Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-04-2014, 06:55 AM   #2  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Morning Everyone. I've just caught up on the chats from yesterday - pulled a 14 hour work day due to busy season and looks like another one today. This is where a sad face should go but I'm too tired to figure out how to do that!

I'm lucky that I live only 5 mins drive from work so I dashed home at about 7pm and made a stir-fry before heading back to work. In the past, I would have gone through a drive through or ordered take out and although it takes a little bit longer, it's actually great to get that break from the office and know that I stayed 100% OP.

Hope everyone has a great IP day!
Old 03-04-2014, 06:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Rosie: That's great, proud of you! Habits that will take you far in maintenance!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #4  

Rosie
That's great!
Did you make extra? I've learned to "cook ahead" just like I plan ahead. Then there is always something to grab if necessary Plus making a big batches keeps me out of the kitchen as often. Healthy eating sure does keep you in the kitchen!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #5  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Rosie
Healthy eating sure does keep you in the kitchen!
Yes! I have tried but found no shortcut to preparing my own food. The best I can do is to have a default routine that doesn't require much thinking in order to shop & prepare.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Lisa gave some directions about her chicken soup and I have found that to be invaluable. I can make huge batches of it and keep it in the fridge so that when in a hurry, I grab a Tupperware container and I am good to go - have protein and veggies right there. It has been a lifesaver for me. Thanks, Lisa!

Home today with sick husband - he caught what I have had for the past two weeks but I can assure you I did not WHINE like he does when sick. Oh, give me patience!
Oops - forgot, I am still working on learning how to have that!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:02 AM   #7  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Default Slip Up

I was 18 days and 13.6 lbs in and last week when I went on a snowboarding trip to Colorado. I had every intention of staying OP and even stopped at Costco on my way to get chicken and broccoli to make my own meals at the cabin. Well, after the first day of snowboarding I made the conscious decision to go off plan because I did not have the energy to keep up with my family on the mountain. I'm sure it wasn't all IP, but also the altitude, travel, not much sleep, etc. Although I did feel much better the next day after eating a bit of carbs that night. I told myself that I would try to stay low carb but that soon went by the wayside as well. So today I am back at it, up 4.6 lbs after 5 days off plan. Hopefully I can lose a bit of that before my WI on Saturday.

So my question is, has anyone survived a few days off plan? How did it effect your weight loss? I am back OP today and hoping that this one week doesn't throw me off too much.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:06 AM   #8  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Morning all! Happy Mardi Gras! Hanging out today with my love at his cigar store. The crowds tend to be quite thick, so I'm here to be eyes and ears in case of shoplifters.

Brought all my drinks and bars, with me. There's a veggie restaurant down the way that I'll grab a salad from for lunch. Love this place. The chef is a friend and pretty much let's me have run of his kitchen when I'm around.

Stay warm!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
I was 18 days and 13.6 lbs in and last week when I went on a snowboarding trip to Colorado. I had every intention of staying OP and even stopped at Costco on my way to get chicken and broccoli to make my own meals at the cabin. Well, after the first day of snowboarding I made the conscious decision to go off plan because I did not have the energy to keep up with my family on the mountain. I'm sure it wasn't all IP, but also the altitude, travel, not much sleep, etc. Although I did feel much better the next day after eating a bit of carbs that night. I told myself that I would try to stay low carb but that soon went by the wayside as well. So today I am back at it, up 4.6 lbs after 5 days off plan. Hopefully I can lose a bit of that before my WI on Saturday.

So my question is, has anyone survived a few days off plan? How did it effect your weight loss? I am back OP today and hoping that this one week doesn't throw me off too much.
gnalosit - From my experience with IP, you are dealing with two issues when you go "by the wayside". One of them is the physical weight gain - it will come off. Stick to the water and the program. You may go back to some of the symptoms of starting the program again as you get back into ketosis but you know you have been through it and it will fade.

The much harder aspect of this for me has been to get mentally back on the program 100%. I went off 100% IP ostensibly because our military son was visiting and we made lots of road trips together, spontaneous, hard to plan.

I did gain back some of the weight but the real challenge was that I lost focus, I lost motivation, I lost my drive. One day of little 'slips' lead to another day and every morning I kept promising I would go back to being 100% OP. Just like the old days when every morning was the one where I was going to start another diet.

That went on for nearly 2 months. My son was here for 2 weeks but I was out of it for much longer. Everyone loses differently and I am not preaching for or against what each person should do.

But you asked "So my question is, has anyone survived a few days off plan? How did it effect your weight loss?" I am giving you my personal experience that for me, it was the beginning of a long slide.

You have already done whatever you have done and let it go. We are all human and this can be a powerful learning experience for you.

So now I would suggest being as absolutely strict with IP as you can be, read this board, check out recipes. Be as active on this program as you can be and use the support of those on this site to get back 100% mentally and physically. Just my opinion and advice as to what I have experienced.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 268/227/200

Default Ideal to go

can i use ideal to go products on the ideal protein diet? looking for more variety, thanks.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Anyone have advice on how to kick the daily weighing? I have weighed myself every single day since I re started. In the last few days I've "gained"and"lost" the same 3 lbs every.single.day. It is driving me crazy. Tomorrow is weigh in and it's stressing me out. It's become almost a compulsion but usually I am able to be rational about it; not now. Ugh.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Anyone have advice on how to kick the daily weighing? I have weighed myself every single day since I re started. In the last few days I've "gained"and"lost" the same 3 lbs every.single.day. It is driving me crazy. Tomorrow is weigh in and it's stressing me out. It's become almost a compulsion but usually I am able to be rational about it; not now. Ugh.
Move the scale out of the bathroom. Put it in the basement or attic where you won't be tempted to hop on.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Put the scale away in a place that is hard to get to.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePosie101 View Post
I'm lucky that I live only 5 mins drive from work so I dashed home at about 7pm and made a stir-fry before heading back to work. In the past, I would have gone through a drive through or ordered take out and although it takes a little bit longer, it's actually great to get that break from the office and know that I stayed 100% OP.
Great job Rosie. I stopped at the grocery store on my way to work and grabbed a box of lettuce so I can have it for lunch. I feel like I am constantly going into grocery stores, buying veggies. LOL I had enough for a few days, but then my parents stopped by yesterday, made some dinner and a big salad for everyone, and all my veggies were gone.

I could not buy veggies for dinner as it is too cold and leaving them in the car for the entire day while I am at work would not be good. I will stop by after work to pick up some kale, mushrooms and will cook my kale and zucchini and mushroom stew so I have it for a few days. I get so bored having raw vegetables too often.

I was wondering if anybody has ever felt really cold from drinking too much water? Last night I was freezing, went to bed early, with a long sleeve shirt, and then woke up with a "fuzzy" head this morning. I could not concentrate and was completely slow motion. I barely drove in to work, my eyes kept on closing, and even had a 10 minutes power nap in my car after arriving at the office. Now that I have drank my coffee I do feel a little better (I never have coffee prior to coming to the office, so I know that is not the case). My coach also warned me about drinking too much water, said I should not have more than 3 l, but I usually have 4+.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #15  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

But you asked "So my question is, has anyone survived a few days off plan? How did it effect your weight loss?" I am giving you my personal experience that for me, it was the beginning of a long slide.

You have already done whatever you have done and let it go. We are all human and this can be a powerful learning experience for you.

So now I would suggest being as absolutely strict with IP as you can be, read this board, check out recipes. Be as active on this program as you can be and use the support of those on this site to get back 100% mentally and physically. Just my opinion and advice as to what I have experienced.
Thanks schenectady! I can see how a few days could easily turn into a few weeks. In fact, I was going to start back OP yesterday as I travelled home but decided to wait until today. I am back on track now and hope to stay that way. Hearing your story definitely helps me to realize that I need to refocus and recommit right now. Thanks again!
Closed Thread