South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-27-2014, 03:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/288/ 200

Height: 5'11

Default just starting new to board

Hey,
Hope its ok to be a fat dude on this forum lol. I did soutbeach back in 2004(while in college) and lost 50lbs. I remained at my goal weight for 5 yrs, until i had a bad injury that put me in a position where i couldn't walk for 1yr. That combined with an office sedentary job and flatout just giving up have landed me where i currently am.
Enough of that. I'm here to change today and tomorrow. No more looking back. I'm in my 3rd day of SB and I've dropped 4.5 lbs already. I don't really like weighing often but i couldn't help it and weighed today. I'm gonna weigh again on tuesday (my 7th day). So far so good, but i know its early. I've been fairly good, i had slight missteps yesterday with eating nuts. I had a portion of almonds and a portion of peanut butter. I don't have many questions. I know the road blocks I usually encounter and they are 2. First, i usually "celebrate" my mini goals in a way that kills my diet. It's an awful behavior. 2nd I usually quit after not seeing immediate results. I'm determined to counteract these 2 behaviors.
When I had my initial success with SB, I was known for my discipline. I need to get that back. My ultimate goal is 80lbs lost. Not sure what else to say. Thanks everyone.
graciesdad09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #2  

Welcome back to South Beach and to our forum.

Congrats on the weight loss. I would check in often to get advice & ideas.

As to the roadblocks it's good you're aware of them now the key is to strategize before they come up. I assume when you say you celebrate your mini-goals you mean with food/ drink. It's very easy for a lot of people to think of food as celebratory and as a reward. Is their something else you enjoy that would be a reward to you once you hit goal that doesn't involve food?

Also the scale isn't always our friend and with weight loss we all go thru periods where we see immediate loss then it lulls. Thats when it helps to focus on how the lost weight makes us feel, you will undoubtedly have more energy and other positive health benefits. Another thing the scale can't reflect is how we're losing from other areas of our bodies so I would take some measurements now it can be encouraging to see a couple inches off your waist on the tape measure when the scale isn't moving.

Sue
pearlygirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #3  

Thanks for the kind words Sue. I plan on checking in here often. Yes, with alot of things in life when i do well i often celebrate and "divide" my sucess, rather than "multiply" my successes. This is what i'll work on, and it applies to other things in my life. I'm going to look at a "reward" that doesn't involve food or booze. Maybe some workout clothes? maybe a new work outfit...Thanks for your insight
Old 02-27-2014, 05:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, Graciedad09!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Yup, I always had some ridiculous reward for reaching goal, like a giant hot fudge sundae. I finally realized that was a tad counterproductive. Now I reward myself with things like Wii fitness games and earrings.

Stopping by these boards every day really helps me stay honest. Hope we will see you around here.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ooooh, nuts are my downfall too! Keep those cashews away!

Welcome to the beach!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Welcome.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:53 AM   #8  
172pds now

S/C/G: 170 PDS. 180/170/130

Height: 5 foot and 3 inches

Default DIETING sOUTH bEACH DIET

i FOUND THE BOOK THE SOUTH bEACH dIET(2003) AT A GARAGE SALE.
i LOST 10 LBS------------------------
i LOVE THIS WAY TO lose weight

PS i AM FROM oREGON BUT LIVING IN az NOW......
sasyblond401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #9  

Thanks everyone. Ugh, i'm not happy for the weekend to be here. Thats also a tough challenge. Any tips? I plan on doing a ton of house projects to keep me busy. But Weekends are so tough for me. Thanks for all of the support.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #10  

Keeping busy is good if you tend to eat out of boredom

I don't know how you feel about cooking or if the WA weather will permit using the BBQ at all but the weekend is a good time to do food prep. You could grill some chicken breast or beef tenderloin for the week ahead. Or if the weather isn't suitable make a casserole for later in the week or quiche to have before work. The weekend is a great time to get yourself on track for the rest of the week.
pearlygirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #11  

i dont necessarily eat out of boredom. But weekends bring on events and people want to go out etc. I'll just use the will power and focus on the pounds already lost. 7 since tuesday. Anyway, I plan on grillin. We grill even in the cold in WA. Thanks all.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:50 AM   #12  
Macros!!

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'0"

Welcome!

Weekends are definitely hard for me as well. I do have a beer or two on the weekends, but once Monday hits, it's back on track.

You're doing great; keep it up!

Last edited by ArmyAng; 03-01-2014 at 08:52 AM.
ArmyAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

Weekends are difficult. I like to have SBD friendly snacks ready to eat when the munchies hit, also when I am going out with friends I make sure I have a bite to eat before I leave the house so that I am less tempted to eat while out... Sugar free gum definately helps as well.

Welcome back to the beach.
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #14  

ok. Update on the weekend. Here are the highlights.
Saturday-
egg for breakfast-fried with nonfat OO spray-coffee with 2 tbsp of SF creamer
celery and PB 1tbsp for mid morning snack
Homemade chili-SB p1 approved
iced americano-SF flavor and NF 1/2 and 1/2
roasted almonds for snack-15
dinner-
roasted chicken with roasted cauliflower and asparugus
SF popsicles for dessert
Sunday-
2 eggs and coffee with 2 tbsp of SF creamer
iced americano-SF flavor and NF 1/2 and 1/2
lunch-bean bowl-chicken lettuce tomato and refried beans(cook assured me that no manteca or lard was used in making the beans
dinner-
carne asada on the bbq grill
**cheat-I had 1 chicken wing with mango habanero sauce.
**i drank a ton of water over the weekend im talking 80-100 ounces each day. I gained a lb over the weekend. Saturday morning i was down 9lbs and this morning i was back to 8 lbs.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Save for the one little cheat sounds like you did great this weekend, great job!
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote