General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 28st12lb/22st12lb/12st00lb

Height: 5ft9in

Default Still doesn't seem real to me

Hi, I've how lost 6 stone exactly (84lbs or 38.1kgs).

I still doesn't seem real to me that I've lost that amount off weight. Never thought I would.
Liz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #2  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Liz! That is awesome!!!! (I too have lost 85 lbs) Do you see yourself different in the mirror??!! See bones that you have not seen in awhile?? I bet you have clothes that are so lose or falling off that it amazes you (that is what confirmed it to me as I don't feel as different.. tho I do feel lighter! like I could maybe skip now! LOL) Congratulations again on your well earned journey victory! Keep telling yourself.. I lost 84 lbs I did it! I did it!!!!! Tell yourself THANK YOU! as YOU did do it!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Liz, that is amazing! Well done!
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:11 AM   #4  

Thank You everyone.

I know I should be proud at how much I have lost but I find it very hard to be proud off anything good I do.
I don't know if its just me who is like this but if I have ever do something that is good or something I should be proud off - I always find myself looking at the bad points and thinking I could have done better, other people would have done better. I think I feel like this now because when I was at child I as always class as the thicko one, the stupid one, and if I did do something that was good or an achievement there was always someone better than me. Oh well never mind eh.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:06 AM   #5  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Be happy for yourself for your achievements. It's going to take me a year to do what you did and I have 11 months and 28 kg to go! It would be great if you could upload before and after pics!
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Liz, I know what you mean. I think one has to consciously work to reframe these situations in a positive light. Like "wow! I, liz31, did something so wonderful that it is literally beyond belief." Then do things that make you feel good about yourself. For me, the most effective thing at making me really connect to my body in a happy way and feel like I am doing well is running. For you it might be new clothes or a massage or, I don't know, dancing?
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: see ticker

That is really amazing! I kind of know what you mean, but not in the sense of weight loss (yet). When I finally got a job I'd been hoping for since I graduated school, I couldn't believe it, either. It just didn't seem real to me, but after many depressing years at a crummy job, it was real. Eventually, it does sink in (at least it did for me).

COngrats!
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:34 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

So impressive. I hope I can say the same some day
queenie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #9  

I still can't acknowledge to myself that I have lost so much weight. I sincerely don't feel like I look different even though I know that I do (based on clothes sizes, attention from men, etc.). It's so weird how our brains work even all these months later.

My DH called my butt cheeks small the other night (sorry if TMI!) and I instantly leaped into the full length mirror staring at myself in my pajamas and asking him why he would say something like that. He said "because it's true!" and I still don't believe him (and am obviously still thinking about it).

I pick out huge clothes in stores and if there is a sales lady working, they always tell me to get something a few sizes smaller and I try to tell them no. Then the smaller clothes fit and I'm baffled.

Congrats on your weightloss, I'm so happy for you!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #10  

Thank You, I know I should be proud but find it hard to be proud off anything I do, even this because I know that losing the weight I already have (and I hope to lose more weight) wouldn't be good enough for some people.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz31 View Post
Thank You, I know I should be proud but find it hard to be proud off anything I do, even this because I know that losing the weight I already have (and I hope to lose more weight) wouldn't be good enough for some people.
Just try to remember IT IS good enough and we aren't doing it for anyone else, we are doing it for ourselves and our own reasons. People on this very site talk about "how big" they are now in the 170s (or whatever category). It's all relative because the 170s are the smallest I have been in over a decade.

I secretly hoped losing weight would magically cure all of my insecurities. In all honesty, I feel in some ways that they are worse now. Just know you aren't alone, ever.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote