Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-24-2014, 11:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Default Where do you girls buy cute clothes?!

I went shopping today to find a long sleeve knee length dress, like this
http://us.asos.com/ASOS-ASOS-Gathere...porgp=L1Byb2Qv

(the black one-I'm short so it would probably be closer to my knees for me
)
pretty simple style, nothing fancy, wanted to wear it with a statement necklace, but I went to 16 different stores and found nothing!!!

I actually came across a few bodycon type dressses, not flattering when you have a belly so those didn't work, but ughhh so frustrating!! I can finally wear some sizes in women's sections yet everything is so ugly when I try it on!! or they just look like they are not made properly. I feel like I had better luck when I was fatter, any advice on where I could find a dress like this?

I went to Ross, tjmaxx, marshalls, macys, nordstoms, jcp, sears, forever21, charlotte russe, express, gap, banana, + so many other little places, and nothing!! So annoyed.

Sorry for my mini rant. I'm sure my mom was annoyed to have to listen to me complain the entire way home, but why when I finally have something fun to go can I not find anything to wear?!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'3"

Have you tried Anthropologie? Top Shop?
SlimmerBySummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:18 AM   #3  

I don't have either close enough to go =( but thank you!!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Why don't you just buy the one in the link? You can send it back if it doesn't look right, I've had decent luck with buying things online. Also if it's too long you should have it tailored, the dress is cheap enough to

I find Etsy to be great for accessories. I also find my girlfriend's jewelry stashes very convenient, and free! Can you borrow something?

I love a store called Free People. It's pricy but has great clothes. It seems you have exhausted all the stores I would have suggested. It takes time to find the right thing. Sometimes I also find that shopping alone is very unproductive for me because I tend to be quite negative and unsure of fit/style etc. I really need someone to give me accurate feedback because our own reflection can be so skewed in our minds. So go again, this time with your fanciest fashionista friend.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I shop online, but I've had a lot of luck over the past two years with - believe it or not - JCPenney's dresses. They are seriously stepping their game up!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I mostly shop at Kohl's, usually in the clearance sections. They have a lot of similar styles to what you're looking for. Oh, also I do shop around the mall like DEB, Rue 21, etc. but it depends on what I'm looking for though.

I always look at the clearance section since I'm still losing. I prefer to get dresses since they are easier to take in than pants and last longer that way.

I'm with Wannabeskinny- why not order that dress offline? It seems to be on sale for less than 20 bucks but shipping, I don't know though.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #7  

I found a really nice, plain black dress at Old Navy of all places. It was $15 on sale. I was shocked as I usually find their clothes very casual and this one can be dressed up or casual.

Macy's can be good too, esp.with a coupon from their website.

I'm so much harsher on myself now that I can wear smaller clothes. I feel like nothing looks perfect ever. When I was morbidly obese, I never questioned things as much. It was what it was.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #8  

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I would order it but I need it by Friday, so it wouldn't get here in time. I'm going to check a different mall tomorrow. The mall closest to my house has awful selections, but I didn't check clearance racks, so maybe I should go back and check there. All the sales associates told me it's a style that's a little out of season (more fall/winter) so maybe I can find it in the clearance section?

Wannabeskinny- you're so right about being negative!! I kept focusing on all the bumps/lumps when I tried stuff on and my mom snapped at me and told me I'm never going to find anything with that attitude, oy. I'm just impatient and I also started looking so last minute

thanks for all replies, much appreciated!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post

Wannabeskinny- you're so right about being negative!! I kept focusing on all the bumps/lumps when I tried stuff on and my mom snapped at me and told me I'm never going to find anything with that attitude, oy. I'm just impatient and I also started looking so last minute

thanks for all replies, much appreciated!
Don't get me started on emotional meltdowns in the dressing room I've been there and back and should write a book about it hehe. I have a stylish fashionista friend I take with me sometimes and it's wonderful to have her with me. Though there is a curious thing that happens when I try on a jacket (like a suit jacket). I burst out in tears every time. For whatever reason I feel like I look like a lesbian. It's ridiculous, I know! But inevitably I am overtaken with that emotion when I try on a jacket. Needless to say I ain't buyin one soon.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:02 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Don't get me started on emotional meltdowns in the dressing room I've been there and back and should write a book about it hehe. I have a stylish fashionista friend I take with me sometimes and it's wonderful to have her with me. Though there is a curious thing that happens when I try on a jacket (like a suit jacket). I burst out in tears every time. For whatever reason I feel like I look like a lesbian. It's ridiculous, I know! But inevitably I am overtaken with that emotion when I try on a jacket. Needless to say I ain't buyin one soon.
I think I need to find a stylist fashionista friend!! I have one friend who dresses up very nicely but her style is so different from what I would wear, lots of horizontal strips and big block color patterns which I don't think I could pull off well, but look so amazing on her!

Awww!! Completely feel you on the jackets, something about pant suits does the same thing to me, I have broad shoulders so they boxy-ness of a suit enhances that and it just looks so not feminine lol. I have to make sure I take off shoulder pads or find petite sizes.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

White House, Black market? I saw a couple on there that looked similar.
I know some people love Zara. Do you have one nearby?
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote