Old 03-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #1  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Default It's Time…..

Hi there everybody - haven't been on here in a long while. Nice to see some familiar "faces" and some new ones. I started IP in May 2013 and lost 55 lbs in 5 months. Then, I veered off a bit (followed the principles, but wasn't super strict) due to extensive business travel & entertainment and the holidays. I managed to gain only 1/2 lb. I started up again at the New Year and lost another 7 lbs in January plus the half I gained in November & December. But I haven't lost anything since. Some days, I'm down 0.2, next day I'm back up. Just bouncing around the same old number on the scale all February long. And, yes, I'm 100% OP, drinking all of my water, etc.

I'm 5 lbs away from my goal, but I honestly had hoped to go an extra 10 for good measure. I'm in a size 6/8, mostly small tops, but a few mediums. All this after starting in a 16/18, XL. I don't know my exact measurements (wasn't measured the last 2 visits due to scheduling at my clinic), but suffice it to say, I've lost A LOT OF INCHES!!! I say all this because while I haven't yet hit my goal weight, and I still do have a little extra flab in my belly, I think it's time for me to start phasing off. When I asked my coach when I should stop, she told me I would just know. I've been really thinking about it a lot lately and obsessing about it for the last couple of days, reading up on Phases 2 & 3. Phase 2 seems pretty straightforward, but Phase 3 is a little overwhelming.

So, I think…… It's time…...

I went to the grocery store today and started reading food labels. Really reading them. Trying to pre-select my Phase 3 choices. I am going to talk to my coach next week and hopefully start the next step. One of the reasons I think I was successful on IP was they took all the guesswork out of it. I like rules. I like the black and white nature of it all. Phase 3 still has rules, but I have to do a lot more homework!!!!

Just really stopping by to share. Stalling at this point is a little disappointing, but I know how far I've come and I know I don't want to go back there. I'm actually comfortable with my size, it's the damn number on the scale. Why are we so programmed to focus on a number on the scale versus our other healthy body measurements and test results????

I wish Phases 2, 3 & 4 had a magic pill that would change my brain and how I think about my weight!

I plan to read through pages and pages to see what I've missed. But, if anyone has any tips for phasing off, I would certainly welcome any and all advice!!!

Last edited by hangdog; 03-01-2014 at 03:17 PM.
hangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:25 PM   #2  

Did you phase off before when you stopped?
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #3  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

I did not. In retrospect, maybe I should have, but I was really trying to follow as closely as I could. I would have many days where I was 100% OP, but other days where I fudged it a bit. Never any all out cheat days. I've been back 100% OP since the first week of January.

This time I plan to actually phase off.

Last edited by hangdog; 03-01-2014 at 05:35 PM.
hangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #4  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

IMO it sounds like you're ready to phase off. I did so 5 pounds away from my goal and by the time I'd gone through 2 weeks of phase 2 and 2 weeks of phase 3 I was at my goal. Just stick with the phases and away you go!
WillowVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowVee View Post
IMO it sounds like you're ready to phase off. I did so 5 pounds away from my goal and by the time I'd gone through 2 weeks of phase 2 and 2 weeks of phase 3 I was at my goal. Just stick with the phases and away you go!
Willow, how long ago did you reach goal?

I'm going into Phase 2 today after determining 120 would be too much for me.

Last edited by SlimmerBySummer; 03-01-2014 at 06:39 PM.
SlimmerBySummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #6  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimmerBySummer View Post
Willow, how long ago did you reach goal?

I'm going into Phase 2 today after determining 120 would be too much for me.
I finished all phases on Dec. 19, 2013 and have been maintaining since.

Good for you! Phase 2 seems like a huge step, and then it's really not.
WillowVee is offline   Reply With Quote