Old 02-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #1  

Unhappy Shocked! O.O

I joined Weight Watchers the other day and finally started today. In the last year I started my own business (at age 25) and was so focused on that, that I let my health fall to the wayside.

As a result, I gained 20 pounds.

Years ago I did weight watchers and was successful with it, until they changed to this points plus thing. At the time I think it was still going through some kinks and I ended up gaining some weight on it.

It seems to be back in order now and I have to say, I was shocked how hungry I was on 26 points that was allotted. I ended up going 9 points over because I was just so hungry today. Also made me realize just how much I've been eating.

Tomorrow morning I start fresh and am buckling down even more. I want to drop 55 pounds (currently 170ish and 5'0") and hoping I can do a good chunk of it by October.

Wish me luck!
Shaunalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:44 PM   #2  
Don't Stop Believing!!!!

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Have you tried the simple start? Also, with the points, remember even though you only get 26 pts a day you have 49 indulgence points a week, so you can take those 9 extra points and put it toward that. you will be fine. I have been on WW now for 3 weeks. I go over my points every now and then, but I use my indulgence points more for salad dressing than actual indulgences. lol

Doni
donijo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #3  

I was going to do the simple start plan, but I decided to jump into points simply because I am swamped with illustration deadlines and not enough time to plan out the meals, cook, etc. So I went to the grocery store this morning and picked up some smart ones meals to help with this week.

I know I'm supposed to hit my points every day, so I'm not terribly worried, but it also made me aware of just how much I'd been eating.

Tomorrow night I have my skating class and then I'm going to the gym after. So I'm sure that will help.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

I never use the term indulgence points. WW calls them weekly points and I find it helpful to think of that way.

The 26 Daily Points is the minimum that anyone should eat each day. Sometimes people are reluctant to eat Weekly Points thinking that they are "cheating" or, more kindly, "indulging" when they use them.

But, really, it isn't that. WW recognizes - and I think brilliantly - that people just don't eat the exact same amount of calories each day. So they say that you must eat at least 26 points a week and for the week you may average anywhere from 26 points a day to 33 points a day.

So I don't see Weekly Points as being anything different from daily points. There is nothing wrong with eating them. WW assumes that you do eat them. Of course, you don't have to eat them. I average usually about 31 points a day over the course of the week so most weeks I end with 10 weekly points uneaten. But, on a given week I might eat them all (last week I did). I don't usually eat activity points although rarely I may eat a point or two of them.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #5  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Hi Shauna,
I think if you rethink your meals to better utilize your points, you won't be as hungry. That is the entire thinking of the Points Plus, foods low on the glycemic index have low points and stuff that is not good for your, sugar, bread has high points.

Also, don't forget to eat your fruit! Zero points! Your 26 daily points is considering that you will also eat fruit and veggies during the day. I found that an orange at lunch keeps me full until five. If I don't eat the orange I'm starving at 4.

Also try the slow cooker soup recipe, 1 point. You make it in the crockpot and you have it for the entire week. It is filling and also very healthy with all of the veggies.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #6  

Thanks guys! Day two was much easier. I think it was just a shock to see how much I'd been eating, especially with how hungry I was. It's been getting easier as the days have moved forward.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:15 AM   #7  
Don't Stop Believing!!!!

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunalynn View Post
Thanks guys! Day two was much easier. I think it was just a shock to see how much I'd been eating, especially with how hungry I was. It's been getting easier as the days have moved forward.
That was the hardest part for me was going from the supersized amount that I was eating, to the amount that you are supposed to eat. I could not believe how much I was over eating!

donijo23 is offline   Reply With Quote