Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 05:48 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-04-2014, 06:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/157.5/135

Height: 5'

All of the alternative Protidiet items I ordered from Nashua Nutrition are really good except...the chili & the spaghetinni...not so good.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Just curious.... How many of you on here are doing this program without a coach?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:19 AM   #4  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
Just curious.... How many of you on here are doing this program without a coach?
I'm doing alternatives on my own. Everyone here is my coach
Old 02-04-2014, 07:51 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Me.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #6  

Quote:
I had one for the first 10 months. She was fired after taking my $$ for a LONG time but never calling me after my vacation. Plus I figured out she was not my motivator, which was why I was paying her.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Hoping today is mentally a better day than yesterday. I did NOT go off the program, but I stretched it to the limits of what is allowed. I had the munchies all day. I ate pickles. I brushed my teeth. I drank water. I made three or four different kinds of tea.

But I still went to the gym and got my exercise, took and pills and today IS ANOTHER DAY. Grateful for having it and will do all possible to make it a great day. All up to me.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #8  

Schenectady
I had the munchies over the weekend.
We are stronger than the food!

On another note: I found a recipe for "Bubbies" pickles
I might try it!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #9  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Schenectady
I had the munchies over the weekend.
We are stronger than the food!

On another note: I found a recipe for "Bubbies" pickles
I might try it!
All this talk about Bubbies, I think I need to get some. How does the taste compare to Mt. Olive no sugar added pickles?
Old 02-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:59 AM   #11  
Alt Product User

Height: 6'

Quote:
No coach for me due to finances being so tight. Although I've seen wonderful weight weight loss, I do wonder if I would do better with a coach. I think I'm hitting a plateau(nearing the end of wk #4) as I haven't lossed any weight in a few days. But I'll wait the entire week before jumping to conclusions. Reading through all these blogs, is like winning the biggest jackpot on a slot machine, daily ! I'm a winner, big time! The support from everyone for everyone is very uplifting and makes me feel so much love! Seening others succeed helps me believe so can I!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone! I am back from Mexico! Had a great time, weather was fabulous (especially compared to here, lol!), the resort we stayed at was gorgeous, the beach was beautiful and we had so much fun.

The best part of the whole vacation was being able to do so much more than I did the last time we were there - starting with sitting on the plane comfortably. Swimming, walking tours, snorkelling - all were so much better with 60+ less pounds on me. I was much more confident wearing a bathing suit (no bikini on this one just yet) and even wearing shorts and sleeveless tops.

Anyway, back at P1 this morning - started off with a crispy cereal pancake and I have my lunch (a big salad with some peppers, radishes and chopped broccoli and a protein shake) ready to go. I am meeting with my coach at lunch today for a WI - I know I've gained some because my clothes feel different but I don't think it's a huge amount. I also think I want to change my goal weight but I'll talk to her about that too. So, I'll update my stats after lunch.

Hope everybody has been well over the past week - missed "chatting" with you all!

Jo
Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanDeNa View Post
No coach for me due to finances being so tight. Although I've seen wonderful weight weight loss, I do wonder if I would do better with a coach. I think I'm hitting a plateau(nearing the end of wk #4) as I haven't lossed any weight in a few days. But I'll wait the entire week before jumping to conclusions. Reading through all these blogs, is like winning the biggest jackpot on a slot machine, daily ! I'm a winner, big time! The support from everyone for everyone is very uplifting and makes me feel so much love! Seening others succeed helps me believe so can I!
A plateau is 4 weeks with no change in weight or inches, not a few days.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I wouldn't call my 'coach' a 'coach'. She sells my protein. Because I make pennies being an intern right now, my parents are so wonderful and paying for my protein packets. I talked to Mama about switching to alts, and her response was that I need to do it the IP way so that there are no excuses as to why it may be coming off slower or not working as well. She realizes that my support system is found here and not at the clinic. I just let it be. Thankful that I 1. have parents willing to help me and 2. Have a support system (that's yall!) through all of this!

Regarding Bubbies, I think they have a different taste completely. Usually when I bit into a pickle, I squirmed a bit to get used to the taste. With Bubbies, I want to eat it like candy and eat the whole jar! Which could get very expensive. I haven't been eating them this past week and have definitely noticed a difference.

On another note, My TOM is approaching and for the first time I'm experiencing a 'bloating' feeling in my abdomen. I guess for so many years, it's always been covered up by my fat and other carb bloating? Does that make sense? I was talking to my cousin about it and she was thinking...maybe it's just because i'm getting closer into a normal weight range? Not sure.

Last edited by ems70508; 02-04-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Good morning everyone! I am back from Mexico! Had a great time, weather was fabulous (especially compared to here, lol!), the resort we stayed at was gorgeous, the beach was beautiful and we had so much fun.

The best part of the whole vacation was being able to do so much more than I did the last time we were there - starting with sitting on the plane comfortably. Swimming, walking tours, snorkelling - all were so much better with 60+ less pounds on me. I was much more confident wearing a bathing suit (no bikini on this one just yet) and even wearing shorts and sleeveless tops.

Anyway, back at P1 this morning - started off with a crispy cereal pancake and I have my lunch (a big salad with some peppers, radishes and chopped broccoli and a protein shake) ready to go. I am meeting with my coach at lunch today for a WI - I know I've gained some because my clothes feel different but I don't think it's a huge amount. I also think I want to change my goal weight but I'll talk to her about that too. So, I'll update my stats after lunch.

Hope everybody has been well over the past week - missed "chatting" with you all!

Jo
Welcome back!! Anxious to hear more about your trip! Where did you stay?? We just booked a family thing for June once our kids are out of school...and it is almost back to back with another "sisters" trip to the same area my sisters and nieces do... June can't get here soon enough for me. This winter is the pits. Philadelphia and the surrounding area...esp just south, has had MORE SNOW than Boston this year...(Chicago ..still gets the prize..LOL...and we've spent our share of this winter there too.. )

Hope your warm glow melts some of the snow and bitter wind in the midwest!
Closed Thread