Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #1  
Losing Weight for Mickey!

S/C/G: Starting Weight-235; Goal-160

Height: 5'4"

Default Feeling BLAH!!

Hi everyone - this is my first post on here and I'm seeking some much-needed support.

I started a 1300 calorie diet Monday and have added low-impact aerobics (its killer on my knees right now - hoping to bump up the intensity gradually). I started a lemon-blueberry water metabolism boost/detox yesterday, and I've cut out ALL sodas and sugary foods.

I. Feel. Awful.

I've followed other diets before (mostly the diabetic diet) and I just don't recall feeling this tired so quickly after starting a weight loss regimen. I wonder if I'm not taking in enough calories during the day? My current weight is 235. Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated!
Missouri_Mom_of3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:33 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Welcome, MMO3!!! It sounds like you have a great plan in place but if you are exercising I'd bump up the calories a little bit... Remember, as we lose, we gradually reduce calories so you're already low... Perhaps 1500-1700.

What kind of exercises are you doing? Be careful not to injure yourself or your knees any further.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #3  
Losing Weight for Mickey!

S/C/G: Starting Weight-235; Goal-160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Welcome, MMO3!!! It sounds like you have a great plan in place but if you are exercising I'd bump up the calories a little bit... Remember, as we lose, we gradually reduce calories so you're already low... Perhaps 1500-1700.

What kind of exercises are you doing? Be careful not to injure yourself or your knees any further.

I've been doing the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs - doing the 1/2 mile right now. That's as far as I can get without my knees bothering me. They throw in a lot of squatting in the routine and it absolutely kills my knees.

I'll definitely bump up to 1500 or 1700 - either way it's still way less than what I consumed before! Thank you!
Missouri_Mom_of3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like you're starting way too much at once, IMHO. At 235lb, 1300 calories sounds way low, especially if you've just started exercising, too. Maybe try 1600 or 1800 instead. And cutting out the sugar is great, but you can expect to feel pretty dead until your body gets used to it.

For me personally, I have much better success if I start one thing at a time. Start counting calories (probably around ~1800/day, I'd guess) this week, add in the exercise program next week, then start phasing out the sugar. Drop your calories lower once the weight-loss stalls. I think you'll feel better and have more sustainable progress if you don't just jump into it full-throttle.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:56 PM   #5  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

^^^^ what she said....that's exactly what i would say

especially about the affects of abruptly cutting out sugars.... when you say you cut all sodas/sugars, does that mean you went from a huge usage to none? or from a little usage to none? it can have a huge affect on your energy...when i went "cold turkey" once like that, i remember being in the store parking lot feeling dizzy, nauseous and could barely move my legs to walk...weirdest thing ever....since then, i try to wean downwards in overall carbs...aim for 150 carbs/day for a bit, then 120, then 100 etc until you are at a comfortable level
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote