Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 12:05 PM   #1  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Default New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 2

Hello all.

I had a horrible weekend. I said I would start the new thread on Mondays, so here it is.

My 2 year old had a bad accident and we ended up going to the emergency room. He was dancing around and fell mouth first into the wooden coffee table. Ended up breaking off half of one tooth and jammed the other one back. He's swollen and really sore. I need to get him to the dentist this morning as soon as they open.

All that happened early Saturday, so I binged on my eating. I'm not happy to admit it, but hey, if I can't admit it, how can I overcome it? I am up 2.5 pounds this morning, as I ate anything I could get my hands on.

Started out back on track this morning after the weigh in. My goal this week, again, is to not have chocolate. I did pretty well with it this last week, but gave into the Oreo cookies this weekend. I'm going to also really watch my stress eating and remember to knit my scarves in place of feeding my mouth.

Dan: Great job on the 7 pounds down. That is excellent news and I am so happy for you. Keep up the great work and watch for those pitfalls, like I am needing to do also. Sounds like all in all you had a great weekend.

Okay, back to work and waiting to call the dentist!

Chach
Old 01-12-2004, 08:28 PM   #2  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hey Chachee and Dan

Is your little guy ok? How did it go at the dentist? I really feel for him.

Well I am not down or up any for the week. I will have to work hard at exercise now that I basically sit all day.

Dan how did you do over the weekend?

Must run, but will check back later.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:30 PM   #3  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Lucky,

He is fine, just looks like a hockey player. The dentist said he would probably cap or fill the broken tooth. The other one is most likely going to die and he will end up pulling it if it doesn't fall out. Scared me to death when it all happened.

I was knitting like crazy last night to keep myself from boredom eating. I will be glad when my hubby is home so I don't have so much down time. I enjoy just sitting watching tv and eating. I need to change that habit.

Dan, how are you?

See you all later.

Chach
Old 01-14-2004, 07:53 AM   #4  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning

Good to hear that he is ok, although looks like he has been fighting at the tender age of 2.

Well my coat is green if you need to knit another scarf. At least you are trying to keep your hands busy so that you can't eat.

I am still trying to get use to my new work schedule. It is a little different. Now it is a fight with the kids to get onto the computer as I now have to go to bed earlier.

I am liking the new job ok, but I find that with sitting all day, it makes me a little tired. Next week I hope to be able to fit a quick workout in before I go to work, or even when I get home.

What day does hubby get home? Then is he home for a little while, or is he off again?

Well I will check back later,

Hi Dan how are you doing?

Have a great day all.
Kathy
Old 01-14-2004, 08:17 PM   #5  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi All!

I am changing my weigh in days to Fridays now. It just works better for me. I am probably not going to show a loss this week, as it's only a four day week, but before it's always worked real well for me on Fridays.

Lucky: Another green person. My friend in Georgia, who I men on the Taebo Message Boards, loves green. I'll have to see what I can do. Glad you are liking the new job. I hate when you have to adjust your hours. When I came back on day shift from nights it was kinda hard to adjust. My son is doing well, thanks for asking. He has to chew his food in the back of his mouth, as his teeth are still real sore. He's been allowing me to rub Anbesol on his gums, and I think that is really helping. Poor little guy.

I think with next week's post, which I think I will start on Friday, I will move us to the Support Group category. What do you think? I know they don't like everyone to use the Buddy Up section except when they are new. I think we can move into the Support Group and still get some other insight? Let me know what you think, but if that's good, then I'll do it on Friday after the a.m. weigh in.

Hope all is well with you, Dan.

Chach
Old 01-15-2004, 05:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Hi Chach and Lucky

Sorry for not posting sooner. I forgot to look for a new thread and just found you.

Chach: Ouch re the dentist! My mother tells me that I did the same thing, except I was about 10 mos. old. Lost both of the 2 front teeth. She kept that table for years, and it had the marks where I hit it. I can relate re the Oreo's.

Lucky: Good idea re fitting in the workouts before or after work. One of my main problems was when I started my "desk job" 17 yrs ago.

I've been maintaining this week. I had not been meeting my goals re limiting carbs to fruits and veggies, and I have not been running. I got through the weekend very well, and I did pretty well when I had to go out of town myself on Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday evening, when I got home, I should have been okay, but that is when I blew it. Ate two huge cookies from a bunch that my mother in law had brought for the kids and snuck a bunch of the chocolates that my father in law had brought. I hadn't been snacking during the day, and I arrived hungry, but there was over an hour until dinner was ready. I guess it was a little stressful seeing Linda for the first time in almost a week, too.

Somehow, yesterday morning, my weight was still the same. Sometimes you pay for it, other times you get away with it, I guess. Other than that one time, I have been good for the most part.

I still need to get the running program in gear. I've been using the cold as an excuse. They issued a "wind chill warning", which is very rare for around here.

I'll look for you on the Support Group board on Friday.

Be well,

Dan
Old 01-15-2004, 11:55 AM   #7  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

Hi Dan. I hear you on the cookies. What is it about those things that just break down our willpower? If that and the few chocolates is all you did, then that wasn't too bad. Plus, you didn't gain any so it wasn't horrible, right? I am finding when I restrict myself too much I tend to want to binge on the things I can't have. I'll have to do some soul searching on that issue.

I'll be sure to get the new post up on the Support Boards tomorrow. I think we will all do great and may pick up a few new people there.

I did alright last night. Had a few Oreo's, but didn't binge on them. I think my goal for next week is going to concentrate on my water intake. It's been not so good this week and I need to address it.

Talk to you all later.

Chach
Old 01-16-2004, 11:58 AM   #8  
Muffin Evergreen Diva

I'm going over to set up the new post right now. Look for it under Support Groups. The new name will be New Year, New Goals, New Me Week 3

Chach
Closed Thread