Old 01-28-2014, 06:58 PM   #1  

Default Anyone else starting IP this week?

Today is day one. I would love to connect with some others who are just starting.
justforme2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm just finishing day #4 of week #1 - so far so good - I'm glad I did start on Saturday - weigh in is Friday evening at 6
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #3  
Easy Victor

S/C/G: 178.4/159.4/135

Height: 5'6"

Started last Thursday so I'm on day 6 now. First 3 days lost 5.3 lbs. Haven't lost anything significant since (I weigh daily on the Wii Fit). Am sticking with it religiously, but getting harder as I'm starting to run out of the IP food packets that I like best. I still get hungry a couple hours after I've eaten, and "unlimited lettuce" just doesn't seem to do the trick ;-) But I'm sure that things will improve as I get used to things and my body adjusts more. Looking forward to traveling this road with you guys!
PerishTheWeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #4  

Day two for me......trying my hardest to figure out what I'm doing amidst the hunger :-)
RobinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 142/126.6/120

Just started IP on Saturday and already down 6 pounds....YIPPEEE!!!! Following the program to a tee... have 20 to lose so 14 to go... Today is the first day that I'm not hungry. Starting to feel like my old self. Good luck!
lgg64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:53 PM   #6  

I started Saturday as well. Gave myself two days to adjust before beginning another week of travel. My challenges were getting my veggies ready for the trip. I live in the upper Midwest and struggled with keeping veggies cold while not freezing due to the frigid temps. Day two and the frigid temps have frozen my fresh veggies so I had to toss them. So I went to the hotel restaurant and ordered a side salad loaded with veggies for tomorrow. Hoping that will suffice til I can get to a store or restaurant tomorrow. I haven't had any real issues so far. When I get hungry I sure know it. But none of the side effects that some people have mentioned. My initial consult was last Thursday, started this Saturday and won't have my next weigh-in until next Monday. Hoping for good things!
TravelingChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #7  

Looking forward to staying connected with all who started this week.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:55 AM   #8  

Woke up hungry for the first time on Day5. Hoping some mint tea can stave off the hunger until a little later this a.m. I don't like to do a packet until a few hours into my day.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:56 AM   #9  

Smile

Good luck to you too!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/232/170

Height: 5'10"

I started last Friday so I'm on day 6. Doing well so far but realize my kids are hiding junk food from me. Complete role reversal but glad I don't have to look at the chocolate because I'm not strong enough yet to not break down. Lol
Mandy078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #11  

Hi All,
I'm actually starting next Friday but wanted to jump in with the group just starting out. Sounds like the first couple of days are going well! Question about the unlimited lettuce-- is there an unlimited accouterment-- like lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, which are pretty calorie-limited? Just thought I'd ask. My initial consult is in less than a week, so I'm just trying to get ready!
jgules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgules View Post
Hi All,
I'm actually starting next Friday but wanted to jump in with the group just starting out. Sounds like the first couple of days are going well! Question about the unlimited lettuce-- is there an unlimited accouterment-- like lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, which are pretty calorie-limited? Just thought I'd ask. My initial consult is in less than a week, so I'm just trying to get ready!
No balsamic vinegar until maintenance but lemon juice is ok. I wouldn't go crazy with it, moderation is key!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm on day #5 week #1- I felt a little light-headed this morning and didn't want to eat my lunch until noon - doing that now - had IP vanilla pudding for breakfast and I'm now having 8 oz of tofu mixed with 2 cups of mushrooms, zuccini & celery with some of ID sea salt and vinegar - for dinner I'm having a chocolate shake mixed with 2 cups of spinnach blended in my nutribullit and I'll have a snack bar later in the evening - just trying to make sure I follow the program. I'm dirinking more than enough water - have cut my coffee down to 2 cups and haven't had a diet cola since Friday

well let's all have a great day on program we're worth it

Maureen

Last edited by maureen kempster; 01-29-2014 at 12:09 PM.
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:10 PM   #14  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgules View Post
Hi All,
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
No balsamic vinegar until maintenance but lemon juice is ok. I wouldn't go crazy with it, moderation is key!
Hope you don't mind me jumping in. In addition to what IdealProteinNewbie said, it would be a good idea to look into Walden Farms products. They're definitely an acquired taste, but some are ok and they have a decent vinaigrette. Look at netrition.com or vitacost.com for their products. Again, even though they're 0-0-0, moderation is key.

Last edited by 0ojoyo0; 01-29-2014 at 12:12 PM.
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:11 PM   #15  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

My husband and I are starting today. I have to be honest, I've never been so afraid to start a diet...weird right? I think it's because this means so much to me. My husband and I did Adkins for two years prior to me getting pregnant so I'm not foreign to a low carb restricted diet.
I'm looking forward to losing the weight...and fast.

jgules - balsamic vinegar isn't allowed on IP...or at least phase 1 as far as I know. You can have basic white vinegar though. Double check to make sure it is on plan....to save yourself.
Johnsdeere is offline   Reply With Quote