Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 06:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Any IPer's in Maryland?

Hello, I'm interested in finding some IP folks in Maryland that would be interested in sharing and possibly getting together to dine, cook and just share the journey. A friend and I recently got together with a couple of girls from PA and spend some time cooking and sharing recipes. We had a blast.
I thought perhaps there might be others out there who might enjoy getting together. If not with me with each other.

The journey of life is one to be shared!!

Hope to hear from some folks!!!!
Old 02-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #2  

Im from Baltimore. Don't let me scare everyone responding doesn't mean a commitment to get together ;( I just thought we could share local restaurants that can serve IP meals or grocers that sell IP foods. Such as Martins grocery store in eldersburg! They sell a lot of the walden farms products
Great restaurant is Bone Fish they will serve meals with out the butter and sauces and salads without the cheese and nuts. Just ate there last night !!!! Yummy anyway I see a link from 2012 that locals shared hoping to hear from you in 2014 !!!
Old 02-22-2014, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

kcdoe--that is great to know about bonefish - we were debating to go there last night but did not. I am in Northern VA. I found around here ALOT of the Asian restaurants are super accommodating - like Korean, hibachi, and sushi.

Lone Star and Ted Montana grill are great too
Old 02-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
kcdoe--that is great to know about bonefish - we were debating to go there last night but did not. I am in Northern VA. I found around here ALOT of the Asian restaurants are super accommodating - like Korean, hibachi, and sushi.

Lone Star and Ted Montana grill are great too
Awesome Luccilove, we have a Hibachi grill around here but sushi I miss because I like the rolls which of course we can't have ;( Lone star I think we have in Westminster and they accommodate ???
Old 02-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #5  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

I am in MD. I use alternative products to follow the ip protocol.

Not sure about Longhorn, but I know Outback is pretty IP friendly. I would imagine most steakhouses could be.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #6  

Hey Reen thanks for responding where in MD? Where do you find your alternatives? Any restaurants you find that work for IP in the area?
Old 02-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #7  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Hey Reen thanks for responding where in MD? Where do you find your alternatives? Any restaurants you find that work for IP in the area?
I am in Carroll County. I buy a lot of stuff from Nashua online. BJs, the Vitamin shoppe, and GNC carry some of the bars we use (Detour Lower Sugar bars and Quest bars). Hubby also uses a protein shake mix from GNC. I do many lunches as 4oz of real protein (meat) with two cups veg, so my only packets are usually breakfast and snack.

I know we have been a few places and had a burger, no bun, and veggies. Glory Days locations are good- they even have a bison burger and do a special on burgers on Mondays. They also have grilled boneless chicken wings (basically grilled chicken breasts) and always have broccoli. Outback is good. Panera has some stuff, too.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 277/184/195

Height: 6' 2"

Mission BBQ is our go-to for takeout as they don't use sugar in any of their rubs. We do keep it as lean as possible with the turkey and (trimmed) brisket. We're on our own for IP friendly sides though.

My wife has had a pretty easy time with some of the restaurants in Baltimore like Brewer's Art and City Cafe.

-Bill
Old 02-24-2014, 06:37 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
I am in Carroll County. I buy a lot of stuff from Nashua online. BJs, the Vitamin shoppe, and GNC carry some of the bars we use (Detour Lower Sugar bars and Quest bars). Hubby also uses a protein shake mix from GNC. I do many lunches as 4oz of real protein (meat) with two cups veg, so my only packets are usually breakfast and snack.

I know we have been a few places and had a burger, no bun, and veggies. Glory Days locations are good- they even have a bison burger and do a special on burgers on Mondays. They also have grilled boneless chicken wings (basically grilled chicken breasts) and always have broccoli. Outback is good. Panera has some stuff, too.
OH cool,so gnc carry quest bars and Detour bars I've never heard of those. Illmhave to ck it out Great there's a Glory Days in , chicken wings I can have that I have to try, I'll have to ck them out with some of my WF blue cheese. But panera really ;( wow I don't think I could handle smelling the bread........ I miss bread.

So for alternates how do you make sure to get the required protein ?

Thanks for sharing !!!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:56 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillS View Post
Mission BBQ is our go-to for takeout as they don't use sugar in any of their rubs. We do keep it as lean as possible with the turkey and (trimmed) brisket. We're on our own for IP friendly sides though.

My wife has had a pretty easy time with some of the restaurants in Baltimore like Brewer's Art and City Cafe.

-Bill
Hey Bills thanks for jumping in !!!
Really Mission BBQ , I've never heard of them. Just did a google they look awesome, huge place, looks like they have a location in PA to. I visit my sister who lives in Pa and we go to York for shopping
I really don't have opportunity to go downtown Baltimore much, but googled those places they look cool.
Are you and your wife on the plan together?
Old 02-24-2014, 07:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

I am in the Frederick area and do a combo of IP and alternatives.. when heading out to eat.. I always check out the menu before hand.. most places will accommodate. I have even eaten at PF Chang's... :-)
There is a pool store in Mt. Airy that carries almost all of the Walden Farms products..(bbq sauces, syrups, sauces, jams, etc...its in the Twin arch shopping plaza.. off of 27.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Headsup.... World Market Stores has a 1 day sale today Monday on all Torani syrups and some are sugar free. I think some of you use them Instead of $7.99 the bottles are $3.99. I am going to check this out today after my WI.

Hope this helps

Last edited by LUCCILOVE; 02-24-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 335/329/235

Height: 5'4.5

Hello! I'm in Southern Maryland. We have a Mission BBQ down here now, too! I follow shakes as a supplement to low carb diet.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
I am in the Frederick area and do a combo of IP and alternatives.. when heading out to eat.. I always check out the menu before hand.. most places will accommodate. I have even eaten at PF Chang's... :-)
There is a pool store in Mt. Airy that carries almost all of the Walden Farms products..(bbq sauces, syrups, sauces, jams, etc...its in the Twin arch shopping plaza.. off of 27.
Hey snickers thanks for responding!! I do the same knowing what you are going to order makes it less tempting and less annoying to those dinning with you
A pool store seems an odd place to sell walden farms lol cool!!

PF Chang's I've never been to one, I've always wanted to try that restaurant. What did you have?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
Headsup.... World Market Stores has a 1 day sale today Monday on all Torani syrups and some are sugar free. I think some of you use them Instead of $7.99 the bottles are $3.99. I am going to check this out today after my WI.

Hope this helps
Cool Luccilove did you get some goodies?

How'd you do at weigh in? Had mine today lost 2.4
Closed Thread