Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 131/128/120

Height: 5'3

Talking Daily progress blog.

Hi all!

Im new, im nicole! Im 25years old and 5'3. Have been in the whole cycle of punds lost and then came back with a revenge many times since i was 10, Lol but NOT this time.

I did well last year i went down from 160 to currently 131. I have been maintaining my weigth for the last 3 months!! I have never been able to maintain so im proud of myself! :-)

I guess i have been lazy and got into the routine of having whaetver i want with moderation and going back to restricting foods/cal doesnt sound too appetizing LOL it triggers that i want to binge!! Grrrr so this week i tried to cut down on cal and so far i have been eating 1550 i wish i was eating 1300-1400 tho!!

My goal is to go down to 120 and lose this size 10 forever!! Hopefully in 8 weeks i should reach goal.

Who wants to join in!!! Please feel welcome ladies cause we can keep each other motivated and have some accountability!

Rules:
Once a week weigth in (mondays or whaetver day works for you)

I will go first on my next post! See ya on the other side thiner!!! :-)
Nikolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #2  

So as i mentioned i have tried to eat better since monday! But i will just start today to log everything:

Current weigth as feb 10 2014- 131lbs

Food today:
B- 1/2cup oatmeal+ half apple+half banana
L-chicken breast, spinach, mushrooms, baby carrots.
S-chai tea (homemade) with 1tsp sugar and 1tsp milk.
S 1cup low fat banana shake.
D- 1 sweet potatoe, chicken breast, 1 corn tortilla

Sweet tooth extra after dinner (grrrrr) : starbucks small nonfat cappuccino +almond biscotti.

Exercise- 40 minutes walk + 7m jogging.

Total cal= 1560
Old 02-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 137/134/~120

Height: 5' 5"

I'm up for it! I have similar goals as you--am in the 130s and would like to lose about 10 lbs.

Food today (saying it in advance to try to stick to it, esp. since I don't have control over what's for dinner):

Breakfast: Bagel thin with egg and cheese, OJ, and coffee
Lunch: Spicy bean and broccoli soup, clementine, coffee
Dinner: 1 slice Papa John's veggie pizza and a salad
Other: 1 cup of black tea, 1 glass red wine

Total Calories: 1439
Exercise: 20 minute walk (can't fit in a trip to the gym today; too much going on)
LongColdWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #4  

Welcome aboard longcoldwinter!

Lets free ourselves from this 10 pounds!

Today its gonna be hard cause bf wants to go out to dinner.... :-/ i already convinced him to do thai food instead of italian! So less harm will be done! Lol
Im thinking of just ordering some soup and veggies and try to stay away from rice/noodles.

I will post later how it went.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:14 PM   #5  

So my food for today:

B- half a plain bagel with 1tbs creamcheese, coffe.
S-half a pear
L-1/2avocado on wheat flatbread, asparagus,baby carrots, apple+1tbs peanutbutter.
S-12 almonds
D- tom yum soup with shrimp, 1/2 cup steam rice, ice tea (thai restaurant)
S-1 small square dark chocolate, green grapes.

Exercise 35m walking + 10m jogging.
Total estimate cal (according to mfp) = 1450

I said no to wine and dessert during dinner and no to eating the whole pack of dark chocolate! LOL so i feel a little better.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #6  
Nutella Girl

S/C/G: 197 / 135 / 140

Height: 5'5''

Okay I'm in I've just returned from being away for two months and would look the way I did in December- maybe 5 lbs lighter? Just trying to get back into the routine of being physically active and eating well again.

Weight on Saturday: 136 lbs
What I ate yesterday: Lots of curry and rice because my mum had family over. Tried to limit it but it was so difficult. Couldn't track my calories at all haha. I felt guilty so I hopped on the treadmill and went for a quick run which free'd up 250 cals.
This morning: I ate an egg, toast, 1/4 a cantaloupe and yogurt. Did my daily 15 minutes of yoga and now I'm getting ready to get back on the treddy.

Yay to saying no to wine and dessert! I've told myself I'm not eating after 7 PM (barring special events) and it's worked since I've been back (except for one night where I slipped up) but that means that I don't have much leeway to say yes to stuff like that.
imperialistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:34 PM   #7  

Welcome imperialistic!

Yeah thats a good idea! To set a time where i tell my body no more food! I can do well on the week but sundays are hard! Boo it sucks, like today i totally did fine the whole day and then feast on chinese food. I need more discipline at the end of the week, i soemtimes binge cause i know itll be a restrictive monday! Tomorrow im probably gonna pump up the exercise and reduce cal to 1200.

I didnt count cal today either LOL im guessing i went over 2000 but less than 3000 so for sure ruined my week of cal reduction, oh well,tomorrow its a new day, at least i know i wont gain weigth from one day on indulging. I wont look forwad to the scale tomorrow morning but im still gonna weigth in...

Have a great begining of the week! N i will log in tomorro my progress.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #8  

It's been a busy few days, but I'm happy because I managed to have a healthy weekend after a not-so-healthy Thursday and Friday. Met my goal of five hard workouts for the week. Imperialistic, I'm also trying to stick to not eating after dinner--it's the mindless grazing at night that gets me.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:40 PM   #9  
Nutella Girl

Yeah, the mindless grazing always used to do me in at the end of the night. I'd be sailing along at 1200 calories at 7 PM and BAM I'm up another 800 by 10.

I weighed in this morning and my weight hasn't budged in a week. I'm addicted to the scale- it's not something I'm trying to overcome right now but it does get tough. You'd expect to see results if you're working out for 45 minutes a day and calorie-restricting, wouldn't you Not that I should really be complaining- I had a wine and cheese session on Friday in addition to family brunch on Saturday. I envy your healthy weekend, Winter

Anyway, had an egg white omelette, piece of toast, 1/4 cantaloupe and 1/4 cup cottage cheese with dried blueberries and cinnamon (my usual brekkie) and waiting for it to digest so I can hop on the treddy.

Good luck with Motivation Monday girls

Last edited by imperialistic; 02-17-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #10  

Hi all!

Weigth this morning, feb-17-2014: 130.8

It could have been a little better if i hadnt binged on sunday nigth, oh well...

Imperialistic i too confess my lil obsession with the scale, i just got a new one 2 weeks ago and i seem to jump on it afew times a day! Ha ha ha! but i want to gradually reduce it to maximum once a day.

B- two eggs, flatbread, ham, tea.
S-apple + peanut butter
L- carrots, hummus and green salad.
S-almonds.
D- two multigrain wafffles, fresh blueberries and 1tbs honey.
Total around 1300cal. Exercise 20m walk+ 10m jogging.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:11 PM   #11  

Weigh-in this morning: 134.8

Breakfast: whole wheat dark chocolate chip pancakes, skim milk, coffee

Lunch: Chicken breast, pasta salad with lots of lettuce and veggies, clementine, coffee

Dinner: Corned beef hash, raw veggies with homemade yogurt dip, orange juice

Snacks: Black tea and a vodka tonic

Estimated total calories: 1800

Exercise: Walked to pick my kids up from school and back (2.4 miles total), and 5 miles on the treadmill in 54:02. Very happy with my time!

I find it easier to exercise a lot and be less restrictive about eating than I do to try to get my calories down really low. With a reasonable amount of self control I can keep myself between 1600 and 1800, and I don't feel hungry. But when I go below that, I only manage to keep it up for a couple of days before I feel deprived and eat way too much crap. But I'm trying to be very strict about not eating after dinner. Nighttime snacking (and not exercising regularly) is where these unwanted pounds have come from.

Edited to add: So much for no nighttime snacking. Husband got out the chips, and I ate too many .

Last edited by LongColdWinter; 02-18-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #12  

Longcold yeah that nigth snacking is hard! :-(

Many times i went over my cals cause my bf always always wacthes tv while snacking on popcorn, chips, chocolate or anything tasty ha ha!

Went to the market today and got some fresh lamb for gyros tonite. I was at the candy aisle n hmmm dark chocolate!! maybe i buy a small piece? N then it kicked me who am i kidding? I would eat the whole thing! Lol, didnt buy it

So far today:

B-wheat english muffin, egg, ham, cheese, coffe.
L- deli slice turkey breast and avocado on flat bread with veggies, dessert 2 choc chip cookies.
S- will have noun cause im planning to use cal on dinner (maybe grapes)
D- lamb chop on wheat pita with greek yogurt n veggies.

Exercise -20m walk+ 7m joggin. Cal total will come to around 1400.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #13  
Nutella Girl

Okay, so yesterday, I had an avocado egg salad wrap for lunch and then a bowl of blueberries with nutella (hah). Still ended up at 807 calories by 7 PM but then I couldn't eat more because budging on my 7 PM deadline never ends well. I'm around 400 cals under budget for the week which is worrying considering it's only Tuesday.. I'm sure I'll use it on the weekend though. Exercise was 15 minutes of yoga and 30 minute run.

Today, breakfast was the same as usual 230 cals. Getting ready to hop on the treadmill now. I weighed in at 136 again which is fine, I suppose.

So my nutella snack was amazing... 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries with 1 tbsp nutella. So good! And not too heavy on the calories either. Quite good- I'll take them over chips. Although I spied my mum bringing in a bag of them last night. We try to ban unhealthy food from the house but she always finds a way to sneak them in lol.

Good on you for not falling for the dark chocolate, Nikolette. Grocery stores are so tough. Whenever I get a craving, I get those little dairy milk skinny chocolates. At least I know I can devour the whole thing without feeling guilty
Old 02-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #14  

Nikoette, you're almost my dinner twin today!

Weigh-in: 135 (pretty disappointed about all my chip grazing last night).

Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins and walnuts, skim milk, coffee
Lunch: Salami and cheese on whole wheat with mustard and lots of lettuce, clementine, coffee
Dinner: Lamb burger on half a pita, yogurt sauce, grilled veggies, red wine.
Snack: Clementine

Total calories: around 1700

Exercise: None. Had to run errands so I drove instead of walking to pick the kids up from school, and no time to go to the gym tonight because I'm on deadline for work. My goal is to get in 5 good gym workouts a week, so missing today means I need to go over the weekend
Old 02-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #15  

Imperialistic, the blueberry snack sounds great! I need to pick up some frozen berries the next time I'm at the store. They're extra good to have around because the kids like them for snacks (the down side being they wolf them all down and I go to the freezer to find the bag with only one berry left in it or some such nonsense).