Old 02-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Consistency of the Premier Protein Chocolate shake?

Does anyone knows what the consistency of the Premier Protein Chocolate shake from Costco should be? I bought a case recently and when I pour out the shake, it is almost like chocolate pudding. Is it suppose to be that lumpy, or did I get a bad batch?
starapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

it is a thick shake-but it shouldn't be lumpy. Is it past the expiration date?
I like to add mine to decaf coffee and have a mocha-
mckaren4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/173/150

Mine are the exact consistency of the IP ones. Never lumpy. And I noticed that there aren't little chunk like things when you get to the bottom like I often found with the IP ones.
vtcowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #4  

I got a lumpy batch from Costco, too. I contacted the Premeir Protien people and they said they are working on the formula. They also sent me a case of shakes, which was very nice! Worth contacting them and offering feedback.
mnmomX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #5  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

I've had several bad batches that were at least 6 months away from being expired. I just took them back to Costco and exchange them, no questions asked. The consistency is smooth liquid, it shouldn't be lumpy at all.
TatiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #6  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I have had several "lumpy" shakes. It really is hit or miss, but worth it for the non lumpy ones. I usually buy a few cases at a time, too, so I'm either stuck with lumpy ones or luck out with non lumpy.

I have cut back on them recently to try to use up some of my other packets, so I really only have one at work if I don't have time to come home for lunch.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #7  

I just opened a vanilla shake that was lumpy
I called the number on the carton and they are mailing me
a replacement case-even though it is not considered spoiled and is totally edible....
Old 02-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/200/170

Default Thanks you all!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I called the company, and they will be sending me a replacement case. It's better than hauling the case back to Costco.

Much appreciation guys!
starapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

I've only got them once at BJ's (we don't have Costco in CT), and the ones I got were kind of "gluey".. I wanted to warm it a bit, and it turned into a lumpy gross mess.. I really love that they are 30 grams of protein, but if they are going to be so goopy, I'm not sure if I can choke it down. That being said, if the consistency is an error, I'll definitely contact them and see what happens.
Kawaii1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #10  

New followup:
after receiving a free case back in February -I just received a package from ups
They have changed their formula and they sent me a case of the new formula for free!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
New followup:
after receiving a free case back in February -I just received a package from ups
They have changed their formula and they sent me a case of the new formula for free!!!
WOW!! Excellent Customer Service!

How's the new formula?
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #12  

Tastes the same to me!!
Old 05-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7

Hey Everyone.... Do you drink the Premier Protein shakes daily? The only thing I worry about is the 30g of protein. I am trying to switch from the IP packets to a cheaper alternative. I just can't afford to keep spending so much each month. I LOVE these shakes, so I sure hope they're okay and won't slow my weight loss. I would be willing to try splitting them in half and watering them down so I got 2 shakes out of 1 every day. Thoughts? Thanks so much!!!
SarahEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahEileen View Post
Hey Everyone.... Do you drink the Premier Protein shakes daily? The only thing I worry about is the 30g of protein. I am trying to switch from the IP packets to a cheaper alternative. I just can't afford to keep spending so much each month. I LOVE these shakes, so I sure hope they're okay and won't slow my weight loss. I would be willing to try splitting them in half and watering them down so I got 2 shakes out of 1 every day. Thoughts? Thanks so much!!!
30 is really too much protein for IP. 20 g is around tops for IP packets.

Some do split these and they also make a smaller 100 calorie 18 gram protein version. Problem with splitting or smaller version is it isn't a lot of volume to fill you up.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #15  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahEileen View Post

I don't use them daily, but I use them often, and my losses are just fine so far. I blend 1/2 of an 11 oz bottle with ice and a cup of cold coffee, and some flavored stevia. Makes a large, frosty shake, and 1/2 of a bottle has 15g protein, 80 calories, 1.5g fat, and 1g net carbs. I use 1/2 of an 11oz bottle as a replacement for a packet.

At my Sam's Club, they also sell a smaller size bottle with 18g protein, 100 calories, and I can't recall the fat/carbs. It is a bit bigger in volume than just pouring out half of the larger bottle, but it isn't resealable. I just use those as a straight replacement for a packet, 1:1. It fills me up with my salad and veggies at lunch just as well as the IP chocolate drink.

Last edited by mainemum; 05-19-2014 at 08:39 PM.
mainemum is offline   Reply With Quote