View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 11:08 PM   #78
Fiona W
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

penmage— I just want to back up what Kathleen said: you are NOT ugly. I don't need to see your photo to say that, because your sweet personality comes through in your postings, and that personality is what lights up your face. These guys who bond quickly and then un-bond just as quickly are not what you are looking for: you want a real friendship, because the friendship is the foundation of any good relationship, and a real friendship takes time—face time, in person. Do you know what I mean, or am I just sounding old-fashioned?

Kathleen— Wow...that's some serious stress you've been through, for most of your life, it sounds like. I am SO impressed with how you've held your marriage and your family together! As for your turning to food for comfort, that's completely understandable. One of the truisms about overweight women (I prefer the term "fat" because it's just descriptive, but I can tell you don't like it) is that they get in the habit of give-give-give to everyone else in their lives, and the only way they give to themselves is food. It sounds like you're off to a good start, with your workouts, in giving more to Kathleen, but you need to develop some more ways that you soothe and comfort yourself. Reading, meditation, listening to music, a hobby, a class, taking naps...I'm sure you know the list. What do you like to do, or what have you always wanted to explore, that you've been denying yourself?

Current mini-goal: Get BACK down to 260
Pounds to go: 7

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14
Mini-goal 3: Get down to 260 —> done 1/1/16

Last edited by Fiona W; 02-16-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote