Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:14 AM   #1  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Default Regainers regaining control, and relosing

Hello folks. There used to be a thread on this theme, but when I searched I found it hadn't been active in a few weeks so I took the liberty of starting a fresh one.

I have been struggling against a regain for the past year, really. My main problem has been binging, although I sometimes slip in overall discipline even when I'm not binging. Anyway I have been solidly on plan for about 12 days now and I'm ready to stand up and be accountable here.

(As it happens my girlfriend broke up with me about 12 days ago. As sad as I am about this, I think focusing on my plan has been an unconscious self-preservation tactic, one of several ways my brain has been trying to keep itself engaged with thoughts about things other than her. There's an element of will, too - I don't want to let a breakup be an excuse for binging.)

Enough TMI about me. As before, I'm keeping my original stats to the left, and I'll track the current progress in the signature. I know you other regainers are still out there. Let's help each other. We've all done it before, so we know what it takes. Let's buckle down and do it again.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Hi there Carter,

Sorry to hear about your breakup. Never easy to go through. I am sure you are strong and will pull through.

Thanks for starting this thread again. I too started regaining and deal with binge behavior. I got down to 164 (from 300) and then popped back up to 198 in a matter of 2 months.

I am here to support you in all ways! Let's get shaking...and not our bellies this time!

All my best,
Kate
---------------
CW - 188.6
Atkins Program - Former Ideal Protein
Old 01-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #3  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I'd like to jump in here, too. I've been doing well the last 2 weeks, but I want to keep it up and not be stupid and regain again. 2013 was a tough year and I just let apathy and frustration creep in. Well, that didn't help and found myself struggling to do normal activity.

Feeling so much better about what I'm eating, I'm keeping track again. And, going back to the gym has been tough, but invigorating.

Let's do this!!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

I am working on relosing again, too. I haven't changed my ticker yet.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 262/262/165

I'm a regainer too...has taken me too long to get refocused this time. I got down to 199 before my son was born in 2012. Yep been off plan now for about 3 years. but I'm ready. I have to so this...I need to start really understanding my issues with food too.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 284/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

I'll jump in here too. I was on here two years ago, went from 250 to 170. Kept it off for a year, and met my now fiance. He ate like a lumberjack (6'5" and 240 lbs) and I was unhappy at my job. The combination led to me putting it all back on and then some. So I'm back, and recommitted to look fierce and fabulous on my wedding day.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #7  
Diane

Glad to see so many recommitting. We all share such common stories. Did well before, but then somehow lost track and now have to start again.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

Height: 5'7

*whistle* This threat was made for me. I lost 80 lbs in 2012 and maintained for MOST of 2013. However, I have recently put 40 lbs back on which does not make me happy. It actually really upset me but I can't seem to re find my balance so I figured - why not go back to 3FC for the support I clearly need!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #9  
one choice at a time

Hello everyone. Glad to see folks ready to own up to the regains and get back to it.

Are you planning to take the same approach that you used to lose the weight the first time? Or, thinking of trying something different?

For me, I know what works: calorie counting, commitment, making the best choice I can make each time I am faced with a choice, saying "not today," keeping in mind that not every eating opportunity needs to be taken advantage of to its fullest.

Good luck and good strength.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #10  

Height: 5'11"

I lost over 100 pounds in my early twenties. I was actually a member here under another name but I wanted to treat this as a whole new venture so I didn't want to attach any old baggage (or screennames haha.) Shortly into maintaining, I had a vicious breakup and then I had a back injury requiring spinal surgery and months in a wheelchair. That was followed by a post surgical infection in my spine, a blood clot from the portable iv line, treatment with blood thinners which I was resistant to, resulting in months of twice a week visits to the hospital and to top it off... shingles. Then I got married and had a baby. Still, through all that, I count it a victory that I didn't gain ALL the weight back. I gained back 87 lbs of it though. My baby is now almost a year and a half old. My back really hurts but especially now that he's getting bigger. I want to be able to move better and ache less and keep up with my little boy. I also want to have another baby and I think my pregnancy might be easier at a lower weight. Anyway, I'm here.... again. Hi guys!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 284/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Are you planning to take the same approach that you used to lose the weight the first time? Or, thinking of trying something different?
For me, I did hardcore diet and exercise the first time mostly because I was in a new city and didn't have a social life that kept me from committing all my time outside of work to losing weight.

Now I have lots of friends, and pre-wedding parties which made it difficult to give that level of commitment, see the results I wanted, and maintain those relationships. I tried it for a month, and didn't lose an ounce.

I signed up for Weight Watchers this time around. I'm only a couple days in, but I went out to a bar for trivia last night and had no beer -- just water with lemon, and a single buffalo wing which kept me satisfied and on plan.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #12  
Diane

Welcome everyone! Good to see the recommitment! I am going back to what worked before, too. 3 days of spinning, 2 days of body pump per week, plus something lighter (walking, hiking, etc) over the weekend. Counting calories. And posting here!

I guess I'm using something new that seems to be a great tool. I'm on MyFitnessPal, and it has an app for my phone. It seems like I am doing better with keeping accountable with that.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #13  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone. So I was active in the previous regainers thread that's kind of lapsed so I think it's a great idea to have a new one. I started my journey in 2009, and got to goal in 2012, maintained that for a year and then took up baking as a hobby (blame Great British Bake Off) which led to a 20-30 lb regain in the space of 4 months which I've been trying to lose since October last year. Sigh.

Plan wise, I'm finding it quite difficult to be as disciplined as I was the first time around. I still weigh and measure and count everything that goes into my mouth, but then I did that when I was eating a whole cake in 2 days as well. I think I've gotten used to not eating at a deficit so now it's pretty hard to cut back. Also, I now have a different work schedule than I did before which means I can't always work out after work. Plus, to be honest, I'm just a lot lazier in many ways.

Towards the end of last year, I had success with the 5:2 plan, so I may go back to doing that along with good old calorie counting. I also want to cut down on my intake of sweets because I think that makes it super hard to stay on track. Exercise-wise, I want to go back to running 3 times a week (my runs have petered out to like 1-2 times a month which is bad!) and I'm going to start Turbo Fire tomorrow. Hopefully, this is our time to get back on track!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:29 AM   #14  
one choice at a time

Good to see you, ToastedSmoke (and others of course). I was just noticing how similar our stats are - start weight, lowest low, and current weight. Funny! (You are two inches taller than I am though.)

Anyway I had an off few days, eatingwise - I went on a several-day trip for my company's annual meeting and was fairly careful but overate here and there. And I got my period yesterday. As a result I haven't weighed myself this morning. I'm trying to move away from daily weighing anyhow, just to try something different. So maybe I will weigh in a few days when I feel the bloat is down a bit.

I'm just glad I haven't let this unwanted and unexpected breakup to be a trigger to binge. It would be delightfully numbing to lose myself in a pound or two of candy. I'm not going to do it.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #15  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Default I'm back again...

Thank you
Thank you for starting this thread up again. I also have regained weight back. I am joining a local gym this morning. I'm so out of shape I'll probably only be able to use the treadmill these first day's. That's ok though I just need to get up and move. Then I'm going to go to the store and load up on all my former favorites... honey crisp apples, clementines, salad mix, red seedless grapes, green beans, carrots, bell pepper, talipa, and chicken.
I just can't wake up another day and drag this tired, heavy, weary body out of bed and feel like I failed. So I begin again.
Closed Thread