Old 01-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #1  

Cool Zirconium Petites - Body 'Twin' Thread

'Cause 'Forty Shorties' just sounded weird.

This is a thread to provide help/support/accountability, aiming at:

In their 20's (ish)
≤5'4"(shorter) (ish)
Have ~40lbs to lose (eg. 165/125, 180/135, etc.) ( ISH)

Obviously, everyone is welcome though.

So join in, introduce yourself, add your 'stats' if you're so inclined. Tell us about what's working for you right now, or anything else you want to share.

Have fun!

Last edited by Defining; 02-01-2014 at 09:04 PM.
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker!

Height: 5'4''

Woo! I was wondering what that other thread was going to amount to lol. Looks like we're all in the same boat! I'll start the stats/intro:

My name's Casie, 26, married with two fur babies. One's my old lady fat cat, and the other is a rambunctious 1 yr old male cat who loves to piss off my old lady lol.

Right now I'm working on re-introducing healthy carbs into my diet such as starchy veggies and whole grains. I haven't had fruit in ten days (part of my cut the sugar/empty carbs cravings method) and today I ate a banana...it was so incredibly sweet! I couldn't believe it! I almost couldn't eat the whole thing. I even had some natural peanut butter on it to help with digestion and to avoid my blood sugar from spiking, but geez! I got to the end and realized how much sugar had a play in my life. It's unbelievable!
cdavidowsky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #3  

Awesome!!

So my name is Chrissy, 21 years old and losing weight that I regained this year. Started the year at 130 after loosing 60pounds in 2012 for the first time ever.

Spent the first 6 months in the 130's (and LOVED IT!!!!) then after a few emotional/relational traumas and because I never really learned how to deal I slowly gained it it back the last 6 months. Now 35 pounds later I'm sick of this and ready to do what needs to be done to get my body back. I'm sooo excited be a part of this thread/group...we are all on the same boat so we can really help encourage one another!!

A little about myself...currently taking 5 college classes (wayyyy too crazy much lol) and heading for a degree in business/marketing. If I had my dream job it'd probably be to open my own health food/ tea shop. I LOVE being outside, going on adventures, and just seriously living life! The love of my life is my horse Max who I've had for 5 years and my pup Lucy.
RideRunRepeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #4  

Awesomeness, good to see there are people still interested

I'm 24, 5'2", and trying to lose weight for the first time. I've always been overweight, just kinda figured it was about time to do something about it.

I already eat mostly(ish) whole foods, cook meals myself and love veggies/protein stuff. So I'm probably going to focus on limiting treats/snacks to a more reasonable amount (I am a sugar/treat fiend) and actually doing something physical. I know what I'm supposed to be doing, just still working on the whole 'plan into action' side of things.

Looking forward to having a place to 'chat' as well!
Old 01-31-2014, 06:59 AM   #5  

Oh I also wanted to put out there my fitness pal user name...JUST signed up and I think that would also be an awesome way to stay connected!

My username is RideRunRepeat (lol) if you guys want to add me!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:14 PM   #6  
Pottymouth

S/C/G: 182.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hopefully you guys don't mind if I jump in. I don't have 40 lbs to lose (I'm down to about the last 20) but I started where a lot of you are or higher. I'm 29, 5'2", and 139 lbs today because I have been stress eating lol. And I am having to fight so much harder for these pounds to come off I have just been counting calories with the Lose It App but think I may have to start trying to cut down on the carbs and see how that goes. It's tricky because I'm a vegetarian, have been for 16 years and I love me some carbs! Not as many noncarby protein options for us (I hate eggs and I refuse to give up my daily chobani no way)

I have been married for the last 6 years and have a crazy dog. I am almost done with my masters to be a nurse practitioner (good god I can't wait till August) I have been in school forever! I work full time doing 3 12 hour midnight shifts a week in addition to school which requires about 20 hours a week (during the day ugh HATE switching back and forth between a day and night schedule) of me doing clinicals. I currently see pts in an OB/GYN office and an urgent care for those hours this semester. Then I still have class 3 hours a week and all the reading, studying, papers etc that go along with it. So basically I have no life. It's like working a full time job, a part-time job, and having class, oh yeah and continuously flip flopping between being awake at night and being awake during the day. Awesome. And so ends the "woe is me" rant.

And I really want to lose weight before we start trying for kids (time is a ticking since my hubby is 40). I was hoping to be in the 120s before we tried and I wanted to start ASAP (would be awesome because my insurance at my current job is good and would cover lots of the cost. I wanted to try to time it right before I leave that job at the end of the year when I find a job as a NP).

So I need to super refocus my efforts, buckle down, and get these last 15 lbs off ASAP...

Looking forward to hearing all about your successes!
TraumaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:24 PM   #7  

Hi TraumaNurse; of COURSE you can join in!

It sounds as though you have a crazy life right now, I'm so impressed with what you've managed so far! I'm sure we'd all appreciate any tips you might think of to share, as well.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Hi everyone

I am 25, 5'2", and 167 lbs. I want to get down to 125 by my wedding in August. I started at a high weight of 183 so I am already down 16 lbs and I already feel so much better.

I am counting calories (staying between 1400-1700 each day) and I am exercising 6 days a week. 3 days of c25k and 3 days of new rules of weight lifting.

I teach Kindergarten, so most days when I get home I don't have a lot of energy left. I have gone 3.5 weeks without missing a workout so I hope I can keep that streak going.
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #9  

Rated congrats on the wedding! I hope you have a lifetime of joy!

I've been stress eating like crazy the past few days, but I'm still trying to stay in my healthy diet of foods. My cravings have been awful lately though. I'm starting to plateau on my weight loss for the moment too because I haven't been working out in the past few days. Also, I came down with a cold I picked up from the gym. Not a good combo.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #10  

cdavidowsky - I understand the stress eating. That is actually how I gained so much weight, stress eating through University. I find now when I get stressed having a water bottle handy helps. I just continually take sips which keeps my hands and mouth busy.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #11  

Rated - I started doing that today! I ended up avoiding extra snacking twice today because I drank water instead. I was so proud of myself!

What is everyone's goal for February? My dream goal is to lose another 10 lbs, but I'd be happy with at least 6 or 7.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #12  

that's an excellent tip!! While studying for exams my biggest hinderance was snacking on almonds...almonds are healthy right? Well turns out I started consuming about 3-4 ounces of almonds a day (all throughout the day) that dished out almost 900 calories!!! So I started drinking water the last three days and I'm already down a bit *just* by changing that one thing!

cdavidowsky37 - drinking freshly squeezed lemon with warm water always helps me when I have the munchies...it really helps suppress my appetite for a couple hours!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:42 PM   #13  

*prod* anyone still alive?
Old 02-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #14  

Still alive here I am out of town at a conference so I am just doing my best to eat healthy. I don't have a scale so I'm not sure how I am doing so far. I am going to a new hotel with a gym attached so I am hoping to be able to workout Tuesday onwards.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/163/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys!
Hope it's okay for me to join as well I am 21 y/o, 5'4 and currently about 165 lbs. Hoping to get down to 125 by the end of this year (hopefully close to that number when summer starts)!
I'm trying to eat low carb again, because it's worked pretty well for me in the past. Only problem being that I got really demotivated as soon as I hit a plateau, so yeah.. plateaus suck
anyone else trying low carb?
dreamer2207 is offline   Reply With Quote