View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 05:21 PM   #214
dak1lls
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann5555 View Post
Thank you so much! This was very helpful. I looked through the alternative thread a lot last night and there was a lot of information but I couldn't find many brand names mentioned of alternative supplements. May I ask what you use for each of yours? Also, do you know if you can substitute eggs whites for a protein packet? And one more question.. we were also told to have 4 cups of lettuce per day in addition to the 4 cups of select veggies... is that accurate?

Thank you!!!
oops..sorry i missed the egg whites question. I remember it being mentioned somewhere that you can add a couple of egg whites during the day without a problem. I will have a hard boiled egg with some sea salt with some dill pickles as a snack if I need the protein or get hungry or shaky. I just deduct a little from my 8ox of protein for dinner if I have a whole egg. This doesn't happen much anymore though. Also, 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg is equivalent to the omelet packet.

Side note: on the list of proteins 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites is equal to 8 oz of protein.

As to sources of packaged proteins, there are many!!!! I buy some local items such as EAS drinks, Detour low sugar bars, Pure Protein bars, Premier Protein Vanilla drinks (18g of protein) but they are hard to find. Most stores have an aisle now with protein items...use the guidelines and start reading labels. There are many items that will fit.

Also, I buy from a store called Complete Nutrition. They have a powdered drink called V-Core Vantage in Milk Chocolate, S'mores, Vanilla Bean, Orange Creamsicle, and Cookies n Cream. I make a frappe every single morning for breakfast. I found the recipe on this site:

1 scoop of milk chocolate powder
dash of cinnamon
dash of sea salt
6 to 8 oz water (I use coffee)
crushed ice

Mix in your magic bullet til smooth. Tastes like a milk shake. My hubby loves the Orange Creamsicle, of course not with coffee. The sea salt added is a good way to get your salt and also enhances the flavor for me.

I also buy from Nashua Nutrition. I buy Protidiet, Proti-Thin, HealthSmart and Weight Loss Systems brands. You can also order from dietdirect.com and netritition. I have heard there are many other sites, just look up something that sounds good to you and check the label according to the alternate guide. No aspartame...that is an easy one to miss!

Some of my favorites are the BBQ Soy Snack, Chile Lime Soy Snacks, many different bars and a couple of soups. I love the Protidiet Maple Brown Sugar oatmeal but only to make zucchini muffins. That recipe is also on this site somewhere. Lisa posted the following recipe:

1 egg white (i think the recipe says 2)
pinch salt
whisk egg whites til frothy but not peaked

add 1/2 tsp baking powder + any spices you want
add your packet of choice (I mostly use potato, maple-oatmeal, banana pudding, blueberry pudding - now blueberry whey powder)
add 1 c (from raw) lightly sauteed shredded zucchini

Bake in muffin tins 350 F for 15-20 min.

Let me know if you have more questions. You can PM me as well any time.

Don't look back, you're not going that way!

Last edited by dak1lls; 02-10-2014 at 05:24 PM.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote