Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I couldn't sleep-- the suspense was killing me!! Now I'm exhausted!!

I was recognized as the Classified Employee of the Year at my school! We have Certificated employees (teachers) and Classified (everyone else). It was cool but embarrassing! I am invited to a district board meeting to be recognized! They gave me what was written about me and it is really awesome. Would look great on a resume!!

I think I worried some more weight off. My weight was LOW this morning. We'll see if it stays there. I find it funny that I've lost 8 pounds in a little over a month calorie counting but the only places I see a difference are my arms and the girls (they're gone again). Tummy's still there.... No one has said anything about a weight loss so it must not be too noticeable. I'm going to try on my skinny jeans this weekend and see if they fit now!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #47  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Honking Congratulations, Michelle - That's much better than being made principal.
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #48  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Great news, Michele. Many congratulations!

(So glad you don't have to be Principal.)
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #49  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Good on ya, Michele!
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:55 PM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations Michele!!!! And go skinny jeans!!

I'm with you would never want to be principal! I'm at a Catholic school and there are so many great parents who totally support the teachers. But the few that don't .... awful. Like Bill said everything is the teacher or principal's fault. I worry for those kids when they go to college. Although in the night class I teach at a college one student told me her mom wanted to talk to me regarding the research paper she didn't turn in and got a zero on. I asked her if she was over 18, knowing she Is way over that and told her this was illegal due to privacy rules. Other students heard this conversation and when she left the room to use her phone all started talking about it. I didn't say anything, but got them back on track but was glad they thought it was ridiculous too because I was afraid she was calling her mom to come confront me!

Dagmar, hope you are feeling better. I stayed home sick today which I never do but I am just exhausted from a crazy week. A lot of my students were on a field trip today so I didn't feel too bad missing. I slept till 9:30 which is four hours later than my usual 4:30 and feel fine now.

I am down two pounds this first week of maintenance. What the heck! I did give blood yesterday but I've never lost from that before. I'm going to add more calories in. It's weird how after seven months of losing at 1200-1500 I start increasing and then I drop. But no complaints! Very thankful to be where I am right now. Also I am probably down because I've had such a busy week.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:08 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Michele! (And thanks on the lesson of Certified vs Certificated. I always wondered what the difference was!)

My aunt started out as a teacher, went on to become principal and ended up head of her school district. That's got to be a tough job!

I remember when DD started college and the administrators telling us parents not to be helicopters and that we have absolutely NO right to know what is going on with our kids because they were now 18 and adults (granted she was really only 17 but she's always been more mature than her age). When DS went off to college I had to really impress upon him that it was now HIS responsibility to pay rent and tuition (but he could ask me for money if he needed it). So far he's done very well in school. He did miss one assignment (had it all done, set it aside to proof read later, and totally forgot about it). When he realized his mistake, he went to the instructor, told her the problem and she agreed to take it for a one-grade deduction over what it would have earned him (better than a zero!). I'm glad he stood up for himself!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:41 PM   #52  
Workin' It

Yay Michele!

to everyone.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #53  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Shannon! I've been thinking about you.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Shannon! I've been thinking about you.
Me too! Hi Shannon

Michele

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations, Michele !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Michele you ROCK!!!!!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

My big news........I got a jury summons. I don't mind serving and have done so several times, but I am not up to it physically . What irks me are the people who just don't want to be bothered.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #58  
Chuggin' along...

Michele, that's awesome! Congrats on your award! It is well deserved.

I ran the 5K yesterday and have been running enough since New Years that it actually felt ok. I didn't have to stop or walk (#1 goal) and I broke 30 minutes (#2 goal). It's a lot easier running without a dog pulling at me, but I think I'll take Emma next year anyway. BF said he'd hold her while I register next year, which was my concern and why I didn't take her. The cookoff all day raised a lot of money for our fire department and it was a beautiful day! I drank a few beers with a friend for his birthday and was at home asleep by about 9. Today I'm at the computer doing school work and eating a big mixed green, avocado, strawberry, and chicken salad (to balance out the beer yesterday ). I'm hoping to finish before the sun sets and get the dog out for our exercise. I also finally found a dryer on a good sale and it's finally ordered. My dryer has been broken for 2 months and BF has started to make cracks about our porch looking like a prarie house with all the laundry laid out to dry. Now I really hope that when they want to deliver someone can actually be here.

Allison, sounds like DS is doing just fine managing his life skills. You must have taught him well. I do wish there was some class in late HS/early college that was required and included things like how to pay bills, what a 401k is and why you need one, taxes 101, insurance, etc. I've figured them out slowly but so many times have wondered why someone never explained this to me. We have a lot of mid 20's to early 30's people in my office and one of our favorite things to say is "being an adult is hard".
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

We had the most amazing fun at Rhythm, Wine and Brews yesterday. DD, DH and soon to be SIL went for the brews, while MIL and FIL and our friends sampled wine. We found our way to the VIP tent where they had fruit, cheeses and meats and crackers to munch on so the wine didn't affect us too quickly. DD said she "bonded" with DH! As if they hadn't bonded in her 23 years! The tasting went from 2 to 6 and then at 6 the main music started (there were small bands playing all day on the small stage). Buddy Guy was amazing and hilarious. I'm not a huge Aaron Neville fan and his 2 hour set was too much for us and we ended up leaving early (so we didn't get to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy which was sad). We met new people and have invited them to our monthly wine women dinner at the end of the month. A fun day with only one sprinkling of rain! We were home and in bed by a respectable 10 PM.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #60  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm feeling good today, weight-wise. Changed up my routine and I'm seeing some slight weight drops again, after maintaining (alternately intentionally and unintentionally) for months. I'm at that weight where 3 or 4 lbs (even of water weight) makes a HUGE difference in how I feel, and it's great to be back on the happier end of that spectrum. I'm really starting to feel very close to true goal.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote