Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 03-03-2014, 04:31 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat March 3 - March 9

I'm up early to tend to our 5-8" of snow - that didn't happen here. Don't know who got it, but I wish them well. I'm done with winter.

My challenge for the week is to figure out how to get in a wider range of exercise. Seems that my head conveniently carries the notion of such things as being able to do two sets of 10 full push-ups. Well, I could do that - only a few years ago. Since I stopped doing them, my body forgot how.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Bill We got some of that snow yesterday and will probably get the rest in several bouts during the week. I too am tired of this. It's minus 30 this morning (with the wind chill) and I have 2 extra walks today.

I am doing a difficult dog/cat sit this week, starting today until next Monday, so the challenge will be to get through it without alcohol or too many treats. My birthday is Thursday but I have 2 extra walks on that day so I will consider it a success if I get through the day without injury. No celebration of any kind and I expect my dinner will be fast food - too tired to do anything else after 7 dogwalks.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:52 AM   #3  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. I am working from home today since we were supposed to have some kind of nasty massive storm, but it didn't really materialize. Oh well, I already had my laptop home.

Michele, congrats on your employee of the year award!

Bargoo, you can get out of jury duty if you are physically incapable.

Babies have been nap disasters lately. Ever since A figured out how to sit up on her own, after 40 minutes of napping exactly she will start to stir and immediately sit up in her crib, then cry because she doesn't actually want to be up. We put her back down and she just sits up again, over and over, until either we give up or she finally goes back to sleep. Meanwhile C is out like a light the whole time, then their schedules get all screwed up. Yesterday they only got 1.5 hours of naps the entire day and they need more like 3 hours, so they were super fussy.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #5  
Chuggin' along...

Morning all,

The winter fog is back here. I had fooled myself into thinking it was gone. My challenge to myself for the next two weeks is to get my yoga in. I will have to miss my favorite Wednesday class for the next 2 Wednesdays, since I will be out of town for day meetings both day. I don't like the M/Th class as much, but I think it will benefit me and need to go at least once. I missed last week already bc I was also out of town for work. I know I will get in some good dog wogs but need to prioritize the yoga, too.

I'm also soooo happy it's Florida strawberry season. Strawberries on salads, strawberries on oatmeal, strawberries for dessert. Yummy.

Oh, crud. Got a phone call and have to run. Be back shortly for personals.

Last edited by Megan1982; 03-03-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Morning all!

I took today off from work because it's my wedding anniversary. We have been married 9 years today, but we actually went on our first date 25 years ago this month!

Hard to believe! No real plans - it is FREEZING cold here although it is sunny. But since we haven't had a thaw, everything is bogged down in a THICK blanket of frozen snow.

Hope the impending storm has totally fizzled out!!

Have a great week everyone!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Happy anniversary, Jen.

Happy birthday, Michele!!

Happy early birthday, Dagmar.

I heard all you midwesterners and easterners were supposed to get part three of the polar vortex. Strange that it didn't materialize. Our weather was supposed to be VERY rainy Thursday through Saturday but we got maybe half an inch on Friday. I heard that there were places that got several inches and that's good as the state really needs it.

We had a great weekend. The Rhythm, Wine and Brews Experience was so much fun. We may have to do it again next year (and hope that it won't be so cold). We ended up leaving during the second performer because we were so cold. Sunday my MIL and I took the dogs on a long walk and it was hot and humid. It looked as if it could rain a lot but we got nothing from those clouds.

Last night we watched the Oscars. We had made our "votes" and compared ours to what really won. DH predicted the most winners but I predicted the best movie correct.

Last edited by alinnell; 03-03-2014 at 09:22 AM.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Happy Anniversary Jen! Were you and dh together all those years you weren't married? Hope you have a great day off! I'm taking tomorrow off and I can't wait!

Allison-- I watched the Oscars even though I haven't seen the movies. I loved Lupita (is that her name?)'s reaction. Wow. She seems so genuine. Now I've got some movies to add to my Netflix queue.

My birthday today will be quiet (I think). Nothing out of the ordinary planned. Tomorrow I will indulge a bit. My weight is up 1.5 pounds from yesterday due to my sampling at the bridal shower yesterday. When I guessed at the calories I still came in on plan but I was only guessing and I'm sure there was a lot of sodium involved. I'm hoping today on plan will get some of that off so I don't feel too guilty indulging tomorrow.

Dh hinted that something surprising may happen today for my birthday (he's in China), so I'm wondering if he sent something....

Hello to everyone else! Hope your day and week are wonderful.

Hang in there Dagmar!! Happy early birthday too....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #9  

Two years ago I lost 35 pounds. Last year I gained 20 of it back. January of 2014: lost 6 pounds (yeah!) February 20-14: gained 5 back (boo hoo!) Time to focus and ask for support for March!

Warming trend this week in Denver means bicycling up Mt Carbon with Karen every day! Good luck to the rest of you with the ice storms. We got some of that a couple days ago and experienced a 100+ car fatal pileup on our major highway through town.

Happy anniversary, happy birthday, congrats, condolences and more to all my friends here! Chris
ChrisMohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy View Post
Good morning. I am working from home today since we were supposed to have some kind of nasty massive storm, but it didn't really materialize. Oh well, I already had my laptop home.

Michele, congrats on your employee of the year award!

Bargoo, you can get out of jury duty if you are physically incapable.
Oh, I know it is the people who don't have a valid reason that irritate me.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #11  
Workin' It

Happy anniversary, Jen.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Happy Anniversary, Jen.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #13  
Chuggin' along...

Happy Birthday Michele!

Happy Anniversary to you and DH Jen!

Chris, I agree, spring with its better weather seems like a good time to refocus on health and being more active. New Years with its cold and dreary weather doesn't make sense to me. I'm glad you've had some nice bike rides. Not glad about the pile-up. Wow.

Jessica, I hope the girls get more sleep today. From your stories it sounds like they are making progress but as soon as they get over one thing, there's something new every few days that causes them to fuss. I don't think you've mentioned their reflux lately, has that been better?

Bill, I hope you don't have to deal with any more snow. (I know, this may be a futile hope, but I do hope that for you.)

Since this morning Lowe's delivery service has become #1 over Home Depot in my book. I ordered my new dryer online yesterday. Delivered at 12:30 PM today, and when they called to tell me they were on their way, they were really on their way! I'm glad they could come today bc I would probably have had to reschedule for next week otherwise. We barely fall within both the Lowe's & HD delivery radius here (our few local places deliver, but can't touch Lowe's or HD's prices - and I like to shop local but can't afford an extra $500 for appliances), but HD only send a truck over 1x per week and you get the standard "anytime between 12-5" line with them. Does it mean you're a real adult when being able to do laundry conveniently in your own home is this exciting?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #14  
Workin' It

Happy birthday, Michele!

Megan - Lowe's delivery service is far superior to THD. This is because each Lowe's runs their own driver on staff and delivers out of the store. THD runs their delivery through a central scheduling hub, where a handful of drivers cover a large area.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Megan-- Home Depot is half a mile away from us. The nearest Lowe's is at least 15 miles away but dh will most often go there. It is far superior with customer service and product selection IMHO.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote