South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 06:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default It's just another Manic Monday, Beach Style 2/24

Good morning chicks!

I woke up when DH did, he's leaving for a few days for work. I have his sausage and eggs going for him. I opted not to do my exercise this AM, thinking I will have time later, let's hope it really happens.

It's honestly a bit easier to cook when he's gone, we're having tacos for kids tonight, taco salad for me...one of my favorites!

Anyone miss the Bangles?!
Old 02-24-2014, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I loved The Bangles, Tammy! Their music was always so upbeat and made you want to sing along.

Today will be a short work day for me since I have to be at the insurance adjuster's by 2:30, and I probably won't go back over to the farm afterwards. Lots of leftovers from yesterday's dinner for supper tonight, so I won't have to cook. The sun is already coming up and the sky is clear and it looks like it's going to be a pretty good day.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:49 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmm - no I don't miss them. Actually I never heard of them and had to Google. I miss Pavarotti though. I guess I missed The Bangles back in the 80's.

Spent a pretty good weekend getting a few things done and relaxing with the Olympics on TV most of yesterday. What a spectacular closing show! Mother Russia should be very proud. I actually saw Putin smile once.

I have a fairly busy week ahead - something written on every day and two events Friday night. One's a Pampered Chef Party and the other is a Burnt Book Cafe at the Library. Guess which one I want to go to. The Library event is a reading from books that were banned at one time. I'm supposed to read from The Vagina Monologues which I was in way back when. However, my friend Karen is hosting the P. C. Party so I am in a dilemma.

Let's hope this Monday isn't too manic although it does make time go quickly!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I'd give Karen an order for her Pampered Chef and go to the Burnt Book Party.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm with Cottage.

PS - Watch the manic monday video and tell me you can't help but get it stuck in yer head. Can't sing along with Pavarotti!!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:52 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ayup, just another crazy Monday around here too. That song always reminds me of DD. We used to put that and Walk Like an Egyptian on in the mornings to get us going. Drove her father crazy The Bangles are actually still around and released an album a couple of years ago. The rest of their music is nothing like that song though, more folky and mellow.

Tammy - Taco salad sounds yummy. I'm scanning meatless recipes for tonight but so far nothing is exciting me. Now that you mentioned salad maybe I'll make buffalo tofu and have salads. I'll pretend it's still warm out.

Cottage - Good luck with the adjuster! My parents have had 3 small accidents this winter all requiring car repairs. Only one was my Dad's fault, backing out of a parking spot.

Ruth - Definitely go for the Burned Books! Love Cottage's suggestion.

I have a few things to get done before our weekly staff call at 8:30. Then the car goes to the garage for oil chg and inspection. Of course it got cold again when I have to walk back home. Ah well, it's good exercise and the temperature will encourage me to hurry home.

Hope your Monday is just a little manic with no panic. Actually I hope mine is too.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Not me I would go Pampered Chef lol maybe that is TOM talking lol. Although I do want to order their salad dressing maker.

LONG work weeks done off today and back at it tomorrow. I have been awesome with my OP eating. HUGE accomplishment considering how lazy I used to be. After working 12 hours yesterday come home and cleaned downstairs like a crazy lunatic! Accountant and John are coming over this morning. Sorry fellas only coffee and tea today no homemade goodies. DS and I have the eye doctor this afternoon. We are going out for dinner tonight (I need a little TLC).

Ruth I loved your doggie pic!

Well time to take stock of what is in the freezer and plan my meals for the week. DS is fending for himself this week. He left me post it notes yesterday for grocery shopping (agave, sleepy time tea and carnation instant breakfast) I told him I won't be going shopping until next Sunday the earliest. Guess he will go himself if he really wants these items I did have the agave in a different cabinet.

Tammy I loved the Bangles and the Go-Gos too
Old 02-24-2014, 08:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cyndi - Thanks for sharing that cake recipe. Maybe it will be my first foray into gluten free baking the next time I have book club.

Tammy - Now I'll be singing their song in my head all day!

Linda - Enjoy the sun.

Ruth - I love my little mini spatula that I got from PC years ago. Perfect brownie size.

Jennifer - Good job on the OP eating.

I'll start my day with my Monday workout this morning and finish my day with the closing shift at work tonight. Somehow I've had a lot more of those shifts than usual lately; they are my least favorite and my longest shifts. We have company coming tomorrow for a few days so there's some cleaning to do.

Have a great week, manic or otherwise.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, (still morning here)

Tywnn DH and I went to see them I think it was last year or the year before, it was a good concert still.

Cottage good luck with the adjuster today.

Ruth I agree with Cottage's plan

Cyndi enjoy the brisk walk home

Jekel enjoy your TLC this evening

Jekel I don't think I would enjoy a closing shift hope it goes by quickly for you.

I spend most of yesterday abed with this darned cold would have wfh today if I didn't have 4 meetings to attend. I found out a lot of people have gotten this cold all about the same time frame too.

I cancelled Awana tonight don't need to be around kids with all of my germs.

Stay warm
Old 02-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #10  

Those girl bands were the best. I really enjoyed Pat Benatar back in the day too

I think I would rather go to a book club than a Pampered Chef party any day. I don't like the pressure of having to buy and most of their gadgets I find are no easier to use than plain ole regular ones...maybe it's me. Their stoneware is good though.

Anyway, quiet week here. This our slow season for wine so I usually amp up the hunt for other work.

Sue
Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 241/219/165

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches

Hello chicks,

Jekel I miss the Go-Go's too...I sang "Vacation" at karaoke this weekend! And Sue, I also did "Hit me with your best shot" by Pat Benatar. Ahhh, the 8o's.

Hoping for a full week of work this week, with all the snow days over the past month it's been hard to get the kids back into a routine.

So, good news: now that I am firmly down a size, I am taking some things to the consignment store. Hopefully I will earn some cash to pay for new clothes!

Hope you all had a good day!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening ladies! I stopped by earlier and managed to lose my post so I'm trying again...

Go-gos, Bangles and Pat Benatar were all my era!! I had cassette tapes of all of them. Showing my age, huh?

Back to work today; I think it was a shock for kids and teachers alike! February is such a short month especially when you add in the break but now March looms ahead. Such a long month and this year it seems spring will never come...wah wah. (don't you feel sorry for me?)

Tammy, I made taco salad last week and it was tasty! I don't know why I don't think of it more often? I tend to stick with the Mexican casseroles.

Cyndi, DH and I both had oil changes and inspections last week. Now I have to change my registration sticker. It's always something, isn't it.

Ruth, what a great picture of the pooch.

Hope everyone's Monday was calm rather than manic.
Closed Thread