Old 02-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/164/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Lethargic/heavy feeling?

Hello all!

This is my 14th day on IP (switched to alternatives for my second week) and I am down 8.8lbs! This is great but the only thing is that I feel lethargic. My legs feel very heavy when going up the stairs and I can just about do my housework. I am not tiered but like I said my body feels heavy and achy. Is this normal for 14 days in? I've felt like this for about 3 days now and have otherwise felt pretty energetic up to this point. People on this forum talk about doing mild exercises and I couldn't even imagine, I think I would faint. Anyway, thanks for your comments...
PS I am supposed to have my WI tomorrow and I am not too sure how to tell my coach that I have decided to switch to alternatives. I had two major unexpected expenses last week and sort of had no choice to make the switch. Should I even go to my WI?
jasmine354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181.5/170/140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi Jasmine,
I experienced the same problem when I was doing phase 1 this summer. I felt like a zombie the whole time and just couldn't wait for that boost of energy everyone is always talking about. I don't wish to discourage you, but since your stats are pretty similar to mine, so I thought I'd opine. I stayed OP from the last week of April and phased off the last week of July, zombiefied the whole time, but true to the process. I figured it was a temporary thing and the weight loss was so rewarding, so I stayed the course.

That being said, I did a reboot in January and had trouble sitting still for very long. The only difference between the way I ate during my reboot was that I had more restricteds during the course of the week. Have you tried any of those yet? Only one a day of course, but I think the extra carbs really helped boost my energy.

Definitely mention it to your coach though. Mine weren't very helpful (they never were on most topics), but you may have one of the good ones.

Good luck!
Snarfler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

I felt terrible for the first 3 weeks. For me, it did get better. Drinking tons of water helped. Hope it gets better!
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #4  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Yes, hang in there! I ran the gamut...energy, no energy...it was a come and go thing. After about the second month I started to roll with it.
WillowVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

I can relate. I have always had that sensation while on IP. My coach suggested I use extra salt and drink more eater. It is not completely gone. I just live with it and realize it is temporary. Good luck!
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I did IP in 2011 and I never ( 5 months) got the surge of energy that many have. Many others said they didn't get the surge, as soon as I went to Phase 3, I felt much better.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #7  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Height: 5'6

Yep, I would agree. I don't have a lot of energy and I'm on Week 8 but I think part of this is that things are crazy at work so I'm working long hours. I can push on through it though when I see the scale moving and the inches disappearing. Hang in there!
RosiePosie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine354 View Post
Hello all!

This is my 14th day on IP (switched to alternatives for my second week) and I am down 8.8lbs! This is great but the only thing is that I feel lethargic. My legs feel very heavy when going up the stairs and I can just about do my housework. I am not tiered but like I said my body feels heavy and achy. Is this normal for 14 days in? I've felt like this for about 3 days now and have otherwise felt pretty energetic up to this point. People on this forum talk about doing mild exercises and I couldn't even imagine, I think I would faint. Anyway, thanks for your comments...
PS I am supposed to have my WI tomorrow and I am not too sure how to tell my coach that I have decided to switch to alternatives. I had two major unexpected expenses last week and sort of had no choice to make the switch. Should I even go to my WI?
Can you post a couple sample. Menus for the day... Are you eating/drinking EVERYTHING on the P1 sheet, getting salt, oil, water AND supplements as required? What meat choices are you making?

And what is your daily activity level. You mentioned cleaning house which depending on how long you clean, what you are doing, intensity level, etc. could qualify as light exercise already and may mean you need an extra packet.

I agree the restricted carbs may help, and you may want to split protein for lunch and dinner.

Give us a little more info and perhaps someone might see something that could help.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #9  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I did IP in 2011 and I never ( 5 months) got the surge of energy that many have. Many others said they didn't get the surge, as soon as I went to Phase 3, I felt much better.
I did I P last year for about 4 months and never had energy. I phased off early because of it. Then I gained back the 30 I lost and another 20. I am giving it another try because it does work, but for me I have to determine how long I want to feel this run down.
getnlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:01 AM   #10  

I did UP for two months in 2012 until I reached goal.never really felt great or had much energy. Have done some reboots since and only this time have I found myself feeling good. Three weeks in today and this has been the best round for feeling good. Hang in there...it's worth it and you are doing awesome
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/164/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Can you post a couple sample. Menus for the day... Are you eating/drinking EVERYTHING on the P1 sheet, getting salt, oil, water AND supplements as required? What meat choices are you making?

And what is your daily activity level. You mentioned cleaning house which depending on how long you clean, what you are doing, intensity level, etc. could qualify as light exercise already and may mean you need an extra packet.

I agree the restricted carbs may help, and you may want to split protein for lunch and dinner.

Give us a little more info and perhaps someone might see something that could help.
Hi Laurie
Yesterday I ate as follows
B: 1 egg white omelette
S: Pure protein shake
L: IP Choc Pudding
S: 2 cups broccoli
D: 6oz Chicken salad (2 cups = red cabbage, cauliflower, green pepper, spinach + 2 cups lettuce)
S: pure protein shake

I pretty much stick to the same menu, just alternate my meat depending on what I am feeding the rest of my family (fish, pork loin, lean ground beef etc...) Oh and I usually do have a restricted in the evening, i just had a shake yesterday because i felt stuffed.

I do make sure i drink all my water and cook with my olive oils and salt and as per housework I ended up doing laundry all day yesterday.

I should explain, I am off work this week with my kids (2 and 4) and normally I would clean the entire house in one day plus clean up after them, but I just about feel like doing 1 house chore and I feel so bad because I don't really have the energy to play with them as I should

Thanks to everyone's comments I don't feel alone in how i am feeling and I know its only temporary and hopefully by summer I will be full of energy and ready to enjoy my new me at the beach with my kiddies. They are the reason I am doing this, because I don't want my children to miss out on fun activities because of me being to self conscious to take them!

Good news is that I am down another pound this morning! I know this is going to work!
jasmine354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine354 View Post
Hi Laurie
Yesterday I ate as follows
B: 1 egg white omelette
S: Pure protein shake
L: IP Choc Pudding
S: 2 cups broccoli
D: 6oz Chicken salad (2 cups = red cabbage, cauliflower, green pepper, spinach + 2 cups lettuce)
S: pure protein shake

I pretty much stick to the same menu, just alternate my meat depending on what I am feeding the rest of my family (fish, pork loin, lean ground beef etc...) Oh and I usually do have a restricted in the evening, i just had a shake yesterday because i felt stuffed.

I do make sure i drink all my water and cook with my olive oils and salt and as per housework I ended up doing laundry all day yesterday.

I should explain, I am off work this week with my kids (2 and 4) and normally I would clean the entire house in one day plus clean up after them, but I just about feel like doing 1 house chore and I feel so bad because I don't really have the energy to play with them as I should

Thanks to everyone's comments I don't feel alone in how i am feeling and I know its only temporary and hopefully by summer I will be full of energy and ready to enjoy my new me at the beach with my kiddies. They are the reason I am doing this, because I don't want my children to miss out on fun activities because of me being to self conscious to take them!

Good news is that I am down another pound this morning! I know this is going to work!
FYI if you are using egg whites to replace an IP packet, it is one whole egg and two whites to equal a packet.

Otherwise your menu looks good. Try adding olive oil directly to food. Cooking with it leaves most in the pan.

Also up your meat to the full 8 oz or add 2 oz to lunch - that might help (or a hard boiled egg). If you do spend a good part of the day on chores, try an extra packet - maybe a fruit drink (meeting IP alt nutrition standards of course).

Keep in mind that being so close to goal could also mean slower weekly losses. Stay strong - you should still be at goal soon!!

Last edited by JLUS; 02-26-2014 at 08:53 AM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote