General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-27-2014, 12:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 105kg/103kg/60kg

Height: 1.60m

Default If you could live in one city...

I love my Sydney, but San Francisco has a special place in my heart.

Where would you live if location was not an obstacle?
JamieToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Though I love my home, I would absolutely live in Singapore. I lived there for a year, and have been longing to go back. The people are lovely, it's beautifully organized and clean, transport is quick, convenient and comfortable, it's super easy to travel to places like Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia, the economy is great. I could list the awesomeness of Singapore for weeks.

Apart from the fact that it's a really small country and owning a car is expensive, there is literally no other negative I can think of.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:00 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

That is pretty difficult to answer. I think I really love where I live now (just outside of Washington DC).

I loved Crete when I visited though and thought Chania would be a cool place to live. I'm not sure the realities of living on an island would work for me though but I'd be willing to try.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 384/344/239

Height: 6'8"

I love Vancouver, BC; San Francisco, and Seattle. However, I'd really love to move to Austin, TX. I lived in Nashville, TN for 11 years before moving to North Carolina a couple of years ago. I really loved Nashville.

I live close to Asheville, NC now. It is a unique small city. It has a nice mix of "Rednecks", Earthy Crunchy Types, New Age, Vegans, Progressives, Christians, Wiccans, Buddhists and lots of other type. The hiking and outdoor activities are excellent. It has been voted the "Hippest" city in the U.S. and the beer capital of the U.S. There are a lot of farmer's markets and organic farming in the area, most of the cafe and restuarants support the farm to table to concept and the food they serve is grown locally.
BigGuyNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I loved Crete when I visited though and thought Chania would be a cool place to live. I'm not sure the realities of living on an island would work for me though but I'd be willing to try.
Was born and raised there myself

I never wanted to visit London, ever. I hated english accents and the monarchy and fish n chips etc. But hubby convinced me to stop off in London on our way to Paris for a few days. I resisted but he really wanted to go so we went. A funny thing happened though. Within just a few hours of being in London I got a sense that I was meant to live there. I can't explain it, it's never happened to me before and never since then. But I feel in my heart of hearts that I'm meant to live in London one day. It's funny how someone can fall in love with a city in a matter of moments isn't it?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #6  

Wow, I dont know...I visited San Francisco, and absolutely loved it. We also drove home from West to East and I also felt the same amazing feeling in Cheyenne and Salt Lake City. I think it was just amazing to see so much open space. Also I'm so used to thinking of NYC & Philly when I think "city", it was amazing to see a city like San Francisco be so open and beautiful. I really loved it out west, but I do have to live some place that is near the water, like 30 minutes tops. I cannot be land locked...We visited Monteray CA too, loved it there...I guess a city out west, but on the coast...I'll pick Monterey
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

San Diego, I went there every year growing up and was madly, intensely in love with it.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I've never lived outside of Alaska....born and raised here...the last time I traveled outside of Alaska was when I was four years old and we went to Michigan...I like being in Juneau except it's difficult to travel because there's no roads out...I think my favorite place to live in Alaska would be Fairbanks even though temps dip to -30 in the winter or colder....If we ever had reason to leave Juneau, I think I'd head to Fairbanks

I want to travel though....although not live anywhere else...It's on my list to make it to the Czech Republic which is where my ancestors are from
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #9  
Warrior Princess

Hawaii.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:14 AM   #10  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

I've lived in Virginia my whole life and don't have many places to compare it to since my family doesn't travel much. I've visited West Virginia and really loved it but I don't think I could see myself living there. Also visited Florida a few times and Colorado once.

I took an online quiz to see which city would suit my hobbies/personality best and got Portland, Oregon. Haha. Would love to check that out sometime.

Last edited by LilDazed; 02-28-2014 at 08:15 AM.
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #11  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Oh. Here's the quiz if anyone's curious!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ashleyperez/...tually-live-in
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Malibu/Pacific Palisades area I grew up in Southern California in the desert and although I've done a decent amount of traveling and have really liked other places I have ZERO tolerance to cold and really can't do anything below 50 without feeling like I'm dying I love all the hiking and beaches in in that area. Its really pretty. Also its a little outside the city which I like but close enough if you want to go its not a huge trek.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:20 PM   #13  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I got Portland also...but what it says about me doesn't actually fit me...

You are a free spirit, but not in the LA way, in the “you’re probably more cultured than most of your friends” way. You’re up-to-date on all the latest coffee brewing techniques (I know nothing about coffee brewing techniques), have a long list of local blogs you love to read (I don't read any blogs, period, I have no time), and can taste the organic goodness in every bite you eat (don't really shop organic either). Move to Portland already, you sexy smarty pants (okay I agree with this part lol).
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Anywhere in England!
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:09 PM   #15  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Washington, DC! That city rules.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote