View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
FattyPattiW2BT

S/C/G: 188/188/157

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy

I wish I could give you the answers you are looking for, but unfortunately, I too am dealing with multiple health issues which seem to be fighting my weight loss efforts.

As for me:
Hypothyroidism / Hashimoto's
Insulin Resistance
Suspected Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Constant, undiagnosed aches and pains

I have gained 30 lb. in the past 2-3 years, and it doesn't seem to matter what I do, it's not budging. In fact, it seems the more I diet, the more the number on the scale creeps up. I have been trying to exercise, but then I hurt so much the next day, I feel like I have been on the losing end with a prize fighter.

I know I shouldn't complain... I have great kids, and an amazing, supportive husband, who I met a few years ago, and we married about a year and a half ago. He tells me all the time he finds me attractive... But I can't help but worry... what if I can't stop this weight gain? I have never been what I would call skinny, but I was comfortable with myself when we met. Now, I can't even bring myself to look in the mirror at this stranger in the reflection.

He got us a gym membership, but then I had to buy clothes to even be able to go. Nothing fits me anymore. I went last night, but cried all the way home after being surrounded by all the perfect little sized 2 women around me. I feel like a fish out of water, and that I will never feel good again. I feel hopeless, because I worry that once again, this will not make any difference, and today I sit here feeling like I have been hit by a bus. My health is not good, and my body seems to fight me when I try to help.

Sorry to whine. I'm not in a good place, and since moving out of state a few years ago, I have no real friends to talk to. My heart is heavy, along with the rest of me. I am hoping someone may jump on this thread with some advice from experience.... how to turn hopelessness to hope?

Last edited by FattyPattiW2BT; 02-16-2014 at 03:33 PM.
FattyPattiW2BT is offline   Reply With Quote