Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 120/175/130

Height: 5'0"

Default Exasperated Rant

So, I am sitting at midnight...crying. I know everyone or most everyone has been here but...I just feel horrible. I was so excited to lose weight. I started January first and just worked out so hard. No bad food. No pop. Nothing. Not even little cheat days. I was thrilled when I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I know weight fluctuates and all that but it went back up to 172 and has stayed at 172 the following two weeks and now. I just want to give up. Im crying because I am scared of hitting 200. My mom was a big women and had to get gastric bypass because of her health. I don't want health problems. I already have depression issues and anxiety as well as low self esteem and I am only 24. I have no idea what to do. I want to quit and I've been looking into diet pills lately which i'd hate to do. I feel so alone and scared. Im sorry if I wasted your time reading this.
Irysbleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:30 AM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

((((hugs)))) im sorry it's a rough night for you....I hear ya on the weight fluctuations...it sucks
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:32 AM   #3  

*Hugs* Yeah...Im just not seeing it move and its making me feel worse. Let alone stress because of taxes and the Christmas recovery as I call it.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:33 AM   #4  
cancerfree!

S/C/G: 295/145

Height: 64"

You didn't waste anyone's time. It is hard to lose weight. It is hard especially knowing that your Mom had serious health issues. I totally understand that. I am just now starting therapy to resolve the anger issues I am dealing with because my Mom for whatever reason chose not to take care of herself and ended up dying when she was only 63. She never took her meds, she made no changes to her diet/attitude/exercise/herself. I don't want to repeat those mistakes and have my kids deal with what I dealt with (or have failed to deal since I am just now beginning to accept what is in the past is still hurting me today!). Please don't give up on yourself. You can do this! Talk to your doctor, ask for help, remember how fabulous you are! You can do this!
5yearscancerfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #5  

Ill try. I really will. This normally happens where Ill just pent up all my stress and rage and depression and instead of having little outbursts have a huge one one day that lasts hours. I think that and my TOM is making me feel so terrible. Ill keep that in mind and I really do wish you well on your journey. Message me if you ever need someone to talk to.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:56 AM   #6  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irysbleu View Post
Ill try. I really will. This normally happens where Ill just pent up all my stress and rage and depression and instead of having little outbursts have a huge one one day that lasts hours. I think that and my TOM is making me feel so terrible. Ill keep that in mind and I really do wish you well on your journey. Message me if you ever need someone to talk to.
I get that way too sometimes ((hugs)) I push everything aside because i'm busy and then one day, there's a straw that breaks the back and I just fall into a stressed-depression (stresspression?) that lasts a few days because i'm just inundated with everything....high stress job, no money, car broken down, more kids living here, more bills, etc etc etc
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irysbleu View Post
Believe me, I know this is easier said than done, but try to re-frame the issue. Instead of focusing on weight loss, focus on becoming healthier. You can do everything right and see no movement on the scale for other reasons - one of them being anxiety and stress which can slow your losses due to cortisol. If your focus is on weight loss only, you can get into a catch-22 spiral downward. If however you focus on getting healthier, you can see progress even when the scale doesn't move. For example - did I eat my veggie today? check. Did I drink my water? check. Did I move my body? check. etc. Eventually the scale will reflect your efforts as well. Good luck!
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/see ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

First, *hugs*
Second, It is HARD HARD HARD to lose! Keep up your new good habits!
Third, Focus on your health. So maybe you aren't loosing as fast as you wanted to. Well, guess what? The habits and skills you are building now like exercise, counting calories, and portion control if used appropriately will continue to make you healthier on the inside, and eventually you will lose on the outside! Your blood pressure and blood cholesterol are probably better than they were before. Also, make sure you are keeping your mind healthy too! Stress can make you retain weight (one thing that's helped me TONS is meditation).

Last edited by EnglishMcTeach; 02-03-2014 at 09:44 AM.
EnglishMcTeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #9  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Are you a member of My Fitness Pal? If you aren't, it is a great site for logging calories and getting support. Anyways, I found this helpful:

Bmr And Tdee Explained

This helped me understand and calculate my daily caloric intake. This was definitely an eye opener for me. I found that I initially lost weight when I first set my daily calories, but learned it was waaay too low. I ended up, using this method to calculate my TDEE, bumped it up, and that broke my plateau. Something else I have done, is switch up my workout plan. I used to do a 30min workout and get away with it, now I have gone on to an hour.
I now alternate strength and cardio days, and used this new regimen to break my last plateau. I have learned not to be scared of strength training .

Not sure what issues you struggle with, but once you get the basics down, stick to it, and the weight will come off. This whole weight loss thing is trial and error, we just have to learn to roll with the punches(this is advice for me as much as it is for you ).
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #10  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Just take everything one day at a time. Choose a doable lifestyle change. For instance, I am gluten-free, dairy-free, caffeine- free, and low carb. I will slowly add dairy and caffeine back in, but at the moment, I need to do this for myself. I feel no hunger and am satisfied. This is what is working for me. Find something that will work for you.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:19 AM   #11  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

You can do this! It's a hard journey to healthy, we've all felt like giving up when our efforts seem useless.

But, there is definitely a way! It's only been 2 weeks!

What were you doing before to lose weight? You might need to tweak your plan and you'll be losing weight in no time!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:02 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

You've got this. Weight loss is hard! Which is why its taken me several years to really figure out what works.

Making health a priority over weight is soooo important. Measure you success in "I ate really well today" not just "I lost 1/2 a lb this week"). You will get there, just don't give up.

I don't know what your situation is but I've found MyFitnessPal to be helpful in targeting calories. Both overeating and under eating will stall weight loss.

*hugs*

Last edited by grinchygirl; 02-10-2014 at 10:02 AM.
grinchygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #13  
cancerfree!

S/C/G: 295/145

Height: 64"

Remember you are fabulous and amazing! It takes courage to start the healing process and even more courage to continue the healing process. I highly recommend a speed bag and boxing gloves for anger and depression. Even if you are just able to go 2 or 3 minutes at a time, it is a great way to get rid of anger and depression (and the two often go hand in hand). Continue to journal either on this website/blog or on your own computer. Sometimes it helps to write letters to people and then shred (or burn) them. This will take time, but you can do it! I wish you well on your journey and would love to post back and forth with you. You will have to bear with me though, as I am still learning how to do this! Again, remember how amazing you are!
5yearscancerfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 235/192.6/150

Losing weight is not easy, you can do it! Just think that even if you aren't seeing movement on the scale all your efforts are still paying off with being healthier.

Last edited by kabaker; 02-10-2014 at 12:15 PM.
kabaker is offline   Reply With Quote