Old 02-22-2014, 09:38 PM   #1  

Default Changes to WW 2010-2014?

I did WW a while back ago, but I havent been since 2010. I got lifetime...and then life happened. I'm only 10lbs over goal, but they are some stubborn pounds!

I'm getting ready to go back and wondering if I will need to buy a new calculator and what all has changed with points? I have a points+ calculator but I think daily points are different now....I get 29 on mine and when I did it that was the lowest you could get. I see from messages boards that 26 is the new lowest daily points you can get. Are points for foods still calculated the same way as they were in points+ 2010?
starryiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:21 AM   #2  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

They are still the same. Have you thought of signing up for weight watchers online?
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:10 AM   #3  
Less of a Better Me

26 points is indeed the daily minimum. There are not a lot of changes otherwise.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Starryiz I hope you've had some success in these last few weeks. I'm in the same boat as you. I joined WW in 2011, lost 34 lbs, made lifetime and then life happened. I gained 14 lbs and have now lost a few but I'm ready to get on with these last few lbs.

WW reduced their points b/c people weren't losing fast enough if their daily target was 29. They would get discouraged and stop. You will lose weight faster by using 26 points instead of 29. You can still use 29 points, but over 7 days that's going to be 21 of your weekly points. Remember you always earn points through activity -- which is where I need to ramp things up now.
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Glad to read this post.... was very informative. Was on WW in 2006 and had a lot of success. I joined again this January and I thought wow I am only allotted 26 pts... seems low!?! I have been chugging along with weight loss; I hit a plateau for a couple weeks but that seemed to have sorted itself out.The challenge I have is that can't seem to stick to 26 pts/day... normally 32-35. And I always feel guilty. But since I am so active at work I am wondering if that is why I still lose 1-2 lbs/week. It is a bit of a balancing act for me.
waterdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:00 PM   #6  
Less of a Better Me

Well, if you eat all your weekly points and have 26 daily points that works out to an average of 33 points a day that is 100% OK to eat and still be on program. And, if you earn activity points it is totally OK to eat those points as well. I also think that if you are losing 1 to 2 pounds a week then you are doing great and you probably are earning some activity points through your activity.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Smile re Pts per day

thank you for the reassurance!
waterdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:49 AM   #8  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Don't forget that with the new plan everyone gets 49 weekly points. So if you divide 49 by 7 that is 7 extra points per day average. Add that to 26 and you get 33 points! If it is working for ya, don't worry. If you don't seem to be losing, or not fast enough then worry.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote