General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-13-2014, 07:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default A great blog!

At the suggestion of a poster on the forum I found this wonderful blog and thought I would share it. http://summertomato.com/

The blogger practices a life of mostly whole foods, mindful eating practices and anti-dieting principles. I'm enjoying it very much, you gotta check out what she says about the myths of willpower!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 304/235/180(for now)

Height: 5'6''

Awesome - thanks!
AxelGoldstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #3  

CindySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #4  

Love it! I absolutely love eating clean, whole foods. Started the day after Christmas. Actually the only food I eat that is not a whole food is truvia! An artificial sweetener from stevia.. I do feel a bit guilty about it, and I've tried to use honey, but that extra calories get the best of me since I'm really trying to get this baby weight off asap. But everything else is whole foods so by default the hubby and kids are eating whole foods...and the stuff we do buy, I'm a slowly replacing with homemade...like kids love pancakes, use to buy them frozen for ease. Now I make them in huge batches with oat flour (I throw some dry oatmeal in the blender) I omit the sugar in the recipe, and then just freeze them! We even did home made goldfish crackers the other day!
Anyway great blog!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #5  

Homemade goldfish? I gotta have that recipe mind sharing?
Old 02-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #6  

Sure
http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2011/09...fish-crackers/
Its from a blog actually. I don't have a food processor so I used a pastry cutter, took forever but worked. The cutting of fish was time consuming too. I tried freezing one and it seemed to be ok. Also the recipe calls for white flour but you can sub in whatever you want flour wise (WW, oat etc) Its is a lot fo work for a serving. Next time, I plan to use real cookie cutters (the ones this blog says to make from a can are too sharp/flimsy for little hands) and put my kids to work! 3 of us cutting and we can get much more work done faster. I figure square will be fine, and I'll just call them homemade cheese its... lol..anyway I can freeze them then. ...also looked up homemade cheerios but I'm not ready to tackle that yet!
http://www.turningithome.com/2013/02...-cheerios.html
Old 02-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
Sure
http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2011/09...fish-crackers/
Its from a blog actually. I don't have a food processor so I used a pastry cutter, took forever but worked. The cutting of fish was time consuming too. I tried freezing one and it seemed to be ok. Also the recipe calls for white flour but you can sub in whatever you want flour wise (WW, oat etc) Its is a lot fo work for a serving. Next time, I plan to use real cookie cutters (the ones this blog says to make from a can are too sharp/flimsy for little hands) and put my kids to work! 3 of us cutting and we can get much more work done faster. I figure square will be fine, and I'll just call them homemade cheese its... lol..anyway I can freeze them then. ...also looked up homemade cheerios but I'm not ready to tackle that yet!
http://www.turningithome.com/2013/02...-cheerios.html
excellent thanks! do they store well or must they be refrigerated?
Old 02-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #8  

I made them Thursday and they have been unrefridgerated, but have the kids not finished them tonight I was going to put them in the fridge. I suppose they would hold like a baked good.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:03 AM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Darya has a lot of good to say and has for years. I don't entirely agree with her, as my body (one that got super morbidly obese while I was still quite young, with a family history loaded with metabolic dysfunction and associated conditions) only circumvents weight regain by virtue of very low carb/grain free, and that was something she ditched and had problems with relating to disordered eating behaviors and physically not doing well on that dietary composition.

But that's after years of tweaking and weight reduction that I discovered that, and if more people ate like she recommends I'd say the vast majority of weight and health issues relating to diet in this country would improve. It's definitely a great start and her mindfulness tips are fabulous.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 02-17-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote