OMG...I about lost it! First thing, they completely make up their own rules...no restricteds allowed on phase 1 PERIOD (when I initially did IP before finding TFC, I was dying half the time), they sell you their own supplements and not IP, they are behind the times with using phase 2, and they sell proti-thin products (a box of 7 bars was 20.50). I am soooooooooooooooooooooo done.....sooooooooooo done! This place is a bunch of jerks!

Moving on...really this post is about saying thank you to everyone on here for their support, information, and willingness to share their journeys with me. Having that experience yesterday, I decided that I am moving in the right direction by switching to alternatives and ordering online and staying the **** away from places that are stuck in the dark ages and have created their own version.

Keep us posted!
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/157.5/135

Height: 5'

Quote:

Glad you are dumping that place! Maybe your IP chiropractor is related to my (former) IP chiropractor because he was one crappy coach. Crappy coach = see ya!!
nacygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #10  

eandc2006
And please contact IP to inform them of this clinic's practices. It is the only way they have of knowing something is wrong. You would be doing a great service to other folks who don't know about 3FC
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote