View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
nads84

S/C/G: 205-135 Maintaining since '10

Height: 5'1

I'm in the same boat, I don't remember the last time I took more than 4 consecutive days off from exercising. I've cut cardio by a couple hours a week this month as the exercise bike in our condo's gym is on the fritz and I've replaced my time on the stationary with walking the dog for about 45 minutes x2/day and that kinda drives me nuts as there's no intensity (I like to push hard most of the time). To maintain my endurance and my lactate threshold I've started running outside even when it's -20 (-4F, I live in northern canada) or lower as I won't touch the dreadmill. I thought it'd be pretty awful, but when the sun's shining it's great! ....Good to know I can run all year long and hopefully hit my pace goals sooner

I feel pretty guilty that I've been only getting in 2 full-body heavy lifting sessions in and one hot-yoga class/week, but hey, there's only so much time in a day and at least I'm consistent!!

I wouldn't worry too much about it nova as you've got the habit, and habits are hard to break! I'm sure even if we tried to take a full week off from exercising you'd go battsh*t crazy!! Give your body the rest it needs, don't feel guilty about it because you know you'll be going right back at it until your body needs to rest again.
nads84 is offline   Reply With Quote