Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 02-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #1  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Default Crohns Disease and Prednisone

Hello everyone,
I just got out of the hospital. I am again on 40 mgs. Prednisone <grumble>
I know I can lose weight on it because I have done it before, it just takes great will power and keeping your mind off food (somehow
I have Crohns Disease, I will be tapering off the pred. and my doctor is putting me on Humira.
My Dr. has put me on a strict low residue diet. I have been on this before, but I am trying to add a little flair to this so that I can cook for me and my healthy husband. That way I can keep food cost down, and cooking time to a minimal.
Any ideas, or great websites anyone? I was obstructed, now just trying to let my gut heal from inflammation. I miss vegtables, I am eating lots of soup, tonite I'm mashing Talipia- I want some meat! Thank you in advance
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:55 PM   #2  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I hated Prednisone so much but it sure does reduce that inflammation. I have heard good things about Humira so hopefully that will really help long term.

I don't really have any food advice but wanted to wish you good health!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:35 PM   #3  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Did they check you for gluten intolerance? And that's all you have been eating?
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Goal, I don't have any food recipes for you.... but I wanted to wish you luck. I have UC in the lower part of colon. It is MISERABLE... but sounds like you are on a good plan for healing.

I wish you the best.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:05 AM   #5  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Tai... Thank you darlin!

Driven by Ambition...No they didn't but I have thought about that one myself. I think it is worth asking my Dr. about it. My main problem was my resection is the size of a pencil now, and I ate some baby carrots and dried fruit. It was brutal. Because of all the inflammation surgery was out.

Lady Rider... Thank you! I'm sorry about your UC,I have read about it and known people who live with this. <hug>

I made Tilapia chowder (light) and ate 1 cup tonite---> it was really good. So now I've had my meat.
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote