Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-07-2004, 10:21 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Curves #4

"WELCOME!!!"
This Thread is for anyone wanting to join us in sharing about their "CURVES experiences" or if you are thinking about joining and have any questions. Come on in!!!

I have really enjoyed CURVES! Loved the people and the music! And what it does for my Spirits! I began on Sept 17th, 2003 and cannot say... 'Thanks' enough!!!
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 03:18 PM   #2  
~ Berry Happy ~

Bad news....and I don't mean to dump this here, but I am so upset, and need to vent. I know you all will understand...

About 2 hours ago, I was sitting in the computer room, typing an e-mail, and Ricardo was in the bedroom. All of a sudden I heard a HUGE BOOM.

Ricardo ran out of the room, looked out the door and yelled, "CALL THE POLICE! SOMEONE JUST HIT YOUR CAR!"

I thought he said that someone was trying to steal my car, so I hurried and called 911. I told them that my car was being stolen, I was FREAKING out completely! Then when I went outside, I finally realized that this guy had smacked right into my car, and HARD!

He pushed my car from where it was parked in the front, all the way around to the FRONT of our house, and almost hit our deck! The WHOLE ENTIRE BACK drivers side is smashed in, and all along the drivers side!

Also - when he hit my car, he pushed my car into Ricardo's 2003 Ford Focus Wagon, smashing the back, and now the hatch will not open!

When I came out side, the guy who hit us was frantically trying to leave, he was hitting the gas, but his truck was going no where. I yelled for Ricardo to hurry and get his license plate number to give to the 911 operator. A few seconds after we got the plate number, the guys truck finally went, and he took off, got half way down the street, and smashed TWO more cars!!! After that, he took off.

Ricardo called 911 back (because they HUNG UP on me) and told them that the guy took off, and he told them which direction that they guy was going.

About 15 minutes later the cops showed up. The cop told me that the guy was driving down the main road, half way on the curb, half way on the street. They said he then drove into Detoit, and hit some more cars. They had to block him in to get him to stop.

I AM SO MAD! At first, I was hysterical, and crying. Now I am just plain MAD. It just seems like when it comes to cars, I have BAD luck.

In August 2001 I bought a BRAND NEW Kia RIO, and November 2nd, 2001 (2.5 months after I bought it) - a guy hit me while I was in the car, and totaled out my car!

Now this year, I bought a 2000 Ford Contour on November 10th, 2003, then today, January 7th 2004 this guy hits my PARKED CAR!!! I've only had it for TWO MONTHS now!!!

There is A LOT of damage to my car, and they had to tow it away, because it is not driveable.

I just had to post this, I really need to get it all out, even though it is totally off topic. I know how understanding all of you are.

Thanks for letting me vent.

~ Kari ~
kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:13 PM   #3  

Unhappy Awwwe Kari...

Hi KARI, So good to hear from you and to be back... but I just cannot believe your luck. I am so very sorry for you and you can come and dump here anytime!!! I wish I could wiggle my nose and make it all better for you.

So what is going to happen next? Will Insurance take care of it without costing you?? I always wondered how that worked. You see it happen in the car chases all the time on TV and wonder who pays for the damaged cars?!? Was the guy on something?? You poor thing...

I tried to get on earlier to write you but the forum was down again and I couldn't get on. Must be that they are still working out the kinks. So much happening to so many!!!

I do hope it won't cost you to get things taken care of... keep in touch, would you.

I went to 'Curves' this morning after 3 1/2 weeks of being gone. Boy, did it feel good to get back!! And I was greeted by so many when I came through the door - such a nice feeling to be missed. I am hoping to go again tomorrow morning and now they are open here on Saturdays, so if I couldn't get in one of the weekday's it's nice to know there's a Saturday I could go now.

Well, that's about it for now.

Come back everyone!!! Tell us how you are doing now that we are into the new year. I personally do not do resolutions (sets me up for failure) but if you have one or two, come share it with us. I haven't done resolutions in about 4 - 5 years now... and the pressure is off and I do better when I go back to my exercise.

Well, take care ~all~ and I hope to hear from you soon!
Blessings,
SunnyD
Old 01-09-2004, 10:25 AM   #4  
~ Berry Happy ~

SunnyD57 - Thanks for understanding. I'm starting to feel a little better about the whole situation since it has been about two days now. I should find out today or tomorrow if my car is going to be repaired, or totaled out. I am praying that it is going to be repaired, because I honestly cannot afford to get another car.

My insurance company has been great so far. IF they fix my car, I do not have to pay anything. I have a $100 deductible, but since my car was parked, and no one was in it, I do not have to pay. My insurance company is also going to be covering my rental car until my car is fixed, (if they even fix it).

I did get a REALLY nice rental car yesterday from Enterprise. A 2004 Grand Prix with 300 miles on it . The guy said I was the second person to drive the car. I'll really hate to give this car up when I have to turn it in.

The guy who smashed the cars was probably drunk, and or on drugs . The police never confirmed that with me. They did say that, "there is SOMETHING seriously wrong with him!" We also do not know if the truck he was driving was even his. It could have been stolen. (When I get the police report in a few days, I'll know for sure.)

If the guy did not have insurance on the truck, my insurance company will still cover my damages, but when it is time for my policy to be re-newed, the premium will unfortunatly go up. BUT if the guy had insurance, then my insurance company will go after his insurance company, and his insurance company will have to reinburse my insurance company everything that they had to pay. Then my premium will not increase. So I am PRAYING that this guy had insurance on his truck.

-----------------------------------------

I am so glad you are getting back in the swing of things SunnyD57 I've been teeter-tottering each day. One day I'll have a pretty good day, eating healthy. The next day, it gets blown. I'm thinking things will get better in February, because this last month we've really been struggling with money. When we do buy food, it's just something quick, and cheap. In February, I will actually have money to go grocery shopping, and buy healthy foods. (COME ON FEBRUARY!) lol.

It was nice that you got such a welcome when you went back to Curves! What a way to get started again! It is very encouraging. That is awesome that they are now open on Saturdays. Our Curves was open Monday through Saturday, usually from 7 or 8 a.m. until 7 or 8 p.m. It was really nice to have such long hours like that.

We have a Curves closer to our house now, a new one they just built, and they are NEVER open. Usually just in the morning, and that's it. Bummer.

Well - I'd better get going. Once again, thanks for listening. It has been such a crazy week! Things are only bound to get better.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

~ Kari ~

P.S. - EVERYONE who used to participate here, PLEASE come back! WE MISS YOU!!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:33 AM   #5  
~ Berry Happy ~

Here are some pics of my damaged contour....

Old 01-09-2004, 02:30 PM   #6  

Default My appointment is on Tuesday

I'm almost ready to take the plunge. I've set up my first appointment for next week. A few months ago I went in and looked around but didn't sign up because of a lot of stuff going on at the time.
Last night after work I stopped by and had another look-see and made my appointment.
Since I'm in Canada I think the pricing is slightly different. There is a $100 discount if I sign up on my first visit - so it will be $99 plus the montly fee. (If I don't sign up I can get 1 week of visits for free).

`````````````````````````````````
Kari - so sorry to hear about your car. At least you weren't in it! Hope all goes well with the insurance company.
`````````````````````````````````

current weight: 222 (???) I'm not sure!
mini goal weight: 200
wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:29 PM   #7  
~ Berry Happy ~

wryly - Welcome!!! Congrats on taking your first step to Curves! It's such a great place to work out! No intimidation, or fear of people staring at you. It is THE most comfortable gym I have ever been to. And the staff is so helpful in the whole process. I unfortunatly had to quit because of our current $$$ situation, but hopefully, when things get better, I may be able to return.

If you have any questions about Curves, or how it works, just ask. We're all a bunch of helpful ladies!

It may seem that this thread is pretty slow, but it just needs time to pick back up. Before the holidays, everyone has been so busy, and there weren't many posts. Then the whole 3FC website crashed, and I don't think everyone has made their way back yet. Hopefully everyone will return....we'll see how it goes!

Anyways, good luck at your appointment! I know you'll love it! Keep us posted on how things are going!

~ Kari ~
Old 01-13-2004, 11:15 AM   #8  

Angry Morning Friends...

Good Morning KARI & WRYLY...

Boy (!) has it ever been quiet here these days I miss seeing everyone

Although, I too have not been around much with all that's been happening with the forum and getting back to Curves later then I anticipated.

I went back last Thursday (1-8-04) and was there again this morning and will be going again this week - tomorrow and Thursday - to get in my three days. It looks as if Tues., Wed., Thursday are good days for me to go. I am just dogging it on Monday's after the weekends! So I don't even entertain the thought of going, but WILL on TUES - WED - THURS! I won't take time to ponder or think twice about it - I just get ready! I am a good one for talking myself out of things these days...

KARI, I saw the pictures of your car before they changed the format... I feel so sorry for you. Have you heard anything more about what will be done? Will you be able to repair your car? Did the other guy have insurance????

I totally understand where you are coming from as far as one day feeling strong and good the the next just a total failure! That's what I have been struggling with for weeks now (ever since I sprained my ankle). I feel down because it isn't healing as well or as quickly as I hoped it would and then eat comfort foods to fill my frustrations ~ seems to make me sleepy; then I can just sleep away the feelings instead of dealing with them. I am feeling so much better now that I have decided not to ponder & just do it... I hope you are feeling better too. It sounds as if you may do the same thing I do - you get stressed & it brings on the want for desserts (stressed backwards) and it calms you (well, for the moment anyway then you feel worse!) I am trying to talk to myself differently - not so negative! I am negative with myself and so kind and positive with others. I am trying to expand and be as kind & positive with myself too.

Yes, it was a nice feeling to be so welcomed when I went back to Curves. And this morning the owner, Sue, was there and she also welcomed me with open arms! Asked me how I have been, why I was out and so on... ... She was very concerned about me. It really does feel good getting back. The hardest part for me is getting dressed to go!!! Once I just "do it" I am fine, but thinking about going out and having to spend 15 to 20 minutes scrapping ice off the jeep before I go isn't too thrilling. Most times my hubby will do it for me, but he had to rush out this morning and I really did need to go and workout. It was all well-worth it I always feel so much better after I go!!!

Hi WRYLY, Did you go back to Curves and sign up with them??? I sure hope you gave them a try for the week free at least. The Curves I go to is so very nice and I cannot say enough 'good' about the people that work there & own it. We are always watched to see if we are doing the machines correctly and there's always someone there to answer our questions when we need it. Hope you stop back and let us know what happened with you. Thanks for stopping in!

Well, that's it for me today so far anyway (laundry day today ). I am feeling cp'd out today... I spent the whole day yesterday in front of this computer bringing it up to date on all it's needs with UPGRADES and another year of ANTIVIRUS. So exhausting! Felt like I climbed mountains yesterday, but never left the desk! Over 10 hours of UPDATES! But now it is all done and I feel better/safer... let's hope I am. So many people are talking about how they have lost their cp's.

Take Care Guys!
Be Positive & Kind to yourselves!!!
Luv's,
SunnyD

Last edited by SunnyD57; 02-02-2004 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Still going to curves - went 3 x last week. Didn't feel like going last night, since it was cold & snowing here but pulled myself together & went. Felt great after that.
Kept me on track last night with my snacks.

Hope everyone is doing well. Bye for now.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 03:13 PM   #10  

Smile Good for you!

Hi BANDIT2,

So happy to see you again and to hear that you are still going to Curves so faithfully! That's what I am going to do... 3x a week. When I began in Sept/2003 that's what I was doing and I had such good results.

When do you go in for another weight and measure again? I bet you anything that your inch-loss is going to be great! Please come back and keep us (me) informed... it gives me what I need to keep on truckin' too when I hear such good news. Especially because we are getting allot of cold and snow also, in fact, it's is snowing to beat the band right now. Just makes you feel isolated if you aren't an ice-skater, skier or snow-boarder (which I am not no way - no how).

Take Care & keep Curving
SunnyD

Last edited by SunnyD57; 02-02-2004 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:03 PM   #11  

I went in for my appointment but apparently the person who booked it gave me the wrong date. Her daybook said Monday 13 not Tuesday 13th. And no-one called when I missed the appointment so when I went in today a different person said she couldn't see me today as she was booked solid.
So now I've re-booked for tomorrow at 9 - which is pushing my luck since I have to work until midnight. And tomorrow I'm only getting a Figure Assessment done, I'll have to book another appointment for my first work-out.
And no free workouts for a week - it is a free week or $100 off sign-up fees but not both.

A quick question: Am I allowed a maximum or 3 work-out per week or can I go as often as I want?
wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 07:57 PM   #12  

Angry Hi

Hi WRYLY,

So glad to hear the you did go back, but they don't sound very organized - do they? I hope that they run a better Curves then they are showing you with the appointments I think I am very spoiled with the place I go to - they treat their customers so well!

I did that too... I did not workout on my weight & measure day (the day I signed with them). I came back the next day to begin. And 'NO' to your question of ONLY going 3x a week, you may go as many as you would like. They discourage you at first, going more then 3x a week, saying it's too much at first. But I do know that many of the ladies that workout at our Curves go everyday of the week (5x). So if you can do it - go for it... they cannot stop you (they can try, but you paid to go as often as you like).

Oh, thanks for setting me straight on the free week & $100.00 discount - I didn't know that and someone else may need to know that too.

I wish you well!!!!
SunnyD

Last edited by SunnyD57; 02-02-2004 at 07:35 AM.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:26 AM   #13  

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in awhile. I m ready for my 4 month weigh in/measurements. I am a little afraid since I kinda splurged over the holidays. I have been pleased so far. At my 3 month weigh in I had lost a total of 8 pounds and 19 1/2 inches!!! I am very pleased so if anyone is thinking about joining and not sure It does work.
I was wondering if any of you have noticed a HUGE increase in attendance at your Curves. Before Christmas I could go around 5 or 5:30 and either be by myself or only see 1 or 2 other people there. Last night we were one station away from being full. I couldnt believe it! I guess a lot of people made resolutions and it seems we had a huge increase in membership.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Tina
tinagailh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:20 AM   #14  

Angry Morning

Hey there TINA,

I am so happy for you!!!! 8 #'s down and a loss of 19 1/2 inches! Way-to go!!!!!!!!!! You are doing so well - at least you continued through the holidays, I know I gained, but now that I am back 'on track' I see it coming off again... such a nice feeling!

I just saw the new Curves commercial - isn't it a great commercial!?! I just think Curves is the best.

YES!!! I usually go at 8:30am and have plenty of space but not this morning! When I got there there were only two recovery stations open, so I had to hurry and change into my shoes cuz I saw a few ladies coming in and I wanted in. There's a HUGE sign-up going on for Jan. but it will settle soon. This happens to most fitness places in January. I worked for Jazzercise 15 years and every Jan. we were bombarded with new students that stayed only a few months and then never returned again. Hopefully that will not happen to CURVER'S All I know is this... we have over 400 sign-ups at our Curves since they opened in Sept-2003. And now we have 11 machines out of the 13 to be had. We just got a new one this week for the peck muscles.

Keep up the wonderful job and touch base with us after your weight & measure, okay.
Great to hear from you again!!!

SunnyD

Last edited by SunnyD57; 02-02-2004 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

My 2nd measure in is tonight. Don't feel like I have lost anything, but will see later.
I have been going 3x/week as well as shovelling snow, but haven't been doing so great with my ww menu.

But today is a new day & beginning of a new week. So my goal for this week is to
stay OP, curves 3x and drink all my water & no sugary snacks right before bed.

Have a great day.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote