Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #421  

Hi, I'm new to IP. I've been on it for three weeks and I'm slowly transitioning to alternatives. I've been trying to read all the threads. I'm still not clear about carbs vs net carbs. I'm trying to find a good replacement bar. I found some bars ie. Quest which have high carb and high fibre, thus the net carb is about 5 or 6g. Am I supposed to just look at net carbs?
Old 02-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

I was browing through the Nashua site as I'm looking to transitionning to alternates as well.. however, was wondering about the delivery costs.

Anyone from Ottawa/ON/QC region in Canada ordered from there? May not be a good alternative if I'm only going to be saving a few bucks because shipping is too high...

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #423  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

My husband and I follow IP using 100% Alternatives, below is our thoughts on everything thus far:

Proti-Thin Snack - BBQ Soy Snacks - Unrestricted - I liked them. Nice BBQ flavor, good tecture.

Proti-Diet Peanut Surprise Bar - Restricted - I liked it but, do not feel as full as with other power bars with slightly higher protein. Good snack if it's hard to get in all your food in a day IMO.

Proti-Thin Crispy Protein Bar - Carmel Delight - Restricted - I liked it, was closer to a candy bar then the other protein bars, enjoyable

Weightloss Systems Soup - Chicken and Creamy Vegetable - Unrestricted - I REALLY enjoyed this, it's the closest I have come to feeling like I was eatting really food...out of a packet. It's lower in protein (12 grams) but, it still satisfying. Highly recommend!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #424  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Hawkeye,
I just bumpted the alternatives produts thread for you, it has all the guidelines to use when chosing alternative products and recomendations for alternative products.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye2 View Post
Hi, I'm new to IP. I've been on it for three weeks and I'm slowly transitioning to alternatives. I've been trying to read all the threads. I'm still not clear about carbs vs net carbs. I'm trying to find a good replacement bar. I found some bars ie. Quest which have high carb and high fibre, thus the net carb is about 5 or 6g. Am I supposed to just look at net carbs?
Yes net carbs = total carbs - fiber. You want to aim for less than 8g net carbs for a product to be unrestricted. Don't forget calories and fat as well.

More reviews...
-Protei-diet pancake mix: Good, texture is a little spongy. Ate with WF pancake syrup which is delicious and tastes normal to me.
-Protei-thin broc n cheese soup: Very good, not overwhelmingly cheesy, I added extra broccoli to bulk it up
-Protei-thin white cheddar crisps: Eh. I'll finish the box but don't know if I'll reorder. I was hoping for more of a SmartFood taste but the aftertaste is chalky like protein powder. Good for a crunch in a salad.
-Protei-diet vanilla pudding: I only had it once and didn't refrigerate it after mixing so texture was a little runny. Not a pronounced vanilla flavor. Will probably try the chocolate next time.
-Health Smart mint hot chocolate: Awesome. Thick and creamy, tastes like cheating.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Nashua Nutrition FYI...

I just posted details in the Alternative Products That Work on Phase 1 thread about the Nashua Nutrition Lifetime Membership (and discount)... Worth checking out if you plan to order from them.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #427  

I'm going to ask that this thread be closed so we only have one Alternative Thread going to reduce confusion
Old 02-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #428  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Done!
Closed Thread