Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #1  
I'm on an Adventure!

S/C/G: 230.4/222.4/140

Default Foodie Struggles

Hi,
My name is Christina. I love food. I love to cook and I love to bake. I have that "you can't tell me what I can and can't eat" mentality. I have a love hate relationship with food...more love than hate really. Trying to drop a few pounds for my health and my June wedding.
ChicaCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

I love it just as well but know that I'm older I don't live to eat any longer (which I did in my teens). I just love to eat, it feels like a celebration! On the other hand, when I eat what I want and how much I want I don't like the way I look and feel. I get pretty disgusted. Now that I'm dieting I find it exciting to know that every day I'm getting smaller and smaller and it's sure worth it!
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:49 AM   #3  

Cooking is really very nice work. I also like to make the food.
devenprkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #4  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I love food and cooking too. This might sound strange, but being a lover of food and of cooking puts you in a much better position to lose weight than someone whose taste is very limited and who does not cook.

Think about it - as a food lover you probably already appreciate a wide variety of textures and flavors. You know different preparation techniques and ways to build flavor that don't necessarily really on adding sugar and fat. You're not going to be one of the people who struggles because they hate all vegetables or only know how to boil pasta and melt cheese on top of it.

I prepare very low calorie, delicious meals for myself with lots of roasted vegetables, fish rubbed with spices and pan-seared in a very small amount of fat, vegetables sautéed in a small amount of oil just long enough to brighten their color and intensify their flavor. I use tons of middle eastern and Indian spices. I make flavorful dal and flavorful braises and get to enjoy big, tasty, low calorie meals.

Use your skill at cooking and your enjoyment of eating to make your process more pleasurable and easier. It does not have to be a barrier!
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #5  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm a foodie as well. I love trying new things, whether its something I prepare or something that comes pre-packaged. I'm especially keen on international foods and candies. I have an undying love of Japanese candies.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm a foodie yes I am. I cook a lot and take on quite complicated dishes. I work on my technique and knife skills. I don't do much baking but I dabble at making savoury pies like meat or spinach pies. I'm particularly talented at making soups, braises and pasta dishes. My roasted potatoes could win a prize. People love my roasted dishes although I believe there is room for improvement. I cook mostly mediterranean flavors but i like to dabble in british and french cuisine occasionally. I'm very good at composing salads. I hope to take a course in plating skills one day.

I've never understood people who don't like vegetables. First of all, there are so many to choose from, it's probably a psychological idea not to like any of them. There's a few that I don't care for like artichokes and turnips but even those I will make and eat sometimes just for variety.

I agree with carter, I find it so much easier to make tasty food at home rather than relying on frozen dinners, take out, and although I enjoy eating out I feel confident that at home I'm using fresh ingredients and good olive oil - eating out pretty much guarantees that you're ingesting loads of vegetable and canola oils.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
I love food and cooking too. This might sound strange, but being a lover of food and of cooking puts you in a much better position to lose weight than someone whose taste is very limited and who does not cook.

Think about it - as a food lover you probably already appreciate a wide variety of textures and flavors. You know different preparation techniques and ways to build flavor that don't necessarily really on adding sugar and fat. You're not going to be one of the people who struggles because they hate all vegetables or only know how to boil pasta and melt cheese on top of it.

I prepare very low calorie, delicious meals for myself with lots of roasted vegetables, fish rubbed with spices and pan-seared in a very small amount of fat, vegetables sautéed in a small amount of oil just long enough to brighten their color and intensify their flavor. I use tons of middle eastern and Indian spices. I make flavorful dal and flavorful braises and get to enjoy big, tasty, low calorie meals.

Use your skill at cooking and your enjoyment of eating to make your process more pleasurable and easier. It does not have to be a barrier!
I agree! If you have the skills, you're way ahead of the game. I cook and I cook well. Because of it, I'm able to create pretty much any flavor that I want in a healthy way.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #8  
I'm on an Adventure!

S/C/G: 230.4/222.4/140

Thank you all for the feedback. I appreciate it very much Wish you all the success in the world.
ChicaCoy is offline   Reply With Quote