View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #15
Palestrina

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Guilt is an emotion I'm struggling to be completely rid of. So far it has done nothing for me, in fact guilt makes me spin into a depression and I'm more likely to veer off course because of it.

It's never too late. 4 days is nothing. As long as you're not spending 7hrs on the couch watching tv then think of every motion you make as exercise.

And then of course there's the external cues that help me prioritize movement. (I don't think of it as exercise anymore, I just think of it as being active).

- I wear a pedometer. It makes every step count. All day.
- I put on my work out gear first thing in the morning. Because I feel like a doofus if I go through the trouble of taking my sneakers off not to exercise. I'm already dressed... do something!
- Think of it as a chore and schedule it in. I have a list on my fridge that tells me what I'm doing every day of the week. Monday is mopping, cleaning the bathrooms, and exercising for example.
- Find ways to cope with guilt, give yourself positive reinforcement and be kind to yourself - you're the only you you've got, why plague her with punishment?

"If you pay attention to when you are hungry, what your body wants, what you are eating, when you've had enough, you end the obsession because obsession and awareness cannot coexist." - Geneen Roth
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote