Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Default Bra Help!

I'm in desperate need of a decent bra at a good price. Here are my "issues"...as I've lost weight I've lost volume in my bust area. I'm OK with this, honestly not complaining, on my 5'10" I'm a small D cup 38/36 around. Because of losing a bit of volume I like a bra that lifts and has some padding underneath. I also found that my boobs love demi cup (LOL sorry hope not to offend!) The reason being it seems if they are lifted from underneath it gives me the support my body type needs. I absolutely cannot wear bras that want to squish your girls together. I'm a bit lopsided and one side ends up falling out and I'm constantly readjusting.

Fruit of the Loom used to have a bra that my body Loved! It was a demi cup convertible. It was fabulous! Sadly this model bra was discontinued. I tried contacting Fruit of the Loom directly and they don't even have this model on file anymore... LOL people actually asked me if I had the #'s right because it ws unknown to the system and I was literally holding the bra in my hand with the model number right in front of me!

Sorry so long winded. Anyway I'm trying to find a reasonably priced, demi cup with a little extra padding on the bottom. For anyone who maybe wears this type of bra can you offer any recommendations???? I've tried googlnig this online and end up seeing very thin models wearing cutsy demi cups and I'm looking for something functional.

Thanks!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I have the same issue as you (one boob smaller than the other), and I find the demi cup or balconet to be the best for the girls. I have the best luck with bras from Addition-elle, a plus size store here in Canada. They have 38D, and you can always find bras under their sale section, I only buy mine on sale. The bra from them that fits me best is the femme fatale bra. Their bras are sexy and very comfortable. I know it's ideal to try them on first, but I took a chance with these ones and they are perfect for me.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

I found two GREAT balconettes at Target in the past couple of years, but I usually get them at Nordstrom. Have you tried 6PM?
SlimmerBySummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 251.5/162/140

I like demi bras as well. As I lost weight I lost a lot of upper pole fullness so I can't wear a full coverage cup. I like this one: http://www.freyalingerie.com/lingeri...px?colour=nude by Freya. I would also recommend you get a professional fitting at a specialty shop or a Nordstrom's--not Victoria's Secrets & make sure you are wearing the right size.
amyk0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #5  

Oh thanks so much for your replies! My last good bra was on it's last...errr....leg?....cup? LOL! I was having some serious spillage in the middle and that is not good! I need to start buying more bras, but since I've been losing weight I hesitate to invest too much money in case I go down a size or lose some fullness (please! I hope I lose no more fullness!) I can't wait to check out all of your suggestions! I do think I need a professional fitting. I'm definitely do prefer the demi cup. I just get frustrated when the ones I find seem to be constructed more for looks than actual support. LOL is it even possible to find a sexy, full coverage, large banded, demi cup, bra?? Additionally I'm tall, and if I don't have a nice lift and that little extra padding I can appear disproportionate. LOL I suppose I don't look THAT bad, but I like to look balanced in my clothing! Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant and thanks for all of your great suggestions! I'm going to do some bra shopping today based on your suggestions!
Old 02-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #6  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Have you tried Lane Bryant? I have bought bras there since I stopped fitting into Victoria's Secret's bras (A LOOOOONG TIME AGO). They can run a little expensive but I promise you the fit and the quality are amazing. Those are made to last and not sag. (I can say I have a bit of experience, I'm a 38 DDD, and I'm 5'4'').

Last edited by Paulitens; 02-14-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:16 PM   #7  

I forgot about Lane Bryant! I'll have to check them out. I don't mind paying a little more if I can get some good lift and coverage! LOL what's funny is I used to work at Lane Bryant! Can't believe I forgot about them!
Old 02-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

I have had good luck at a store called Cacique. Quality bras, bigger cup sizes, good variety.
smallerin2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #9  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by vealcalf2000 View Post
I forgot about Lane Bryant! I'll have to check them out. I don't mind paying a little more if I can get some good lift and coverage! LOL what's funny is I used to work at Lane Bryant! Can't believe I forgot about them!
Hahaha! Oh, the irony! I think I'm going to miss Lane Bryant's bras when I lose weight. Gosh, those bras are AMAZING! Victoria's Secret cannot hold a candle to them in terms of quality, price and durability. VT has more variety and more cutsy stuff, of course, but I love LB all the way! As a well-endowed person who lived most of her adulthood outside of the States, where variety is very scarce, I felt in Paradise at LB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerin2014 View Post
I have had good luck at a store called Cacique. Quality bras, bigger cup sizes, good variety.
Lane Bryant sells Cacique. They're awesome.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote