South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 06:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Wild Wednesday on the Beach Feb 5th

I told my kids we were having "4 to 8" inches of snow today, they thought I said 48 inches of snow! That would definately be a bit wild, wouldn't it?

School's already called off for the day...I know we have 5 or 6 inches out there, and haven't looked at the radar to see if there's more to come.

None of my clients cancelled , so I still am hauling in to work this am. Short day though, then I hope to finally get some cross country skiing in. Or maybe snow shoeing? We will see!

Yesterday was a good on plan day, lets hope today is as well. Off to the treadmill! (which, i'm watching Hugh Jackman, not a bad way to start the day.....)
Old 02-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I'll not mention the weather except to say the ploughs went down our road at 6 and woke me up. I am so glad to be sleeping late some mornings. i don't mind 5:30 in spring but not in the dark winter. Actually the days are really getting longer - still not dark at 5:30 PM.

Not sure what the day will bring but I have absolutely nothing on the calendar. I'm sure something will fill my day! I am seriously considering not answering the phone today. I have corned beef in the crockpot and some chicken veggie soup simmering. This could be a jammie day except I never get anything done when I'm in jammies.

I know the eastern US is getting hit with lots of the white stuff today. Be safe and stay home if you can.

Lifting Paul Newman in a toast to Hum Day!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Twynn! Thanks for getting us started this morning! In March/2003 we had 72 inches over 2 or 3 days! It was a pain to shovel lol. I hope your clients show and have a great day!

I've been up getting stuff done. Mom has her eye appt in Denver and I'm dropping DH off at DD's on the way....several other misc chores, as well. It's -10 this morning....it was chilly taking the pup out.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good snowy morning! I'm guessing we got about a foot yesterday into last night. DH and I shoveled it an inch or two or three at a time. Not sure when the plow will get out this way since we live at the end of a cul-de-sac which makes us very low priority. Single digit temps too.

Unfortunately yesterday I went on a snacking bender. I will NOT repeat that today. I will NOT repeat that today. I will NOT repeat that today.

Did anyone else watch the Biggest Loser?
Old 02-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Karen I DVR'd it and will watch between shoveling sessions. Looks like I woke too late as the snow is taller than Coconut. Thankfully he will use the wee wee pad.

On my way home last night, DS called to tell me about our hoarders. Apparently mice have been hoarding dog food and placed it strategically behind the washing machine. There is a small gap around the overflow water pipe. What a challenge it was trying to place steel wool in that hole. Mick knows they are back there and has "staring contests" with the washing machine. Oiy vey!

So happy court was cancelled as there is no way I would make it. I plan
on shoveling, cycling, laundry and cleaning today. Should leave me exhausted for work tomorrow lol

Stay safe chickies
Old 02-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Tywnn we got about 6 inches of snow and it looks like it finally stopped snowing here. No school for my Kiddo and DS has late reporting for college.

Ruth I think a jammie day sounds fantastic lol I hope you get nothing added to your calender for today

Debbie our temps are dropping today and it will chilly tomorrow.

Karen I did watch Biggest Loser last night and I won't spoil it for Jekel but I was in shock and disappointed not healthy.

Jekel I am wfh but will have to take some time to shovel so I can drive tomorrow.

Everyone is still abed so it is nice and quiet but it will be a full house later on.

Stay safe and warm.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We are off to a slow, leisurely start here thanks to the snow. I really should get some work done but it's been coffee and relaxing so far. We are in the 8-16 area, big variation there. I think it will be the low end because it's not as heavy as we heard it would be, but time will tell. Tim was up first this morning to shovel the path for the princess. Now everyone is lounging around the house
Old 02-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone-
Snowy day here today as well. I'm officially on phase 2 now, but still eating phase one meals-don't trust myself except to just one meals and one item of food from phase 2. Last night was sort of a splurge night-steak, probably 2/3 cup parmesan potatoes, tomatoes. Today, I've had an omelet with mushrooms, red peppers, and a cube of cheddar cheese crumbled in it, lunch was a salad, and tonight, well, it will either be tilapia or left over homemade stir fry.
Have a great day!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Well that weatherman was wrong again! Went off to school today with a prediction of 3-5 but I would say we are looking at 7 or 8" right now and it is still going! Then, just so you don't forget it is February, we will have -5 tonight. Trying to think spring.

Made some great chicken parm the other night. I coated the chicken with a mixture of ground almonds, Parmesan cheese, Italian spices and garlic powder then baked it for a bit. Added some SB marinara and cheese, delicious! I've come to use almonds where I previously used bread crumbs. Yum! Tonight I am coating Haddock filets...

It feels good to make it through hump day. Anyone see the camel today? Hump Day!! Mike, mike mike...

Have a safe and warm evening, chicks.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Just a quick check-in. We got hit pretty hard with this ice storm and it looks like a war zone around here. I'm back home since Jake said they got our power back on around 3, but it looks like there won't be power at the farm until this weekend, at the earliest. I dropped the girls off at a friend's house who has a whole-house generator, where they will be spending the next few days.

It's been quite a day, and a nightmare trying to get home, and I'm just going to chill out the rest of the evening. See you all in the AM!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Linda, glad you are home and safe. It sounds like quite a day. I wonder how others fared today.
Beth, wish I could bake it over for dinner! Yum!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-05-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Closed Thread