South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/266/175

Height: 5'10

Default My 2 week "check-up"

Hello all,

Today completes two full weeks at phase one for me. I've gotten good resluts so far. I've lost 11 pounds so far. The best thing I can say is that I (knock, double knock, triple knock on wood) no longer feel a slave to sugar. It's crazy. Before I started this way of eating I felt about as hopeless as I ever had. I felt as if I had lost the power of choice with regards to drinking pop, eating sugar, eating highly process carbs, deserts, bread, pasta, bagels, etc...

In the last two weeks I've cheated (badly) twice. One night I ate a ton of brownies and another I ate vanilla wafers. Other than that, I've been on plan. Not perfect at all, but I think I identified some reasons as to why I felt compelled to eat those foods.

For me, I have no defense once my mind says "WE need sugar". If I get to that point - it's over. My job is to not put my body in the position to crave sugar. The more whole veggies, lean meats, cheese, eggs, nuts, I have - the less I crave the "bad stuff". Conversly the two main triggers I have are coffee at night and peanut butter. Both of those foods seem to create cravings later.

I am so hopeful for the way of eating. I still battle the negative thoughts "How am I going to eat this way FOREVER". The reality is I don't have to eat this way FOREVER, I just have to eat this way today. One day at a time. I have noticed being able to let those thoughts go at mealtime. Sticking to the plan when it counts and not settig myself up for cravings later.

I wish everyone the best.

JDP
jdpgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations, JDP! You've done a fantastic job on Phase 1, despite your cheats!

How about switching to hot tea instead of coffee at night? I've been pleasantly surprised that a cup of tea is so satisfying, plus it helps me sleep better.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Awesome job JDP! Now, to bookmark this page when you're being tempted, to remind yourself of how well it works.

I hope you join us here often!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

JDP-Great work!!! I'm to start phase 2 today as well-it's good to know what your triggers are-I feel I have so many. I also like your outlook on transitioning into a lifestyle change-it's so hard to reprogram your body to a new mindset of eating! Keep up the awesome work!
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Congrats!!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Great job! I was amazed after finishing P1 how my tastes changed. There were some foods I thought I couldn't live without but when I had a bite they no longer held their appeal.

As for the evening warm drink, I still drink decaf so I know where you are coming from. Tea or SB hot chocolate might be worth trying. But as you are finding out, if it causes cravings it is better to avoid the food rather than undo your success.

Keep checking in! This place is the best for support.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on the success so far! Just stick to the plan and I know that there will be much more success in the future.
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote